Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Anyone hear bought/renewed their season ticket? If so is buying it with a credit card the way too go in terms of protection if things go tits up. Been holding off but this June early bird deadline coming up soon.

No, it's not. We did have to rebuild the stadium to remove the terracing and replace it with seats.

If we didn't have to do this then neither did Rovers surely ?

But you didn't have the money so it shouldn't have been done. You could have spent some time in division 1 until you were better placed financially. On the point of Rovers, we had £800000 left in the bank when the rebuilding was finished. Admittedly that didn't last long with the jannie in charge.

But you didn't have the money so it shouldn't have been done. You could have spent some time in division 1 until you were better placed financially. On the point of Rovers, we had £800000 left in the bank when the rebuilding was finished. Admittedly that didn't last long with the jannie in charge.

We had to do it to comply with the rules of the league we were in !

Are you some kind of puddle drinker ?

Anyone hear bought/renewed their season ticket? If so is buying it with a credit card the way too go in terms of protection if things go tits up. Been holding off but this June early bird deadline coming up soon.

They say that the season ticket money has been ring-fenced just in case of liquidation. I'd take that with a pinch of salt were it the previous regime saying that but if the Administrator is saying it then I suppose you have to take his word for it.

We had to do it to comply with the rules of the league we were in !

Are you some kind of puddle drinker ?

But you weren't in that league on merit. As you well know, you cheated your way there. I'll say it again - that stadium shouldn't be there and your team should not have spent all those years in the SPL. A wiser man than Masterton would have said that you couldn't afford it and taken the consequences.

But you weren't in that league on merit. As you well know, you cheated your way there. I'll say it again - that stadium shouldn't be there and your team should not have spent all those years in the SPL. A wiser man than Masterton would have said that you couldn't afford it and taken the consequences.

Er .. yes we were. Bert Paton was given an absolute pittance to spend compared to managers after him and the board at that time even refused to sanction a £100,000 move for Hamilton's Peter Duffield and shut down the Paragon as a cost cutting measure. The real overspending only started with Calderwood's reign. What were we supposed to do in 1997 when we had to redevelop ? Tell the governing bodies that we can't afford it and relegate us ?

Seeing as you're clearly a bit touched in the head I'll give you a wee timeline

1994-95 - Pars and Rovers fighting for First Division title. Pars top scorer Stewart Petrie goes through a lean spell not scoring from January to the end of the season. Pars also have many players injured. Bert Paton asks for funds for Duffield, gets turned down. Asks for funds for Mo Johnston or Frank McAvennie, again denied. Asks for funds for Falkirk reserve striker Greg Shaw. Accepted. Shaw doesn't score a single goal in the run. Rovers win title, Pars lose play-off.

1995-96 - Pars sell Jackie McNamara to Celtic for the bargain price of £650,000. Bert Paton was allowed to spend exactly £0 of this. McNamara's replacement is Gerry Farrell signed from Possil YM. Paton's signings during this season were either from the lower divisions and/or youngsters or players out of favour at their current club. We win the title by 4 points from Dundee United who were throwing a lot more money around.

Where exactly here did we overspend ?

Edited by GordieBoy80

Er .. yes we were. Bert Paton was given an absolute pittance to spend compared to managers after him and the board at that time even refused to sanction a £100,000 move for Hamilton's Peter Duffield and shut down the Paragon as a cost cutting measure. The real overspending only started with Calderwood's reign. What were we supposed to do in 1997 when we had to redevelop ? Tell the governing bodies that we can't afford it and relegate us ? Seeing as you're clearly a bit touched in the head I'll give you a wee timeline 1994-95 - Pars and Rovers fighting for First Division title. Pars top scorer Stewart Petrie goes through a lean spell not scoring from January to the end of the season. Pars also have many players injured. Bert Paton asks for funds for Duffield, gets turned down. Asks for funds for Mo Johnston or Frank McAvennie, again denied. Asks for funds for Falkirk reserve striker Greg Shaw. Accepted. Shaw doesn't score a single goal in the run. Rovers win title, Pars lose play-off. 1995-96 - Pars sell Jackie McNamara to Celtic for the bargain price of £650,000. Bert Paton was allowed to spend exactly £0 of this. McNamara's replacement is Gerry Farrell signed from Possil YM. Paton's signings during this season were either from the lower divisions and/or youngsters or players out of favour at their current club. We win the title by 4 points from Dundee United who were throwing a lot more money around. Where exactly here did we overspend ?

