Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If I was being paranoid, that bit from Masterton doesn't sound like a man who's planning on leaving the club anytime soon.

Exactly my thoughts, tbh, moreso when he talks about rapidly turning to normality. Perhaps it's just a case of 'keep calm' talk, though.

Btw, has his family really "invested several millions"? Opposed to creating debt?

Generally speaking, you come across as quite an angry individual. This made me giggle though, have some greenery.

:huh:

A little work on your interpretation skills is possibly required... ;) ?

Certainly angry at the way corporate governance, or the lack of it, has been allowed to run amok in our game - yes......but "generally" ? Naaaaahhhhh !

:huh:

A little work on your interpretation skills is possibly required... ;) ?

Certainly angry at the way corporate governance, or the lack of it, has been allowed to run amok in our game - yes......but "generally" ? Naaaaahhhhh !

the only topic i've ever noticed you posting about!

Looks like the team that plays Livie on Saturday will be totally different from the one that we play tonight . Fortunately we're playing fro nowt this season and they've still got both mrton and partick to play or it could've been even more of a shambles than Dunfermline have made it already.

Reading on various threads it would appear that DAFC football team is a different company to East End Park itself.

This implies that the facilities company is solvent - paying bills, HMRC - and that it is the football company that is being sacrificed.

This is why Masteron will still have his fingers in various pies.

Cannot see him selling EEP for peanuts. He'll make money from matchday food and booze, other events at EEP (weddings, training etc) and will probably rent the facilities to the team for the next millennium.

Edited by Catch22

This is a situation built up over a considerable period of time where large operating loses and debts have been run up, various local businesses have been left out of pocket and several SFL clubs, the SFA, players & staff have not been paid monies due.

All the while Dunfermline have continued to sign players that they clearly could not afford to have which in turn has allowed them relative success on the park, at times, to the determent of other clubs living within their means in the SFL, SPL and cup competitions.

The above should be taken into serious consideration and the punishment should fit the crime. I, for one, would not like to see the Pars liquidated but they should be severely punished. I would like to see a heavty points deduction to effectively relegate them followed by a 12-month transfer embargo similar to that seen at Hearts or Rangers.

Otherwise, what lessons have been learnt here? That it's OK to be run recklessly because the only real punishment is a CVA, some redundancies and a small point deduction that has no bearing on status for the following season?

Otherwise, what lessons have been learnt here? That it's OK to be run recklessly because the only real punishment is a CVA, some redundancies and a small point deduction that has no bearing on status for the following season?

Lessons are never learned and corporate governance is never implemented. From Motherwell through to Rangers and now Dunfermline the same hand wringing goes on. The club is left to get on with making the best of the situation, people get shafted, there is a random points deduction which the football authorities see as them doing their bit. Actually history tells us that the football authorities are incredibly lax about punishing the advantage gained by poorly run clubs. Motherwell, Dundee, Livingston have all struggled with a very temporary blip and within a reasonably short space of time are back at the level they were before. Same will apply to Rangers.

The authorities never - never ever - intervene up front. They never risk the wrath of the supporters and club officials who spin a pile of shite that everything is alright. If they'd intervened in Rangers at any stage - whether when White was buying the club or when it was evident he was making a royal cvnt of running it - they'd have got their head and hands to play with. He destroyed the old Rangers and even now their fans are after every other cvnt in Scottish football because it was their fault in some way.

When this happens the only thing that will enable other clubs to learn lessons is if someone is finally expelled from the league. Anything else - points deduction, relegation or whatever - is just fannying about until the next shower of corporate wankers come along with a sob story. Expelling teams would focus a lot of minds and ensure that businessmen knew there was a real consequence to fucking about. It might also make supporters ask a few more questions and attend their AGMs where it is possible to do so.

Lessons are never learned and corporate governance is never implemented. From Motherwell through to Rangers and now Dunfermline the same hand wringing goes on. The club is left to get on with making the best of the situation, people get shafted, there is a random points deduction which the football authorities see as them doing their bit. Actually history tells us that the football authorities are incredibly lax about punishing the advantage gained by poorly run clubs. Motherwell, Dundee, Livingston have all struggled with a very temporary blip and within a reasonably short space of time are back at the level they were before. Same will apply to Rangers.

The authorities never - never ever - intervene up front. They never risk the wrath of the supporters and club officials who spin a pile of shite that everything is alright. If they'd intervened in Rangers at any stage - whether when White was buying the club or when it was evident he was making a royal cvnt of running it - they'd have got their head and hands to play with. He destroyed the old Rangers and even now their fans are after every other cvnt in Scottish football because it was their fault in some way.

When this happens the only thing that will enable other clubs to learn lessons is if someone is finally expelled from the league. Anything else - points deduction, relegation or whatever - is just fannying about until the next shower of corporate wankers come along with a sob story. Expelling teams would focus a lot of minds and ensure that businessmen knew there was a real consequence to fucking about. It might also make supporters ask a few more questions and attend their AGMs where it is possible to do so.

Greenie owed....

Your application to the SFA's Governance Monitoring Committee (Oh wait... there isn't one)....

Quality post from HTG, a really robust, and if necessary brutal, governance committee is needed in the professional game to ensure proper governance of our football clubs. Time the rule benders and serial adminitrationers were thrown out, after fair warning. We need clear and transparent proceedures on what happens in cases like this, not just the SFL making it up as they go along (after Longmuir has consulted with three influential chairmen and made his mind up before the meeting starts what will happen anyway).

