Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just thought I'd drop in to wish you guys the best of luck. Horrible thing to go through thinking your club is on it's way out and always liked the Pars. Hopefully someone steps in and saves you.

Edited by Hearts Daft

Laughing stock of football? Nobody gives a f**k.

Sad news but it's been in the post for a decade. Hopefully other clubs learn something from it.

The sad thing is, i'm not sure they are learning.

Its hope against hope now but i'll keep believing that some agreement can be made to ge Masterton out. It staggers belief that he's buggered off to Switzerland when all this is happening.

Laughing stock of football? Nobody gives a f**k.

Sad news but it's been in the post for a decade. Hopefully other clubs learn something from it.

Problem is that those who have went into admin/gone bust over the last few years are all those who have largely overspent over a significant period of time.

I'd argue that the only difference between it happening here and down south is that we don't have a massive TV deal or multi-billionaires propping up the system. You only have to look at Portsmouth to see what can very easily happen to a number of English clubs at some point soon.

Totally Agree, I don't think a club that goes bust should be allowed to reform as the same club under a different corporate shell. However, the laws of the land and football have been tested over the past year so i see no reason why, subject to a vote by SFL clubs, dunfermline shouldn't be allowed to reform under a new company with club history intact. If the rules don't allow this then the corruption in Scottish football will be laid bare for all to see.

You're clearly not 'totally agreeing' with the two wrongs fallacy, given you then go on to state that Dunfermline should be allowed to worm their way back into the system.

The fact that they should doesn't mean i agree with it.

Do you always argue with folk that agree with you?

http://www.parstv.co.uk/upload/20130310airdrie.wmv

Airdrie 3 3 Pars

Turn your volume down before clicking the link

"IT'S A GOAAAAAALLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, wait, it's not a goal."

Fucking fantastic commentary.

That's seriously one of the most cringeworthy commentaries I've ever heard. That's reason enough to want the pars to fold.

7 Days to pay the full amount after the winding up order is served ( Don't think it actually has been yet) ...

Wrong. (btw you don't serve a winding up order, you serve a petition the court grants the order or not.)

HMRC could accept a payment/reconstruction proposal.

Dunfermline could enter a moratorium pending a CVA.

The court can make any such order as it sees fit. It could continue the case pending a takeover etc or decide HMRC hasn't proved it's case. (I thought the payment was due on Friday?)

Such a shame that league reconstruction could prevent you from playing your " Big Team " next season isn't it?

The precedent has been set and a Newco Dunfermline should be allowed into the 3rd Division and given a chance to start from the ground up. I would be sad to see Dunfermline go out of existence but I couldn't give a shit about Zombiegers or many of the knuckle draggers who support them.

Alluding that I'm a closet Rangers fan. Deary me. That's the best you've got is it?

I didn't see you battering down *ahem* Donald Findlay's door complaining about Rangers being admitted to the SFL. In fact, they got in with very little resistance from any fans groups. Even the much lauded Turnbull Hutton was given an easy ride.

As for precedent, you clearly don't understand any of my previous posts so I won't explain again.

The fact that they should doesn't mean i agree with it. Do you always argue with folk that agree with you?

You haven't agreed with me: you've put forward a contradictory set of statements that you'll have to sort out in your own time.

Suggestion: glue the letterbox closed at EEP. It will stop DAFC getting HMRC order and other bills.

"nah, we didnae get this eh windn up bill neebur, the only winding up that's gawn oan the noo is wit yer dain tae me the noo ya hoor" - Jim Leishman

Im not saying that Dundee are innocent. Far from it. I just think that we should all be pulling together for the sake of our game. Club after club seem to be losing it just now. We have a w****r in charge of our game who doesnt have the first clue what he is doing. No club is innocent here and apart from celtic i guarantee that the pars will not be the last and as the creditors clamp down on everything we are going to be lucky to have a scottish game very soon. No wonder we are the laughing stock of football.

Football in Scotland will always survive. I keep saying it year after year, when are these clubs who spend money they don't have going to wake up to reality?? Why do they pay such ridiculous wages to mediocre players? I feel sorry for some Townie fans, but not all of them. They take great delight in making fun of smaller clubs, sometimes sneering at them, sometimes patronising them. Yet, all the time they have been in a totally false position pi**ing away money they did not have to get in that position. They are a small club and always will be and the sooner they wake up to that the better.

Scotland is a small country with small teams and the only way we will compete in the future is to develop our youngsters the correct way. Not by pretending that we can somehow buy success with debt whilst pandering to every whimper from Celtic or Sevco. Instead, our football is run by buffoons who do absolutely nothing of any use to promote our game at grassroots level. It is little better than it was ten or twenty years ago and any minor improvements have come from external influences. Scottish football, like in some other countries, needs a total overhaul. However, nothing will happen. The fans will be ignored yet again and some other farcical league set-up will be introduced to keep us bored to death and strangle the game even further.

Remember when it was Rangers and funny as f**k?

This isnae so funny

Speak for yourself tbh.

Where is our resident DAFC insider when you need him, to clear up all those misconceptions and heinous slurs placed on the DAFC board by outsiders? Step forward the poster 'Ronnie Wutherspoon', who just a few months ago assured us that in relation to Masterton and his band of puppet directors, everything was going to be just fine:

Some facts to clear up the speculation and numbers being bandied about...

As long as he's not minded to pull the plug, and as long as his company isn't under any external pressure to do so then there's no imminent danger.

In the meantime, as I've posted above, there's no immediate danger despite how bad the headlines like to paint things.

More speculation. I don't think we'll be seeing your dancing shoes any time soon.

Let me quote John Yorkston. "I am not worried about the immediate future of the club". But you seem to have better information than him, so go on, put it in the public domain?

Oooft.

Edited by vikingTON