Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Is £500k the figure required to buy the club? Also what do you get for the £500k?

200 Bridies and a signed photo of Big Leish in his Leopard print thong.

Edited to add; The funniest answer to this question may win a Coconut from The Links Market or a left over Christmas tree while stocks last ;)

Edited by Only coo in the village

The £500k is to buy out the Club from the Administrator which would pay the CVA, assuming one is agreed.

In terms of what you get - it'll be the (hopeful) beginning of a new era for DAFC when a community owned, fan run, Club arises. So, technically, what we are getting for our £500k is a chance to save the Club we love and try rebuild it's tarnished reputation (rightly so, btw). For a community oe

wned Club, we'd need support from the whole area, which includes local businesses and shops which have probably lost a lot of money, sadly! :( it'll, understandably, take a long time for a lot of trust and respect to return for DAFC, so it won't be easy and a "quick-fix". As for the fans run, it's as it says on the tin. Again, for this to work, we need to reggain the trust and respect of our own supporters which've been neglected under Masterton; we need to make EEP an enjoyable place to come to on a Saturday afternoon, we need to get into a position where the fans are the most pivotal part of the Club and that we never get into this embarrassing shambles of a situation again. It's going to be a long road to recovery, but we're up for the fight. Yeah, we'll get called "cheaters" etc for years, decades, centuaries to come....but we recognise we've cheated and most genuine Pars fans are ashamed and quite rightly upset and hurt with how their Club has been run and treated other Clubs, fans, sponsors, local businesses etc. My hope is in years to come I have a team, a team I can be proud of (whatever level and standard) and a team who can be thought of in a good way because they treat others with the respect they deserve.

On a personal note, I'm sorry to all creditors, football and non football related. My hope, in a few years time once DAFC are (hopefully) a stable and viable business, outstanding monies can be repaid, or compromises found, such as free/cheaper advertising, for example.

So, how much have the "Pars Patrons" commited to the "Save Pars" fund so far? Yes they might have fronted money for the Admin's but that cash could have been put toward the £500K required to buy them from the liquidator, if it would have cost that much.

With "Pars Supporters" current fundraising paying the Bills & Wages to get them to the seasons end, I don't hold out much hope of raising an additional £100k from them. When in effect the cash already raised has just been poured down a drain.

The well they're trying to draw from is more like a puddle.

The £500k is to buy out the Club from the Administrator which would pay the CVA, assuming one is agreed.

In terms of what you get - it'll be the (hopeful) beginning of a new era for DAFC when a community owned, fan run, Club arises. So, technically, what we are getting for our £500k is a chance to save the Club we love and try rebuild it's tarnished reputation (rightly so, btw). For a community oe

wned Club, we'd need support from the whole area, which includes local businesses and shops which have probably lost a lot of money, sadly! :( it'll, understandably, take a long time for a lot of trust and respect to return for DAFC, so it won't be easy and a "quick-fix". As for the fans run, it's as it says on the tin. Again, for this to work, we need to reggain the trust and respect of our own supporters which've been neglected under Masterton; we need to make EEP an enjoyable place to come to on a Saturday afternoon, we need to get into a position where the fans are the most pivotal part of the Club and that we never get into this embarrassing shambles of a situation again. It's going to be a long road to recovery, but we're up for the fight. Yeah, we'll get called "cheaters" etc for years, decades, centuaries to come....but we recognise we've cheated and most genuine Pars fans are ashamed and quite rightly upset and hurt with how their Club has been run and treated other Clubs, fans, sponsors, local businesses etc. My hope is in years to come I have a team, a team I can be proud of (whatever level and standard) and a team who can be thought of in a good way because they treat others with the respect they deserve.

On a personal note, I'm sorry to all creditors, football and non football related. My hope, in a few years time once DAFC are (hopefully) a stable and viable business, outstanding monies can be repaid, or compromises found, such as free/cheaper advertising, for example.

I sincerely hope that the Pars survive but cannot help feeling that all the impressive fund raising by ordinary fans could prove to be in vain as the full story has yet to be revealed.

