Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Some conspiracy theorists reckon the Herald writer is being influenced in some way by TPC...

Its worrying that some of your fans genuinely can't accept how much of a struggle the Pars are in.

The biggest issue is how sheltered the likes of DAFC.net has kept a lot of the fans by it's over zealous censorship and it's only now that those people are seeing the true extent of our problems but because everything was hidden away they still refuse to believe that we're fucked and next season everything will be fine and we'll be challenging for promotion to the SPL. If people had their eyes opened earlier the fight to keep our club alive would have started a lot earlier. The only reason the protests happened at the Thistle was because of the Pars Alive forum. If that idea had been mooted on DAFC.net the thread would have very quickly disappeared.

The biggest issue is how sheltered the likes of DAFC.net has kept a lot of the fans by it's over zealous censorship and it's only now that those people are seeing the true extent of our problems but because everything was hidden away they still refuse to believe that we're fucked and next season everything will be fine and we'll be challenging for promotion to the SPL. If people had their eyes opened earlier the fight to keep our club alive would have started a lot earlier. The only reason the protests happened at the Thistle was because of the Pars Alive forum. If that idea had been mooted on DAFC.net the thread would have very quickly disappeared.

I've always said one thing which has been strange is the lack of a figurehead in this situation. Even Leishman seems to have come across as a dividing person.

Also, is today not the day where the players hear what is expected to happen or is that next Friday? Scary stuff ahead for the Pars. There appears to be a real apathy that nothing can be done from the fans point of view.

I've always said one thing which has been strange is the lack of a figurehead in this situation. Even Leishman seems to have come across as a dividing person.

Also, is today not the day where the players hear what is expected to happen or is that next Friday? Scary stuff ahead for the Pars. There appears to be a real apathy that nothing can be done from the fans point of view.

I've absolutely no doubt Leishman has the best interests of the club at heart but he's wildly out of his depth here and he was, in my opinion, blinded by the possible headlines of "Leishman saves the Pars again" to admit that he's out of his depth. The Steering Group was also put together by Yorkston so are not independent of the club and the accountants doing the due diligence for these new investors (if they actually exist) were chosen by the club and/or steering group so there's no doubt in my mind they will not be going through the books with a fine toothcomb like they should be. I think it was today that the players were being told.

Edited by GordieBoy80

Players and staff are meant to be given an update today, think they'll be some form of update on the official site some point today/tomorrow after they've been told(unless our shy chairman is forced into talking by those nasty journalists and the staff find out in the papers) but I think leishman said on talksport that he hopes to update on Sunday maybe wrong tho.

I've absolutely no doubt Leishman has the best interests of the club at heart but he's wildly out of his depth here and he was, in my opinion, blinded by the possible headlines of "Leishman saves the Pars again" to admit that he's out of his depth. The Steering Group was also put together by Yorkston so are not independent of the club and the accountants doing the due diligence for these new investors (if they actually exist) were chosen by the club and/or steering group so there's no doubt in my mind they will not be going through the books with a fine toothcomb like they should be. I think it was today that the players were being told.

Who knows what is going on? To me, it looks like Purvis is the new investor. Two of the three guys on the steering group are his lieutenants and it seems like the TPC has been used as a cover to batter down a deal with Masterton, when in reality they're getting as good a deal as possible for their boss. They know the books inside out (Stephen Taylor said he knew the books better than Masterton) so 'due dilligence' is possibly no more than brinkmanship to take Masterton to the very edge. Purvis could then take control but offer 50% out to fans/other investors.

Would this open up the option of administration? Investing would be easier if pesky things like staff wages and contractor bills could be swept away and it could all be blamed on Masterton.

I'd hate to see any staff, players or contractors out of pocket but the debts are so crippling that surely any investor would find it far cheaper to pick up the remnants of a broken club than pick up the tab of £134K to HMRC, £450K to former directors, £450 trade debts, £??? unpaid wages...

Purvis and his group are already pretty much in with the bricks at East End already and remember that Bob Purvis was going to step in when our old chief exec left back in October and he only stepped back when he found out the true state of the books. The money he could have put in then may have got him a small stake and little say, whereas that same figure could now give him control of the club.

This might be utter balls but I really can't see anyone other than him being in charge if we are to avoid vanishing completely.
Feel free to come back and take the piss when the local butcher, baker and candlestick maker take control of the club!

Feel free to come back and take the piss when the local butcher, baker and candlestick maker take control of the club!

I wouldn't mind if the club was owned by Johnstons, Stephens and Pink String and Sealing Wax tbh

Who knows what is going on? To me, it looks like Purvis is the new investor. Two of the three guys on the steering group are his lieutena

nts and it seems like the TPC has been used as a cover to batter down a deal with Masterton, when in reality they're getting as good a deal as possible for their boss. They know the books inside out (Stephen Taylor said he knew the books better than Masterton) so 'due dilligence' is possibly no more than brinkmanship to take Masterton to the very edge. Purvis could then take control but offer 50% out to fans/other investors.

Would this open up the option of administration? Investing would be easier if pesky things like staff wages and contractor bills could be swept away and it could all be blamed on Masterton.

I'd hate to see any staff, players or contractors out of pocket but the debts are so crippling that surely any investor would find it far cheaper to pick up the remnants of a broken club than pick up the tab of £134K to HMRC, £450K to former directors, £450 trade debts, £??? unpaid wages...

Purvis and his group are already pretty much in with the bricks at East End already and remember that Bob Purvis was going to step in when our old chief exec left back in October and he only stepped back when he found out the true state of the books. The money he could have put in then may have got him a small stake and little say, whereas that same figure could now give him control of the club.

This might be utter balls but I really can't see anyone other than him being in charge if we are to avoid vanishing completely.

Feel free to come back and take the piss when the local butcher, baker and candlestick maker take

control of the club!

shandon has it all worked out imo

I wouldn't mind if the club was owned by Johnstons, Stephens and Pink String and Sealing Wax tbh

Sorry - maybe read like I was pouring scorn on these kind of guys. I meant if my theory was rubbish then feel free to mock me. Any new owner would be very welcome. Especially one who makes donuts as good as the ones from Stephens.

Surely this won't be the last ever Pars game today?

I've just noticed who Jim has booked for the HT entertainment today at East End Park after looking at the club books this week...

post-30171-0-71759200-1364028115_thumb.j

Oh dear... that can't be a good sign! At least Michelle's outfit will compliment the occasion.

Surely this won't be the last ever Pars game today?

I've just noticed who Jim has booked for the HT entertainment today at East End Park after looking at the club books this week...

attachicon.gifmichelle-mcmanus_1717633i.jpg

Oh dear... that can't be a good sign! At least Michelle's outfit will compliment the occasion.

By Dunfermline standards she's borderline anorexic.

Leishman in The Herald today suggesting it's "up to Masterton" whether or not to put the club into administration. I still have hope that it won't be Dunfermline's last game but it could well be the last game for some of the senior players if administration becomes a reality.

If an extra 700 to 800 pars fans go to todays match thats the tax bill paid.

We can all point fingers as to who's fault all this is but if the club does not survive its a pointless discussion.

Best of luck to all at dunfermline they deserve better than this.

Eh?

700 to 800 what are you charging to get in.!!!! The bill can't be paid with your existing gate how can 800 extra do it?

Matchday (stewarding, staff wages, players wages) cost and tax on gate money did you add this to your equation

Edited by sons superhero