Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Sounds like its Steve Taylor of Carter's who are a Glenrothes based firm with an office in Dunfermline. If that is the case, Carters are not involved in insolvency as far as I know and Steve's expertise is tax. I would be surprised though, if he is not taking insolvency advice from somewhere! Your steering group could really do with getting a friendly IP on board to advise.

It is Steve Taylor from Carters. I expect he's involved because he's a pars fan who happens to be an accountant rather than any expertise he has of insolvency.

Edited by Martin Nelson

The majority of HMRC winding up petitions don't actually end up with a winding up order. All that has been served on Dunfermline is a bit of paper that says that we have asked the court to wind you up. In the majority of cases, either the money is found or a time to pay deal is struck before it calls in court. Where that is not possible, usually the company will try to control it'sown destiny by going for an administration order. Most of the time HMRC will be content to let that happen.

An administrator needs something to work with but Dunfermline have five home games left and if they were in admin, I am sure the fans would rally round and they could maybe expect crowds of at least 3500, maybe with season ticket holders agreeing to pay in which would raise maybe £200k+. Add in fans fund raising efforts of at least another £100k, etc, etc. and the administrator would have maybe £300k to run the club until the end of the season. Playing and other staff would be cut to the absolute minimum. In perspective, Morton's entire first team pool costs circa £55k a month.

Payment of debts is suspended by the admin order and the administrator would have a couple of months to find a buyer.

Downside problems are that the club does not own the ground and it is not clear what security of tenure they have bearing in mind that apparently the company that does own the ground has a mortgage of £8m on it and could potentially go bust itself.

Its not good times but its not yet terminal either!

have the pars not got a poor history already with HMRC on time to pay deals?suspect HMRC might want the whole lot,also suspect the pars will find the money to stave off any admin/liquidation

Edit to add - any creditor can apply for a winding up order.

if they are owed over £750 is it not?

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Noticed on dafc.net they'll be having buckets on the concourse for donations. I'd imagine they'll have this covered already, but if they got them outside I'd imagine a fair number of our fans would be happy to donate. I've said it before, but I'd be more than happy to slip in a tenner.

Noticed on dafc.net they'll be having buckets on the concourse for donations. I'd imagine they'll have this covered already, but if they got them outside I'd imagine a fair number of our fans would be happy to donate. I've said it before, but I'd be more than happy to slip in a tenner.

GordieBoy80 will be getting slipped a few things on Saturday.

Sorry RW ill only donate to Raith Rovers as we are up to our eyes in debt also, But fair play mate if you feel you can spare a tenner good for for it.

Sorry RW ill only donate to Raith Rovers as we are up to our eyes in debt also, But fair play mate if you feel you can spare a tenner good for for it.

Its to a good cause. Regardless of whether they questioned Masterton's ways before, the Pars fans still deserve their team. Well, possibly one that is financially maimed that we can compete against. Even still I've happily put money into Rovers in various forms this season from 50/50 tickets to club merchandise.