The way that Scottish football is 'governed' is a complete joke. Yet again the SFL- i.e. thirty blazers- will sit and wring their hands and do absolutely nothing about this. It's happening far too often to be credible. In a few years time I predict all but about six to eight football clubs in Scotland will be part time. A large part of that will be down to business demanding payment up front from football clubs for services, and banks refusing to lend, having seen football club after football club jockeying business legislation in order to avoid the consequences of their recklessness at everyone else's expense. One administration too many- one set of local companies being fucked over again- yet another self obsessed group of polyester clad middle aged men whining its no oor fault ah just want a team tae support having happy clapped the results of the financial recklessness- one more big cheque for the likes of Jackson / McGruther- it's no longer sustainable.

This problem of serial administration needs to be tackled robustly and yet again the SFA / SFL will sit on its hands and do hee haw about it.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Expelling teams would focus a lot of minds and ensure that businessmen knew there was a real consequence to fucking about.

Fair enough if these rules are set in place for the future but a kangaroo court making an example of us and throwing us out of the league might give you some kind of satisfaction but would it help anyone in the current predicament at East End? Would it help contractors or staff get paid?

We need clear and transparent proceedures on what happens in cases like this, not just the SFL making it up as they go along (after Longmuir has consulted with three influential chairmen and made his mind up before the meeting starts what will happen anyway).

Very true - how long have we been seeing administrations now? 10 years? Still it's all tackled on an ad-hoc basis. Our administrator has to do a job not knowing what kind of punishment DAFC will be facing. "Boo-hoo" you may say but he has to try and get the club on some sort of even keel yet has to guess what sort of points and or financial penalty he has to tackle.

Quality post from HTG, a really robust, and if necessary brutal, governance committee is needed in the professional game to ensure proper governance of our football clubs. Time the rule benders and serial adminitrationers were thrown out, after fair warning. We need clear and transparent proceedures on what happens in cases like this, not just the SFL making it up as they go along (after Longmuir has consulted with three influential chairmen and made his mind up before the meeting starts what will happen anyway).

The way that Scottish football is 'governed' is a complete joke. Yet again the SFL- i.e. thirty blazers- will sit and wring their hands and do absolutely nothing about this. It's happening far too often to be credible. In a few years time I predict all but about six to eight football clubs in Scotland will be part time. A large part of that will be down to business demanding payment up front from football clubs for services, and banks refusing to lend, having seen football club after football club jockeying business legislation in order to avoid the consequences of their recklessness at everyone else's expense. One administration too many- one set of local companies being fucked over again- yet another self obsessed group of polyester clad middle aged men whining its no oor fault ah just want a team tae support having happy clapped the results of the financial recklessness- one more big cheque for the likes of Jackson / McGruther- it's no longer sustainable.

This problem of serial administration needs to be tackled robustly and yet again the SFA / SFL will sit on its hands and do hee haw about it.

I can't stress how much I agree with this and with HTG's post. It is utterly soul destroying trying to watch Rovers make ends meet while other clubs go out and spend ridiculous amounts of money trying to sustain an SPL dream, getting themselves into trouble, only to go into Admin and reach a CVA. Meanwhile, Rovers go season on season with a dwindling fanbase trying to cut their budgets while struggling to compete with other teams. I'm not going to make any bold statements on what will happen, but I'd be exceptionally disheartened if the Pars managed to get a CVA and then pulled off a 'Dundee'. Scottish football in the whole needs a massive review, not some report by a politician. Even after Rangers went bust, we've yet to see so much to the change promised. The SPL have kept their ridiculous voting structure, the clubs still try to trot out same excuses for a smaller top tier, and we still have the same cretins in charge. There is absolutely no accountability in our game whatsoever.

yep, the number of times I've had to listen to calls for 'bottom feeders' with 'no ambition' thrown out the senior game, (i.e. Montrose) by 'fans' of clubs spending an absolute fortune beyond their means over the years, is galling. The reason we've struggled so much in the last decade is er, we have no money, and try to live within our means.

Then the same gummy nosed buffoons turn up on the point of tears on STV, bubbling aw ah want's a team tae support. F**k off. Do the maths. Don't expect everyone else to foot the bill for your catastrophic overspend (which you happy-clapped all the way).

I used to have massive sympathy for clubs in this plight and I re-iterate that I want Dunfermline to get through this. But the self-pitying tears, and dodgy double-glazing-tycoon business gymnastics, are wearing very, very thin, and the business infrastructure needed to support the professional game will suffer as a result, in the short, medium and long term.

Of course the people that could intervene meaningfully and effect change- the game's governing bodies- won't.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

I'll be pretty pissed off if the end result is Dunfermline still in Div 1 next season with no debt, a clean slate and a healthy squad.

Odds on that's what will happen though.

Yup.

That's certainly what the Dundee precedent shows. I think that's much the most likely scenario.

I'll be pretty pissed off if the end result is Dunfermline still in Div 1 next season with no debt, a clean slate and a healthy squad.

Odds on that's what will happen though.

Bryan Jackson said there will be "brutal redundancies." He's already told us that (key) players will be released. We'll be lucky to have players like Wallace, Barrowman, Cardle, Kirk, Jordan etc by Saturday when we play at Livingston.

I really can't see us in the SFL1 next season, a points deduction will put us down a few places, and then we'll struggle for points with a really weakened team. I reckon we're looking at relegation, unless we are liquidated before the end of the season.

Bryan Jackson said there will be "brutal redundancies." He's already told us that (key) players will be released. We'll be lucky to have players like Wallace, Barrowman, Cardle, Kirk, Jordan etc by Saturday when we play at Livingston.

I really can't see us in the SFL1 next season, a points deduction will put us down a few places, and then we'll struggle for points with a really weakened team. I reckon we're looking at relegation, unless we are liquidated before the end of the season.

I think The Rangers version of financial meltdown has maybe glossed over how brutal it's going to be at East End Park. 4pm is apparently the time the adminstrator will meet the staff.