Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Owned with a whopping great mortgage (£8m?)... so not owned at all.

Indeed as I suspected and quite a moot point from what I can gather the only tangible asset of value in the whole equation. EEP I believe presents a significant value for development purposes either residentual or retail/commercial with no obvious objections visible and even in a depressed market could likely realise of the order 4M Sterling.

on the otherhand if DAFC can survive under newco or current guise and allowed to play SFL based on support and woith control over wages could pay a significant rent to service and repay mortgage so a cash cow for Masterton. It really depends on where the pressure points are in the overall Masterton empire are. Personally I hope something along the latter can be achieved.

Airdrie did to clydebank what new rangers did to old rangers. Only difference is you got to start a league further up. I agree that dunfermline should be viewed with contempt for The way the club hs been run this past decade. I would prefer that the punishment was a generation in the seaside leagues so we can lord it over them for a bit :P.

Talking pish. Rangers reformed after administration under a new entity, as did Airdrie. Rangers were allowed back into the league without a by-your-leave while we were banished into the ether in favour of Milesons Millions.

We found another route.

Talking pish. Rangers reformed after administration under a new entity, as did Airdrie. Rangers were allowed back into the league without a by-your-leave while we were banished

into the ether in favour of Milesons Millions.

We found another route.

So you fucked Clydebank and ZombieGers fucked the whole of Scottish football. Well done to both of you.

So you fucked Clydebank and ZombieGers fucked the whole of Scottish football. Well done to both of you.

How have Rangers fucked Scottish football? They've been demoted to the Third and they're bringing huge gates to teams who've not seen crowds like that for years. Your chairman and mine voted them into the Third so if you don't like it, take it up with your own club. But hey, it's easier to be a keyboard warrior aint it?

But, yes, we fucked Clydebank. If you're not careful, the "big Team" might just be fucking you shortly.

Edited by Pesadilla

How have Rangers fucked Scottish football? They've been demoted to the Third and they're bringing huge gates to teams who've not seen crowds like that for years. You're chairman and mine voted them into the Third so if you don't like it, take it up with your own club. But hey, it's easier to be a keyboard warrior aint it?

But, yes, we fucked Clydebank. If you're not careful, the "big Team" might just be fucking you shortly.

Rangers died and then Sevco applied. No demotion about it.

Rangers died and then Sevco applied. No demotion about it.

Yes, but they've not "fucked Scottish football".

Anyone who thinks they would not have been admitted even if there was a vote is living in cloud cuckoo land. Everybody's chaiman outwith Stranraer voted them back in.

We were not afforded that luxury and it remains to be seen, if it comes to it, if Dunfermline will either.

Yes, but they've not "fucked Scottish football".

Anyone who thinks they would not have been admitted even if there was a vote is living in cloud cuckoo land. Everybody's chaiman outwith Stranraer voted them back in.

We were not afforded that luxury and it remains to be seen, if it comes to it, if Dunfermline will either.

Again, Rangers weren't let back in, they died.

However, I agree it's not fair to say 'ZombieRangers' have f***** Scottish football. Rangers and Celtic did that whilst the currently irrelevant new club which the bluenoses have attached themselves to are, as you say, giving the 3rd Division teams a welcome financial boost. Fans shouting sectarian bile won't help though.

Anyway, it's a 'Halbeath Road' thread so I won't encourage this further...

How have Rangers fucked Scottish football? They've been demoted to the Third and they're bringing huge gates to teams who've not seen crowds like that for years. Your chairman and mine voted them into the Third so if you don't like it, take it up with your own club. But hey, it's easier to be a keyboard warrior aint it?

Such a shame that league reconstruction could prevent you from playing your " Big Team " next season isn't it?

The precedent has been set and a Newco Dunfermline should be allowed into the 3rd Division and given a chance to start from the ground up. I would be sad to see Dunfermline go out of existence but I couldn't give a shit about Zombiegers or many of the knuckle draggers who support them.

Edited by Only coo in the village

Such a shame that league reconstruction could prevent you from playing your " Big Team " next season isn't it?

The precedent has been set and a Newco Dunfermline should be allowed into the 3rd Division and given a chance to start from the ground up. I would be sad to see Dunfermline go out of existence but I couldn't give a shit about Zombiegers or many of the bigots who support them.

I'd suggest precedent isn't particularly important. For one, it isn't a binding precedent.

Don't forget - this is Dunfermline, not Rangers. There is no way Dunfermline would get that sort of preferential treatment. I think they would end up being voted back in having been made to apply, but there's no way they'd face an unchallenged vote like Rangers did.

For me, I don't see why any Dunfermline Newco would have to face a more difficult path into the league than Rangers did, even if that particular path saw The Rangers be given a rather large amount of leeway. What's good for one club should be good for another.

Edited by Michael W

I'd suggest precedent isn't particularly important. For one, it isn't a binding precedent.