Paton had a pittance to spend because of overspending in previous years. At the time the Pars were over £1 million in the red. But I give up with people like you. You can defend the indefensible all you like - it's something you're very good at.

It doesn't detract from the fact that the squad we had at the time was one we could afford and we won the First Division on merit in 1995-96 so your claim that we didn't deserve to be in the Premier is quite frankly bullshit. We couldn't afford Duffield but I've heard that the team he did go to after Hamilton was throwing 3-4K a week at him. Must have went to a team living well beyond their means.

Edited by GordieBoy80

It doesn't detract from the fact that the squad we had at the time was one we could afford and we won the First Division on merit in 1995-96 so your claim that we didn't deserve to be in the Premier is quite frankly bullshit. We couldn't afford Duffield but I've heard that the team he did go to after Hamilton was throwing 3-4K a week at him. Must have went to a team living well beyond their means.

I don't believe for a minute Airdrie were paying that a week. Given Andy Smith left the club at the same time partly due to being offered more money at Dunfermline, I doubt we went nuts on Peter Duffield.

I don't believe for a minute Airdrie were paying that a week. Given Andy Smith left the club at the same time partly due to being offered more money at Dunfermline, I doubt we went nuts on Peter Duffield.

My mistake, I thought he went to Rovers straight after Hamilton, I forgot he was at Airdrie

My mistake, I thought he went to Rovers straight after Hamilton, I forgot he was at Airdrie

Fair enough mate! Just would have been shocked that was all! That's a considerable amount for Raith Rovers to pay but the transfer fees they were paying out for absolute sh1te from us (Paul bonnar, Duffield, Harvey) were considerable too.... And money down the drain!

Fair enough mate! Just would have been shocked that was all! That's a considerable amount for Raith Rovers to pay but the transfer fees they were paying out for absolute sh1te from us (Paul bonnar, Duffield, Harvey) were considerable too.... And money down the drain!

Bonnar went to Aberdeen first did he not?

Paton had a pittance to spend because of overspending in previous years. At the time the Pars were over £1 million in the red. But I give up with people like you. You can defend the indefensible all you like - it's something you're very good at.

Get it right. We were about £2.5M in the red by the time we went up under Bertie.

The greatest wee team achievement was not a Bavarian halftime scoreboard; it was hoodwinking lazy Bolton scouts in to thinking that the good right-back in Fife was your one.

Well played - selling shite to Lancashire is like selling premature death to Clackmannanshire.

The real reason though that banks were willing to give such large sums of money was simply that they knew DAFC are the biggest team in Fife.

As shown by us being willing to spend £150K to resign a youth team player that we sent to you as a feeder team and give the kudos to earn the Scotland caps that he would never have earned in gullshite linoland

I love it when the wee team snipe: it's like gummy wingless midges chewing on a oil rig.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/div-2-2.194/stadium-deadline-adds-new-pressure-on-bid-to-save-pars-1.101611

Courier seems to have developed a taste for sensationalist headlines. The meaty part is that the East End Park administrator is talking to the DAFC administrator with a view to getting a quick deal done to secure the club and ground as a package.

The real reason though that banks were willing to give such large sums of money was simply that they knew DAFC are the biggest team in Fife.

I won't get into your big/wee team semantics with this.

But wasn't it one bank that shared an employee/director commonality with DAFC? Or was that later financial arrangements?