Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Pars fans are no better than the **** im afraid. Only difference was that the hmrc didnt have enough clout in the scumfermline case compared to the ****.

If your quite happy to shaft all your creditors then who am i to argue.

Shadwell, your setting yourself up for a Meltdown mate.

The truth is that 75%+ of the people that matter (the creditors) are happy to be shafted so, indeed, who are you to argue.

The difference between DAFC and Rangers is this agreement, it effectively means the debt is settled. Rangers never got that and have carried on regardless as the same club. There is significant difference in the two scenarios.

Im happy obviously but I dont like the fact that some innocent people have lost lots of cash and probably jobs too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

If your quite happy to shaft all your creditors then who am i to argue. Funnily enough we paid all ours in full when we were struggling. 1 quid to 1 quid. To me that was the best thing to do instead of leaving some poor folk out of pocket. If thats ok with you guys then you can sleep easy at night.

Of course we're not happy about people losing money and it will take a good while to repair relationships but those were the only options available to us.

im glad the Pars arent out of business purely from a selfish point of view, however they are going to have to build some serious bridges with the local community and business after what went on. Just need to make sure its a lesson learned and not do a Dundee

Shadwell, your setting yourself up for a Meltdown mate.

The truth is that 75%+ of the people that matter (the creditors) are happy to be shafted so, indeed, who are you to argue.

The difference between DAFC and Rangers is this agreement, it effectively means the debt is settled. Rangers never got that and have carried on regardless as the same club. There is significant difference in the two scenarios.

But going with 0 p in the pound your no better than the **** surely. The only difference is that the hmrc had a controlling share at rangers and not here. As i said before my club paid all its debts in full. You arent paying any of them it would seen so theres only one team who can hold their head up high here. How can anyone celebrate that when you consider the cash some poor people have lost.

But going with 0 p in the pound your no better than the **** surely. The only difference is that the hmrc had a controlling share at rangers and not here. As i said before my club paid all its debts in full. You arent paying any of them it would seen so theres only one team who can hold their head up high here. How can anyone celebrate that when you consider the cash some poor people have lost.

Double Jack D's a Rovers fan.

Very relieved the CVA has been passed. I am slightly uneasy with the fact the creditors are losing major amounts of money and I sincerely hope they all know how grateful and appreciative we as Dunfermline supports, are for their backing and generosity. It's gonna take a long time to earn back the trust of the football clubs, their supporters, the local business community and so on. I'm extremely happy that they've given us a chance to rectify previous mistakes and I hope it can be a fresh start and a clean slate for everyone involved.

Major difference between the Pars, Hearts, Dundee compared to Sevco is how their fans went about solving the pressing issues at hand.

If Rangers fans (and the Rangers 'family') had rallied around trying to save (and buy the club) they would most likely would have succeeded due to the shear numbers they have in support. Obviously the "big tax case" played a part in this. Instead they decided it would be more productive to lash out at other sets of fans, pursue deadend legal action, go to war with the SFA and try to burn down Starks Park. They distracted themselves, allowing a whole new crop of dodgy business types to come in. They handled themselves with no dignity, no class just threats, bullying and boycotts which still continue.

I think we have been VERY lucky to get this outcome today and am delighted about it.

Major difference between the Pars, Hearts, Dundee compared to Sevco is how their fans went about solving the pressing issues at hand.

If Rangers fans (and the Rangers 'family') had rallied around trying to save (and buy the club) they would most likely would have succeeded due to the shear numbers they have in support. Obviously the "big tax case" played a part in this. Instead they decided it would be more productive to lash out at other sets of fans, pursue deadend legal action, go to war with the SFA and try to burn down Starks Park. They distracted themselves, allowing a whole new crop of dodgy business types to come in. They handled themselves with no dignity, no class just threats, bullying and boycotts which still continue.

I think we have been VERY lucky to get this outcome today and am delighted about it.

Exactly. It become such an 'us and them' mentality. It was like their concern wasn't about saving the club but simply about being parachuted into the top of the game and being made to feel important.

It's very good for Scottish Football today, hopefully East End Park somehow comes into Dunfermline's control and over the next five years or so the club rebuild to a decent level. We can't afford to freeze thousands of fans out of the game.

It is a bit of a joke though. What punishment have Dunfermline really had for years of financial cheating? One season in division two with presumably a full time team. Then go back to normal.

What would you like to see done ideally? It becomes pretty difficult in these situations to think of something that will seem reasonable in a few years time.

Automatic relegation to tier four after any insolvency events?

But pars fans have done hee haw for christs sake. A couple of decent crowds at the tail end of last season isnae enough. Their support for the people buying the club is only good enough to offer hee haw in the pound and their pre season crowds have been dire. When will Dumfermline actually back its team ?

It is a bit of a joke though. What punishment have Dunfermline really had for years of financial cheating? One season in division two with presumably a full time team. Then go back to normal.

Nonsense. While we've been lucky to hold onto the likes of Falkingham, Wallace and Husband, I still think we'll be in the third tier for more than just one season.

But pars fans have done hee haw for christs sake. A couple of decent crowds at the tail end of last season isnae enough. Their support for the people buying the club is only good enough to offer hee haw in the pound and their pre season crowds have been dire. When will Dumfermline actually back its team ?

Really ?

From normal fans

BUY THE PARS
Current Total
£ 114,500