Walking Down The Halbeath Road

You know, once you've piped crowd noise into your glass house...

Did we not have cardboard cut out fans in the railway stand one season?

I think folk sponsored them to raise money. They made more noise than the South Stand.

Hbos have caused the death of rangers, Gretna and the pars and sent Motherwell, Dundee, Livingston into admin by wreckless lending and forcing them to build stadiums they didn't need to suit steel companies.

Hearts, Kilmarnock and others are on the brink yet nobody asks the question.

I certainly hope the Pars survive. Don't like to see any club go out of business.

Killie fans especially should be asking awkward questions of their Directors - what are they doing to reduce their debt? .

David murray owned offfshore account which ended up owning 75% of gavs 94% in dafc. 2 clubs at the same time, sir david indeed!! He even appointed calderwood according to tangoman on off the ball

Tbf, East Fife-style, are we sure Charlotte18 isn't his school-age niece?

Surely the SFL will just allow The Dunfermline Athletic to join the 3rd Division if the club goes bust?

Or you could always just buy East Stirling and change their name to Dunfermline United?

Its not as if that pathetic organisation hasnt allowed these things to happen before is it.

That's rich or should I say ironic coming from a Clydebank person since you lot tried to do just that. You lot seem to have a thing about east Stirling . If I remember correctly it was the courts who stopped you not the sfa, they were happy to let it happen. ES Clydebank!!!! Thing is East Stirling weren't in administration or about to go bust. But that didn't stop the bankies from trying. Edited by Nipper

That's rich or should I say ironic coming from a Clydebank person since you lot tried to do just that. You lot seem to have a thing about east Stirling . If I remember correctly it was the courts who stopped you not the sfa, they were happy to let it happen. ES Clydebank!!!! Thing is East Stirling weren't in administration or about to go bust. But that didn't stop the bankies from trying.

And all done by the Steedmans (not you lot) who owned the Shire at the time.

The fact still remains that Dunfermline can survive in any number of ways as the SFL are a joke.

Hope that The Pars can somehow survive this. I know quite a few Dunfermline supporters and they are all good people. I went along to the Scotland game with a Dunfermline supporting friend and you couldn't meet a more decent guy.

Rivalry is one thing but we all love our teams and that is our common bond. Our recent win against Dunfermline was the highlight of my season after a bad run of gubbings by them. I was at the game years ago when our win against them helped prevent their promotion and I danced along with the few hundred Cowden fans as if we had won the title ourselves as it felt so good to get one up on them after a shockingly bad season for us.

It is however hard to imagine not having a Dunfermline team around and if East End Park is demolished then I will honestly feel sad when I drive past day to day. It is a ground which is right in the heart of the town and losing it would be a massive blow to the town in all sorts of ways. It would also be bad for Fife as a whole and the Rovers fans would have to find another team to love to hate.

Can't imagine how the Pars fans must feel but an air of resignation seems to have set in which is sad.

Surely the SFL will just allow The Dunfermline Athletic to join the 3rd Division if the club goes bust?

Or you could always just buy East Stirling and change their name to Dunfermline United?

Its not as if that pathetic organisation hasnt allowed these things to happen before is it.

Aye, so much for the governing bodies safeguarding Scottish football. Not a feckin word from the SFL chief about this situation, it's not been kept quiet, the club have been leading the fans a merry dance with frequent begging bowl requests & it's been dragging on for months! What has Longmuir been doing? Imagining future games with his precious wee colt teams like a wee boy with his Subbuteo set. Wtf does he get paid for? As far as I can see he has completely neglected his duties, AGAIN, & doesn't even pretend to care. He is killing Scottish football with his incompetence, he hasn't a clue about any problems the member clubs (except for his own team Airdrie obviously) have been, or could be facing. It is totally unacceptable. If I was a Pars fan I'd be at Hampden the morn demanding to know what the hell he is playing at. Too many clubs have went through this in the last few years & he has turned a blind eye every time. It's long past time to get him out of that job, I cannot think of anything positive he has done for the sfl clubs, not one tiny thing & I'm sickened by it, I don't think we should just sit quietly & accept this anymore as we can't afford to let chancers kill any more clubs or there will be no Scottish football in the future. I'd drag him out that quick that I wouldn't let his feet touch the ground.

Get him out!