Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Dunfermline stopping paying medical insurance for the players is a concerning situation. Is there no SFA or SFL rule against this?

If there was do you really think Gavin Masteron would care? Andy Kirk said that the players chipped in to pay the rent of the lady that cleans the changing rooms recently. The club is just in a shameful state and I'm sure there are plenty more horror stories to emerge.

Edit - p.s. - well done Championees!

Edited by Shandon Par

Dunfermline stopping paying medical insurance for the players is a concerning situation. Is there no SFA or SFL rule against this?

All players registered with the SFL are insured through a compulsory SFL scheme paid directly by the SFL. As long as Dunfermline are in the SFL the players will be insured.

If they've stopped paying something it's probably a private BUPA scheme for players treatment on top of this which is a benefit they may have offered but it's not remotely compulsory and very few SFL clubs will have it because frankly the costs are prohibitive.

This question comes up every time a club goes into admin.

All players registered with the SFL are insured through a compulsory SFL scheme paid directly by the SFL. As long as Dunfermline are in the SFL the players will be insured.

If they've stopped paying something it's probably a private BUPA scheme for players treatment on top of this which is a benefit they may have offered but it's not remotely compulsory and very few SFL clubs will have it because frankly the costs are prohibitive.

This question comes up every time a club goes into admin.

Do the players Union not pay for this kind of stuff too. I was under th impression jakeys like Gazza get as much rehab as they want...

If there was do you really think Gavin Masteron would care? Andy Kirk said that the players chipped in to pay the rent of the lady that cleans the changing rooms recently. The club is just in a shameful state and I'm sure there are plenty more horror stories to emerge.

Edit - p.s. - well done Championees!

Thanks for that. And thanks to Skyline for the other reply. Good luck to the Pars. I expect you'll come through this one way or another.

Probably just stopped sending the odd player along to see Pip Yeates at £21 quid a session. (Aye - Pip o' the Bears)

That's me in trouble.

Might that be why DAFC PLC was registered at companies house a month or so ago?

No, that would have been set up for the share option - remember that? Seems a long time ago now.

The company was set up with £50k of capital - makes one wonder where that money came from...

Makes you wonder what Masterton was going to do with the share money? Another visit to Switzerland? Is that where he took the season ticket money and early parachute payment from the SPL?

Trying to auction off a 2009/10 Pars top signed by Martin Hardie, Steven Bell and Nick Phinn as well as a empty champagne bottle signed by a Pars team circa 1980 on the Pars Alive forum http://www.parsalive.org.uk/Forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=999

The press conference will announce precisely nowt. The game of poker between the likely white night and masterton continues.

The jostling and haggling will go on for a while yet so that the deal can be secured on the most agreeable terms for said white night and his group of companies.

Nothing to see or hear but more hot air from some of the encumbants who got you in this state but are now trying to save their shiny reputations.

There will be nothing new.

Just incase it comes up. dil·i·gence1 /ˈdɪlthinsp.pngɪthinsp.pngdʒəns/ Show Spelled [dil-i-juhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngns] Show IPA
noun
constant and earnest effort to accomplish what is undertaken; persistent exertion of body or mind.
Law. the degree of care and caution required by the circumstances of a person.
Obsolete . care; caution.
Origin:
1300–50; Middle English deligence (< Anglo-French ) < Latin dīligentia, equivalent to dīligent- (stem of dīligēns ) diligent + -ia; see -ence

The post below just appeared on wearethistle.co.uk. I trust it is legit?

==============

Dear fellow fan

Dunfermline Athletic Football Club is at a crucial time in it's history. Having entered Interim Administration, the club is on its knees, and needs the backing from its fans to stay alive. However, this will not be enough, and the club has been forced to appeal to the wider community for help. As fellow football fans, hopefully you will appreciate the severity of the situation, and i have no doubt that if your club was in financial peril then many pars fans would be happy to help. I am writing this to ask for help. Financial help, be it a donation or attendance at one of our final 3 home games of the season. I fear that if we do not get enough help then the club may die, and the town will lose a massive part of its identity. If you do not live locally, or are unable to attend, you can donate via the pars website. The link is below

http://www.dafc.co.u...2207955_3126143

Alternativley, the bank details for the Pars Supporters Trust are as follows

Bank of Scotland

IBAN No (if donating from abroad) : GB81BOFS80065500662309

Account No : 00662309

Sort Code : 80-06-55

Thank you, and if you would like any further information or have any queries, you can e-mail me at kyle0505@live.co.uk

=============

Good luck to the Pars with their survival fight.