Walking Down The Halbeath Road

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/126-year-old-dunfermline-medal-discovered-1-3037411

Read all about it - Man finds 126 year old Pars medal in a field.

Were Kirkcaldy Wanderers some early incarnation of the wee team? It may have been 126 years ago but it just brightened up my day to learn that we (albeit our second team) stuck nine goals past them.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/126-year-old-dunfermline-medal-discovered-1-3037411

Read all about it - Man finds 126 year old Pars medal in a field.

Were Kirkcaldy Wanderers some early incarnation of the wee team? It may have been 126 years ago but it just brightened up my day to learn that we (albeit our second team) stuck nine goals past them.

I'm afraid not.

The modern Raith Rovers were founded in 1883 in the Scottish town of Kirkcaldy, playing at Robbie's Park. Though there were other teams who incorporated the town name, such as Kirkcaldy Wanderers and Kirkcaldy United, Raith became the most successful of the local teams, winning five trophies in the 1890s.[1] There had been a much earlier (and unrelated) Raith Rovers which merged with what is now Cowdenbeath in 1882.

I'm afraid not. The modern Raith Rovers were founded in 1883 in the Scottish town of Kirkcaldy, playing at Robbie's Park. Though there were other teams who incorporated the town name, such as Kirkcaldy Wanderers and Kirkcaldy United, Raith became the most successful of the local teams, winning five trophies in the 1890s.[1] There had been a much earlier (and unrelated) Raith Rovers which merged with what is now Cowdenbeath in 1882.

So this mob must have been the very, very wee team?

http://www.theawayend.net/opinion/club-columnists/102-dunfermline/1843-dunfermline-despite-the-downs-its-good-to-be-a-par

My second column for The Away End about the Pars. Would love feedback from you guys (good or bad) or to let me know what you think I should write about next month.

Yeah, a good article. If possible it would be nice to read a bit more about the Pars United group as a whole in your next piece.

How are you boys getting on down here? Everything ok? We've got a wee buffet on the go up in the Championship forum - would you like me to bring you some sandwiches and a few sausage rolls?

Just bring us what you have and we'll square you up later.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Pie & Bovril mobile app

... or to let me know what you think I should write about next month.

Surely an "exclusive" about your night of passion with Hayden Panettiere would make a great story?!?!? :wub:

Maybe one of the tabloids would pick it up and run with the story? :thumsup2