Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Sevconian and general buffoon Chic Young made a faux pas earlier on radio today when he stated that the Championship would be a a really good division with the likes of Dundee, Morton, Queen Of The South and Dunfermline. Ignorant, lazy and incompetent. He did apologise after it was presumably pointed out to him off air. But even so, it was poor. Too busy with wanking over Sevco and Celtic.

An ill advised visit to DAFC.net (my first in months) has shown that many of our fans somehow think that we DON'T have a soulless legoland type stadium. It's my own fault for going to that slavering cesspit, but what the f**k?!

For a good laugh, I strongly urge you to read this thread in the junior forum; http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/204721-back-to-the-dark-days/

It describes a massive rammy at a junior game yesterday that was kicked off when someone threw a bucket of shit at someone else. Seemingly someone was hit with a child's scooter in the head, bags of vomit were thrown, buckets were being chucked around, the boards used for the raffle were used as weapons and other amusing stuff. It's actually massively vile yet utterly hilarious. I was almost crying with laughter reading through it.

Edited by DA Baracus

The stadium is soulless, anyone who tries to describe any bloody stadium is having "soul" is having a right piss-take, it's bricks and bloody mortar. There shouldn't even be a discussion on this. Someone tell me a stadium which has this soul so I can have a right bloody laugh.

It's also perfectly good for atmosphere if the games wants it, see various fife/falkirk derby's over the years and various big games, are you going to have an atmosphere on a Saturday against Arbroath with the 100 away fans? No, but that's down to the fans and the occasion, not the stadium.

As a stadium East End Park is good, it's 4 sided, the main stand is something a bit different, the stadium as a whole just "fits", I wish it was a bit smaller but hey ho.

Soul :lol:

For a good laugh, I strongly urge you to read this thread in the junior forum; http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/204721-back-to-the-dark-days/

It describes a massive rammy at a junior game yesterday that was kicked off when someone threw a bucket of shit at someone else. Seemingly someone was hit with a child's scooter in the head, bags of vomit were thrown, buckets were being chucked around, the boards used for the raffle were used as weapons and other amusing stuff. It's actually massively vile yet utterly hilarious. I was almost crying with laughter reading through it.

Was reading this last night quite late, woke up this morning not quite sure if it was actually a dream. Unbelievable scenes.

The stadium is soulless, anyone who tries to describe any bloody stadium is having "soul" is having a right piss-take, it's bricks and bloody mortar. There shouldn't even be a discussion on this. Someone tell me a stadium which has this soul so I can have a right bloody laugh.

It's also perfectly good for atmosphere if the games wants it, see various fife/falkirk derby's over the years and various big games, are you going to have an atmosphere on a Saturday against Arbroath with the 100 away fans? No, but that's down to the fans and the occasion, not the stadium.

As a stadium East End Park is good, it's 4 sided, the main stand is something a bit different, the stadium as a whole just "fits", I wish it was a bit smaller but hey ho.

Soul :lol:

*sigh*

Romance is dead. Even in football :(

edit- Decided to have a look on .net and I see the site has had a makeover. I can't seem to find the "Stats" section which was excellent for information upto 06 or so. They rather surprsingly have a link to P&B. Also baffled to see that 50% of fans have voted that progress in the Ramsdens Cup "Matters a lot"!

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

*sigh*

Romance is dead. Even in football :(

edit- Decided to have a look on .net and I see the site has had a makeover. I can't seem to find the "Stats" section which was excellent for information upto 06 or so. They rather surprsingly have a link to P&B. Also baffled to see that 50% of fans have voted that progress in the Ramsdens Cup "Matters a lot"!

The new home page is an over cluttered mess. It was badly needing an upgrade but less is more. Pars database is good for results and attendances up to the start of 06.

quick question, is dunfermline 100% safe now or do you still have alot of debt to clear?also if you did somehow get relegated would that have a massive impact on the club stadium wise?

Well not 100 % safe, no club ever is. We will be in debt to some of the patrons who are stumping up the cash for ground, + the football debt to pay off + cva payments, on top of this Brian Jackson has warned about the problems businesses face in the 1st year post- admin mainly as you can't get credit agreements with anyone and cash up front makes business hard to do.

We will still suffer for this for several years despite what some say, it certainly isn't a case of all our problems disappearing.

That said pars united are aware of all this and we are not in any immediate danger.

Well not 100 % safe, no club ever is. We will be in debt to some of the patrons who are stumping up the cash for ground, + the football debt to pay off + cva payments, on top of this Brian Jackson has warned about the problems businesses face in the 1st year post- admin mainly as you can't get credit agreements with anyone and cash up front makes business hard to do.

We will still suffer for this for several years despite what some say, it certainly isn't a case of all our problems disappearing.

That said pars united are aware of all this and we are not in any immediate danger.

ahh i see cheers

A lot of folk seem to think that for some reason Jeffries has become some sort of club legend. I can't see why. Aye, he's done a decent job, but he was in charge of a team that got relegated. You can cry and moan about the reasons why, but quite simply we should have stayed up. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-Jeffries and as I said, I think he's doing a decent job and for the most part has conducted himself well throughout our problems (the pish he spouted on radio before the Alloa game a big exception). However he isn't even close to being a club legend in my view, and he can't even come close to holding a candle to the likes of Bert Paton.

I would hate to have seen or heard some interviews if McIntyre was in charge throughout the financial troubles. Jefferies has handled it very well.

Ignoring the points deduction, we finished fourteen points above the play off position. He wasn't getting paid and much of the squad were out of pocket simply by turning up to work. In that context I find it pretty hard to criticise him or the players for getting relegated.

Jefferies is a potential legend in my eyes, hasn't done anything to warrant being given the status yet but was the best person we could have had in charge throughout this whole saga.

Why though? There's really no way to know if that's true or not.

I would hate to have seen or heard some interviews if McIntyre was in charge throughout the financial troubles. Jefferies has handled it very well.

What's the relevance to bringing McIntyre into this? McIntyre was a quality Pars manager I thought, although no one can deny he had an utter shocker in the SPL. Jeffries has for the main handled himself very well throughout the financial troubles, save for the ill advised crap he spouted before the Alloa game.

Ignoring the points deduction, we finished fourteen points above the play off position. He wasn't getting paid and much of the squad were out of pocket simply by turning up to work. In that context I find it pretty hard to criticise him or the players for getting relegated.

I suppose you could cut the players slack given the difficulties they faced. I just thought we could have stayed up and found the performances away in the playoffs unacceptable.

I want to reiterate that I'm in no way anti-Jeffries and fully support the guy just now. He's doing a good job. But he quite simply isn't even close to being a legend and can't come anywhere in the remote vicinity of actual club legends like Bert Paton and Jim Leishman.

Why though? There's really no way to know if that's true or not.

Compare the behaviour of Jefferies to Ally McCoist who have had to work in similar circumstances. Jefferies has also been through similar at Hearts which would have helped him deal with things better.

Do you honestly think there is anyone who could have handled it better ?

Using some of our previous managers as examples:

Calderwood: As soon as the money ran out he bolted to Aberdeen

Hay: Whined about only being allowed to offer players £500 per week in his book while at EEP

Kenny: He was just generally a clueless and spineless buffoon.