The big-money men have yet to make a move and are sitting in the background waiting for events to unfold.

God forbid that Pars find themselves in the same situation as Cowden, where the team is run solely by fans who have to accept any decision made by the owners. Cowden pay a rent to play at Central Park and a similar situation could arise at EEP, currently owned by Gavin Masterton. It would be a tragedy if he was to benefit in any shape or form from the current plight of DAFC.

I sincerely hope that the Pars survive but cannot help feeling that all the impressive fund raising by ordinary fans could prove to be in vain as the full story has yet to be revealed. The big-money men have yet to make a move and are sitting in the background waiting for events to unfold. God forbid that Pars find themselves in the same situation as Cowden, where the team is run solely by fans who have to accept any decision made by the owners. Cowden pay a rent to play at Central Park and a similar situation could arise at EEP, currently owned by Gavin Masterton. It would be a tragedy if he was to benefit in any shape or form from the current plight of DAFC.

The EEP issue is going to be problematic, but the suggestions seem to be it maybe taken out of mastertons hands by the bank, but this is unlikely to happen until we're out of admin at least so in all probability we will be renting EEP from him, on top of that he is likely to get a decent sum from a cva, hopefully that's taken straight off him by the various creditors of his other companies, the empire is falling. A decent man would wave that payment but . . .In terms of the money men not making a move, I don't think that's truly the case, there is a decent sized group of pars fans with large sums behind them, most are involved heavily in pars united. Unless your talking about people coming in from outside but who wants to get involved at this level as a vanity project.However if the money is lost, hopefully nobody has put sums in they aren't personally comfortable with losing. At least we would have tried I couldn't bare it if the pars community sat by and watched dafc slip away, thankfully the opposite has happened, and the club is beginning to feel that it's here for Dunfermline, for the fans, not for 1 family, we won't go down without a fight. Edited by parsforlife

Would it be cheaper for us to manufacture our own kits a la Dumbarton, East Fife rather than having a contract with Joma? Another possible saver if it is indeed a cheaper option.

Am I in the minority in that I don't want us to become wholly fan-owned? I understand the importance of having a significant portion of the club under fan ownership, but I think it would be risky not to have a few wealthy benefactors to fall back on, if needed.

Would it be cheaper for us to manufacture our own kits a la Dumbarton, East Fife rather than having a contract with Joma? Another possible saver if it is indeed a cheaper option.

the quality of the kits this season from joma has been gash, if we are due them any money don't pay them, they should be paying us.

Am I in the minority in that I don't want us to become wholly fan-owned? I understand the importance of having a significant portion of the club under fan ownership, but I think it would be risky not to have a few wealthy benefactors to fall back on, if needed.

If this stunt is pulled off, you won't be "wholly fan-owned". Joe Punter would only control 25% of the club, whilst the "Pars Patrons" would have a controlling 75%.

The "fan owned" thing is put about as if to say GM was some sort of Russian Oligarch, or Middle East investor.

So, Admin fee apart, how much have the "Patrons" put into the "Save Pars" campaign, or are they witholding their cash until the 'time is right'?

Edited by kiddy

If this stunt is pulled off, you won't be "wholly fan-owned". Joe Punter would only control 25% of the club, whilst the "Pars Patrons" would have a controlling 75%. The "fan owned" thing is put about as if to say GM was some sort of Russian Oligarch, or Middle East investor. So, Admin fee apart, how much have the "Patrons" put into the "Save Pars" campaign, or are they witholding their cash until the 'time is right'?

I'm not sure if that's fully true, there is a suggestion that although the patrons are putting in more cash, the share holding will be close to 50:50 buy that may not be the case, though it may be the intension in time. In terms of cash the patrons (or pottentially patrons) have put in already nobody really knows fully, but they have underwritten admin costs, they have donated significant sums(maybe not comparable to there income admittedly) to the save the pars campaign, and finally the sums payed over the last few years tops 1m that masterton has blown. Also you suggest that gm was a fan, there is enough reason for that to be very doubtful.