Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Personally think unfair as it would be any newco Dunfermline should apply along with all other interested parties and a vote taken from there. Otherwise for a team up to its eyeballs in debt but relatively big in Scottish terms, e.g. Hearts, Motherwell, Killie, what's to stop them just setting up Newcos and taking the risk they'll be voted into the league? Edinburgh City or Cove Rangers wouldn't get in ahead of Hearts. A chance to start again scot-free with the only punishment being three seasons outwith the top flight. Of course they'd take that.

The Rangers case set a dangerous precedent but it's gone now. Dunfermline shouldn't be treated equally, lessons should be learned from it just as lessons were learned from the Airdrie/Clydebank debacle.

If Dunfermline go bust all interested sides should be invited to apply and a vote made for the new league side. If a newco Dunfermline were set up they should be more than free to stand in the vote.

Edit: I think somewhat crucially though any 'Dunfermline Athletic FC' with the same badge and laying claim to history mustn't be allowed though. I know it's what happened with Rangers but that wasn't right and it shouldn't be allowed to happen again. They can come back as Dunfermline Town, or Dunfermline United, or whoever, but they shouldn't be the same club.

I agree that if the worst was to happen and we went bust and were able to start a new club that it would have to apply for entry to the league. Don't think it matters if we were to apply as Dunfermline Athletic FC or Dunfermline FC or whatever as despite what people would say, it would be the same club in all but name.

I would agree with that actually. Yes a Dunfermline Newco should have to apply for admission to the league but the Zombiegers situation would be a factor. Dunfermline certainly aren't anything like as big a financial proposition as The Rangers but they are still a big club with a relatively large support in Scottish terms and a great deal of history. Self interest would probably dictate that many clubs would want them back into the league against all of the current non league teams.

Could they not come back as Dunfermline United and ground share with Cowdenbeath?

JUST asking :whistle

Some of you on here can be really sick sometimes. I know clubs have their rivalries blah blah blah, but for people to be happy about another football club going under is just fucking petty. This is peoples jobs we are talking about. For those who are happy i really hope you go to work on monday and are told that you are losing your jobs. Then you might see how it feels. Get a fucking grip for f**k sake

Some of you on here can be really sick sometimes. I know clubs have their rivalries blah blah blah, but for people to be happy about another football club going under is just fucking petty. This is peoples jobs we are talking about. For those who are happy i really hope you go to work on monday and are told that you are losing your jobs. Then you might see how it feels. Get a fucking grip for f**k sake

And what about all the creditors that both Rangers and Dunfermline have shafted? There will be some ordinary, family-run companies amongst them that will now probably never see their cash. Dunfermline have been living on money they dont have, cheating effectively, and deserve punished.