Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Thanks. Concerning.

Would that mean 'Dunfermline 2013' territory? NewCo?

Most likely. But it would be a different club. Different ground, different players, different people. DAFC would be no more. We'd get no special treatment, unlike the inbreds from Govan.

Thanks. Concerning.

Would that mean 'Dunfermline 2013' territory? NewCo?

No stadium, no players, no sfa registration etc etc.

Gavin gets the stadium though.

No stadium, no players, no sfa registration etc etc.

Gavin gets the stadium though.

Sounds grim, even more so since two sides seem miles apart.

Ball sponsors on Saturday are Crosbie Matthew Funeral Directors - an omen?

Offer on table i've heard. If 200 Pars fans pay into CP - debt will not be chased. Nothing official as yet.

I sincerely hope the Cowden board aren't considering this. It would be almost impossible to measure and quantify. 200 Pars fans on the gate equates to £3,000.00 total revenue (less 20% due to the HMRC for VAT would only provide Cowdenbeath with only £2,500 of income). The suggestion was that in excess of 400 tickets were sold by Dunfermline for the recent derby match at Central Park. That is money that we are legitimately due from Dunfermline, which is why we hopefully have reported the matter to the SFL. I don't think Cowdenbeath are in a position to "write off" £000's, even as a gesture of goodwill to our skint neighbours.

I think the Rovers offer is a fantastic gesture. It provides Dunfermline fans with an amazing opportunity to support their team and contribute to it's survival without particular detriment to Raith Rovers income. It's easily managed in terms of the numbers and not open dispute or argument (which would be a travesty given the charitable nature of the offer in the first instance). I take my hat off to our Kirkcaldy rivals and their generosity of spirit.

I sincerely hope the Cowden board aren't considering this. It would be almost impossible to measure and quantify. 200 Pars fans on the gate equates to £3,000.00 total revenue (less 20% due to the HMRC for VAT would only provide Cowdenbeath with only £2,500 of income). The suggestion was that in excess of 400 tickets were sold by Dunfermline for the recent derby match at Central Park. That is money that we are legitimately due from Dunfermline, which is why we hopefully have reported the matter to the SFL. I don't think Cowdenbeath are in a position to "write off" £000's, even as a gesture of goodwill to our skint neighbours.

I think the Rovers offer is a fantastic gesture. It provides Dunfermline fans with an amazing opportunity to support their team and contribute to it's survival without particular detriment to Raith Rovers income. It's easily managed in terms of the numbers and not open dispute or argument (which would be a travesty given the charitable nature of the offer in the first instance). I take my hat off to our Kirkcaldy rivals and their generosity of spirit.

Can I just make clear that the rules of the SFL effectively are that monies for tickets sold by the away club have to be paid over to the home club within 10 days of the game being played. If said game though is postponed then 80% of the monies for tickets sold by the away club have to be paid over to the home club within 10 days of the original scheduled date for the fixture. 20% is retained by away club to cover requests for refunds and this is then paid over to the home club within 10 days of the fixture being played (once rearranged). If any of the monies are not paid over within said timescale/s then the home club must immediately inform the SFL or it itself has breached SFL rules.

If the pars fans come to Starks on Saturday and bring more than 2000 fans the rovers board will only receive cash for 2000 fans and give the rest of the cash from the pars end to Jim Leishman fighting fund. So the more fans you bring the more money you will receive

They only brought 600 odd to us a few weeks ago.

Cleaver marketing ploy by Raith Rovers IMO

Can I just make clear that the rules of the SFL effectively are that monies for tickets sold by the away club have to be paid over to the home club within 10 days of the game being played. If said game though is postponed then 80% of the monies for tickets sold by the away club have to be paid over to the home club within 10 days of the original scheduled date for the fixture. 20% is retained by away club to cover requests for refunds and this is then paid over to the home club within 10 days of the fixture being played (once rearranged). If any of the monies are not paid over within said timescale/s then the home club must immediately inform the SFL or it itself has breached SFL rules.

I presume (since the national press reported last week that Cowden had reported Dunfermline to the SFL) that one or both parts of the rule detailed above has not been met by the Pars. Did Dunfermline make any initial payment based on 80% of ticket sales at the point of the originally scheduled date? From previous posts, I guess you could give a yes or no to this question Cowboy?

It's a good move by the board of directors . If the pars fans decide to turn up and bring close to 2000 fans it means more cash for us rovers. Could just be a ploy to get more fans through the turnstiles. Face it we are both sets of fans are on a downer

Quite a clever move by Raith re promising The Pars any gate receipts above the 2,000 mark in the away end. Good PR and tries to encourage at least 2,000 Pars to attend and they keep that money. Nice gesture but also very shrewd. Do Dunfermline usually take more than 2,000 fans through to Starks?

They usually just about fill the away stand - they are the big team after all - but when they came to Stark's Park in November you'd be lucky if there were 2000 Pars fans. I would be shocked if they brought 2000 through on Saturday.

Just on here to see how their meeting went tonight. We've been here a few seasons ago. Think we only managed a maximum of 200 fans along for a Trust meeting when our owner was threatening to build houses on the ground, as opposed to 500 fans for Pars. Big team again. All joking aside, hope they pull through.

Edited by Scary Bear

Very astute marketing move by the Rovers, great for PR. We probably only budgeted for 2000 pars fans anyway.

Aye but the board have missed a trick.

Send Sammy through and our lot could pay £1 for a kick up the arse and £10 to boot him in the baws.

Very astute marketing move by the Rovers, great for PR. We probably only budgeted for 2000 pars fans anyway.

I doubt it. I reckon we'll have budgeted for about 11000 over the two matches, and with 4200-odd watching the first one and a possible sub-3000 crowd at Saturday's game we're looking at disastrous territory.

Any Rovers fan moaning about this needs to look at the fact they've taken 400 to Cowdenbeath and 600 to Falkirk in the last few weeks.They'd undoubtedly have less than 1000 through without this, which would be a disaster for us.

Personally I predict the Pars will bring about 1200 and we'll give a token donation of £500 or so to them. Would be shocked if they broke the 2000 mark.