Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The guy is an absolute fud and it is no co incidence he now can't get a job in Scottish football.

When a manager he used to make comments about "what a great lad someone was" when signing them. Personally as a fan I would rather a manager signed a player based on his ability, not his perception of his character. A player could be the quietest guy around but if he can do the business on the pitch thats all that should matter. Managers like Calderwood belong in the stone age.

He's had 4 jobs in Scottish football. Not a terrible record. Also from the article Calderwood does come across as a bit of a tit, but if he knew that the las was suffering he might have acted differently. We'll never know. Managers need to have a hard side I think. All the successful managers have been to known to lose their cool and have words with players every now and again.

Mind you so has Dick Campell.

Anyone going on Saturday vs Hearts? Hoping for a good crowd and just generally getting back to the football, tbh! :)

Hearts have sold just over 1,000 tickets so far so looking good on the away support side, let's just hope the Pars fans turn up in decent numbers to support these young lads, too!

COYP! :D

Home friendlies are dreadful. Utterly dire. Wish we had a decent away friendly. That I'd go to. I haven't to a home friendly since 2007 (I think; it was against Gretna and we lost 1-3) and I ripped my shorts and had to leave.

What the new Pars top will look like sans sponsor (nicked from PJ's Facebook page).

attachicon.gifnew pars top.jpg

I like it. For some reason I can't quote GordieBoy's post, but it would be quality if we could have an away top that was maroon and blue. I think it's too late now though.

I like it. For some reason I can't quote GordieBoy's post, but it would be quality if we could have an away top that was maroon and blue. I think it's too late now though.

Yeah it is, apparently this season's away top will be "Azzuri Blue" so probably the same as St.Johnstone/Queen of the South home.

Edited by GordieBoy80

Confirmed on the official site that we're in discussions with Dundee United to bring Ryan Ferguson in on loan.

Also have a goalkeeper and Kevin Buchan on trial. By the sounds of things, Buchan is likely to be involved in a couple of the upcoming games.

Maybe I'm deluded but starting to feel more positive about the season. Reading JJ saying the plan is to stay in the play-off hunt until Christmas then look to strengthen, and how we started last season maybe gives cause for optimism.

Last season must have been traumatic but with a strong preseason and guys actually getting paid then why shouldn't we be optimistic with guys like Wallace, Thomson, Smith, Hubby, Falky..

The pre-season strips with CHAS logo added.

post-20092-0-38869100-1373635672_thumb.j

EDIT to add: The creditors' meeting and decision will be on 30th July, sailing really close to the wind with that.

Edited by GordieBoy80

Even though it was a friendly match, i was a bit disappointed with our turnout considering the circumstances. By contrast, Hearts brought a terrific support with them, must have been just under 3500 so fair play to them.

In regards to the match, i thought we played poorly in the first half, yet improved in the second half and were unlucky not to get a draw.

Young is improving all the time and once Morris is fit, we have the makings of a good centre back partnership. Would have liked to have seen Martin start instead of Potter today and get a bit of serious game time as he's meant to be another promising defender.

Ferguson seems to be a positive and direct player, although it was hard to form a judgment on Buchan since he came on with twenty minutes to go.

Decent game.

To be honest I couldn't believe how low the pars attendance was. Hearts brought a great support but I'm at a loss as to why the pars fans didn't turn out in numbers to get £ into the club when it really needs it?

I've always enjoyed going to EEP with hearts and Dunfermline are a good club but need the support of its fans now more than ever.

I think a lot of Pars fans have already given a lot of time and money to help the club already to be honest. It was only bigged up a few days before the game that the gate would be shared and that they were looking for a big crowd. We are past the £80,000 mark towards the £100,000 they had targeted from the supporters so would be harsh to be critical of the fanbase, who by and large have been excellent in recent months.

Credit to Hearts, saw some of the pictures earlier and looking a smashing turnout from the Jambos. I'm sure you'll be fine when it's all said and done but beating the drop might just be a step too far. Certainly if our guys are almost nicking a point off you, things don't look good! ;)

Happy to hear we played quite well, hope the guys continue to keep moving forward and we can get this CVA sorted at the end of the month. I am encouraged by the potential of plenty of the players and think we could definitely get into the top four if we play to our best. Looking forward to the real action getting underway.