Don't forget - this is Dunfermline, not Rangers. There is no way Dunfermline would get that sort of preferential treatment. I think they would end up being voted back in having been made to apply, but there's no way they'd face an unchallenged vote like Rangers did.

For me, I don't see why any Dunfermline Newco would have to face a more difficult path into the league than Rangers did, even if that particular path saw The Rangers be given a rather large amount of leeway. What's good for one club should be good for another.

I would agree with that actually. Yes a Dunfermline Newco should have to apply for admission to the league but the Zombiegers situation would be a factor. Dunfermline certainly aren't anything like as big a financial proposition as The Rangers but they are still a big club with a relatively large support in Scottish terms and a great deal of history. Self interest would probably dictate that many clubs would want them back into the league against all of the current non league teams.

I would agree with that actually. Yes a Dunfermline Newco should have to apply for admission to the league but the Zombiegers situation would be a factor. Dunfermline certainly aren't anything like as big a financial proposition as The Rangers but they are still a big club with a relatively large support in Scottish terms and a great deal of history. Self interest would probably dictate that many clubs would want them back into the league against all of the current non league teams.

It isn't in the interests of SFL clubs to establish a (further) precedent for dodging your debts and starting over. Apart from Livingston of course.

It isn't in the interests of SFL clubs to establish a (further) precedent for dodging your debts and starting over. Apart from Livingston of course.

Absolutely.

However, with the fucktards at the SFA rewriting the rules to allow club / company separation this is precisely what they are encouraging. >_>

Indeed as I suspected and quite a moot point from what I can gather the only tangible asset of value in the whole equation. EEP I believe presents a significant value for development purposes either residentual or retail/commercial with no obvious objections visible and even in a depressed market could likely realise of the order 4M Sterling.

on the otherhand if DAFC can survive under newco or current guise and allowed to play SFL based on support and woith control over wages could pay a significant rent to service and repay mortgage so a cash cow for Masterton. It really depends on where the pressure points are in the overall Masterton empire are. Personally I hope something along the latter can be achieved.

£4m.? Fantasy stuff that.

Absolutely.

However, with the fucktards at the SFA rewriting the rules to allow club / company separation this is precisely what they are encouraging. >_>

Exactly right, this will benefit no one in the SFL in the long run. However, I also feel there will be further alienation of diddy club fans if the pars are denied the route Rangers were given 7 months ago.

The corruption reeks!

Sadly (or not!) I think talk of us reappearing could be a bit presumptious. Rangers did little more than a bit of jiggery pokery to shrug off the potential tax bill whereas we could soon have no club, no ground etc. They've maybe given everyone a false impression of liquidation being some easy fix.

Two wrongs fallacy on display here. I suspect more fans would be annoyed that a club spending beyond their means on a truly insane scale are parachuted back into the leagues.

Totally Agree, I don't think a club that goes bust should be allowed to reform as the same club under a different corporate shell.

However, the laws of the land and football have been tested over the past year so i see no reason why, subject to a vote by SFL clubs, dunfermline shouldn't be allowed to reform under a new company with club history intact.

If the rules don't allow this then the corruption in Scottish football will be laid bare for all to see.

Totally Agree, I don't think a club that goes bust should be allowed to reform as the same club under a different corporate shell. However, the laws of the land and football have been tested over the past year so i see no reason why, subject to a vote by SFL clubs, dunfermline shouldn't be allowed to reform under a new company with club history intact. If the rules don't allow this then the corruption in Scottish football will be laid bare for all to see.

Personally think unfair as it would be any newco Dunfermline should apply along with all other interested parties and a vote taken from there. Otherwise for a team up to its eyeballs in debt but relatively big in Scottish terms, e.g. Hearts, Motherwell, Killie, what's to stop them just setting up Newcos and taking the risk they'll be voted into the league? Edinburgh City or Cove Rangers wouldn't get in ahead of Hearts. A chance to start again scot-free with the only punishment being three seasons outwith the top flight. Of course they'd take that.

The Rangers case set a dangerous precedent but it's gone now. Dunfermline shouldn't be treated equally, lessons should be learned from it just as lessons were learned from the Airdrie/Clydebank debacle.

If Dunfermline go bust all interested sides should be invited to apply and a vote made for the new league side. If a newco Dunfermline were set up they should be more than free to stand in the vote.

Edit: I think somewhat crucially though any 'Dunfermline Athletic FC' with the same badge and laying claim to history mustn't be allowed though. I know it's what happened with Rangers but that wasn't right and it shouldn't be allowed to happen again. They can come back as Dunfermline Town, or Dunfermline United, or whoever, but they shouldn't be the same club.

Edited by Paco

Sadly (or not!) I think talk of us reappearing could be a bit presumptious. Rangers did little more than a bit of jiggery pokery to shrug off the potential tax bill whereas we could soon have no club, no ground etc. They've maybe given everyone a false impression of liquidation being some easy fix.

Indeed - I reckon liquidation will be terminal for the Pars. No "zombie" option looks in any way realistic for us.