Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The February VAT quarter will be due for payment on or around 10th April, not the end of March. Only a 10 day difference I accept but worth pointing out.

Depends whether you pay electronically or not. If you pay by cheque, you have to have cleared funds in HMRC's hands by the end of the month following the VAT quarter end. If you pay electronically eg by credit transfer or CHAPS or by credit card, you get an extra five days. If HMRC collect by direct debit you get an extra 10 days. 10 April is only correct if HMRC have a DD mandate. The basic due date though is the end of the month.

What I'm hearing is that it's when, not if.

New company already set up....

I'm not disputing Liquidation is the likely scenario, I apologise if my post came across that way, I was just pointing out that their is no hope in hell of Dunfermline getting parachuted into the third division, any Newco will be in the east of scotland/junior leagues ala Gretna.

Genuinely wondering why you think this mate?

Also, what about the absolute roaster who kept going on and on about trying to get 51% ownership for the fans? Because we don't have bigger fish to fry than that of course! Then there was the guy who asked whether GM was aware that liquidation would mean no cash for him. Then finally, "If GM was offered more money from someone else, would he take it?" Holy Fucking Jesus.

That was fucking tremendous :lol: "What if everyone else owns 50%". It takes a special type of " :1eye " to be that stupid infront of 500 people.

I'm not disputing Liquidation is the likely scenario, I apologise if my post came across that way, I was just pointing out that their is no hope in hell of Dunfermline getting parachuted into the third division, any Newco will be in the east of scotland/junior leagues ala Gretna.

Sadly I agree,

Unfortunately us diddy clubs are ten a penny however Scottish football needs real big clubs like Rainjurs!

Pity that despite matching their financial model for success, your fate is likely to be severely different!

There's a lot of round sums being bandied about and I am getting the impression that nobody is very sure exactly how much the club owes. Almost every insolvency case I have ever been involved with, the money due to creditors turns out to be larger than those in charge thought it was. The club keep talking about when debts like VAT and PAYE are due to be paid (using dates I don't recognise as the normal due date for VAT and PAYE) but you have to remember than there will be other debts which exist but have not yet become due. For example, the February VAT quarter has ended and that liability now exists but it is not due to be paid until the end of March.

I think the steering group are well aware of what is owed but they are taking the stand that they want Masterton to 'blink' first. They have no intention of simply bailing out the club in its current form. The accountant on the steering group was the guy who stepped in when our former chief exec walked so he knows the books as well as anyone.

Depends whether you pay electronically or not. If you pay by cheque, you have to have cleared funds in HMRC's hands by the end of the month following the VAT quarter end. If you pay electronically eg by credit transfer or CHAPS or by credit card, you get an extra five days. If HMRC collect by direct debit you get an extra 10 days. 10 April is only correct if HMRC have a DD mandate. The basic due date though is the end of the month.

It's compulsory for businesses of Dunfermline's size to be registered for online VAT and electronic payment though. Technically they could pay by manual CHAPS transfer but that would be very unusual and very unlikely. I think we can safely assume their payment date will be the 10th of the month.

I didn't see it mentioned on here but our VAT payments are unusually large as a VAT investigation last year had uncovered a sizeable underpayment. I can't honestly say I fell off my chair, choked with surprise or even raised an eyebrow at this.

For example, the February VAT quarter has ended and that liability now exists but it is not due to be paid until the end of March.

Might be different for different sizes of business but for my (small) business the quarter doesn't end until the end of month 3 (ie end of March) with payment due in April sometime, even in to May possibly. I get VAT and PAYE deadlines confused and don't have them in front of me.

How the hell can Masterton go opening new companies willy nilly. The man is just digging hole after hole. When does someone become unable to do this? Does he have to be bankrupt, officially?

Might be different for different sizes of business but for my (small) business the quarter doesn't end until the end of month 3 (ie end of March) with payment due in April sometime, even in to May possibly. I get VAT and PAYE deadlines confused and don't have them in front of me.

Quarters are not the same for all businesses. It depends when you first register for VAT. It's equally possible that your quarters run to the end of February, May, August and November as to have the four you have. Dunfermline's quarter apparently ends at the end of February.

I know all that.... sheesh, do you think I've been living under a rock :)

Dunfermline go bust, get ejected, apply to join under a newco uncontested, get accepted, start in Div 3. That's what I'd expect to happen if Scottish football treats all clubs the same.

I think Dazzle gets my point.

Ah, I see. Yes, I suppose that would be the only way to do it, you'd be relying on SFA giving you the current membership too of course. Good luck with all that...!!

Why not? Precedent been set...

Yes, precedent was set by Airdrieonians demise.

We went bust, reapplied and were given a resounding "NO!" by the SFL clubs. The reason at the time cited was that "we don't want to set a precedent". Rangers of course bucked that trend, but Rangers are widely viewed, rightly or wrongly, as being integral to the health of Scottish football. I don't think Dunfermline fit that bill.

Given that there are several other clubs teetering on the brink, and this could be seen as "an easy way out" I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least a election to get into the SFL, similar to the way Airdrie attempted a return - you know when the SFL clubs voted in that giant of the Scottish game, Gretna.

I'd be surprised if Dunfermline weren't re-elected but I'm sure there are a few chaiman who would relish the chance to stick the boot in. I'm not exactly sure how Dunfermline voted when Airdrieonians attempted a return, but I'd fully expect us to return the favour, either way.

Interesting to see how Dunfermline fans would view a "Newco", and indeed how they'd be welcomed.

VAT quarters are staggered and from recollection you can specify when you want it to end when you register. I was surmising Dunfermline's is November/ February/May/August from info given in the club statement about what is due! Different businesses have different VAT quarters.