Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Any chance of Cowden getting the ground? Masterton will kill off the Pars while the Brewsters have already taken our stadium.

When Yorkston and Calderwood arrived to replace such sound football men like Woodrow and the Paton/Campbell set-up the game was a bogey. Their egos were sickening and Masterton was just as bad, overseeing the amazing amount of debt Pars now find themselves trying to battle.

Aye its a crying shame that both West Fife clubs have been put in this situation, its a dangerous game when someone gets the majority shareholding in a club.

0.000000000000000000001/10

That is very slightly more than the amount of pennies in the pound that will soon be on offer to Dunfermline's creditors, including Cowdenbeath. Maybe we should get in quick and start stripping out the seats from the McCathie stand in case Lloyds Banking Group has plans to refurbish the Bothwell Street branch of the Bank of Scotland with a new stand in the car park to cope with the queues of debt-ridden local businessmen out of pocket and owed money and asking for an emergency loan to cope! Edited by Moonface

<br /><br />That is very slightly more than the amount of pennies in the pound that will soon be on offer to Dunfermline's creditors, including Cowdenbeath. Maybe we should get in quick and start stripping out the seats from the McCathie stand in case Lloyds Banking Group has plans to refurbish the Bothwell Street branch of the Bank of Scotland with a new stand in the car park to cope with the queues of debt-ridden local businessmen out of pocket and owed money and asking for an emergency loan to cope!

So much seethe for one so young.....

I know PUMA tried to send in the heavies to strip stuff out of EEP to the value of monies owed, why don't Cowsen do this?

FYI it worked, Pars paid up sharp.

What did we purchase off them...water bottles?

That would be a disaster. There are dozens of council owned facilities in the juniors and they are middens. Bo'ness Utd are actively trying to transfer the trust deeds for their pitch away from the council into a locally run trust for the benefit of the community. Maintenance is the bare minimum. Clubs are perfectly capable of owning their own facilities and running within budget. As has already been said it's chasing the dream and relying on income you cannot depend on that puts clubs into the place Dunfermline are. Well, that and some idiot coming along with a "finance" scheme to release equity, spend it and then ask the "oh fvck, what now?" question.

Dunfermline could just dump the lot and bail out like Rangers did. But I suspect the land around EEP is far more attractive for other uses than Greyskull ever could be - others will know different.

Aye the days of councils owning sports grounds etc will soon be a thing of the past. Fife Council have put their sports centres under the charge of some trust so there's no danger that they would take on EEP.

There would be a few options for EEP if it wasn't to be used for football. Its in a decent area for housing or the retail park next to it could be extended. Hopefully it won't come to that.

Protest march plan seems to be progressing nicely, one of the people organising is asking the council nicely if there's a possibility of them waiving the 28 day notice period.

How could they stop a bunch of people from walking if we just did it anyway? What a load of fucking nonsense that we need a notice period to walk from one place to another. There will be plenty of folk walking to the game anyway!

Protest march plan seems to be progressing nicely, one of the people organising is asking the council nicely if there's a possibility of them waiving the 28 day notice period.

How could they stop a bunch of people from walking if we just did it anyway? What a load of fucking nonsense that we need a notice period to walk from one place to another. There will be plenty of folk walking to the game anyway!

They can't but it looks better from our point of view doing things to the letter

I have just had a conversation with someone who is very close to what is going on.

It is as positive a piece of news as we've had in months. 12.30pm press conference tomorrow. If this doesn't work then nothing will.

I have just had a conversation with someone who is very close to what is going on.

It is as positive a piece of news as we've had in months. 12.30pm press conference tomorrow. If this doesn't work then nothing will.

Like I said on Pars Alive, I'm treading with caution at the moment.

Yes we want him out but it's pointless if he's still major shareholder and owns the ground with that huge debt around it's neck.

Like I said on Pars Alive, I'm treading with caution at the moment.

Yes we want him out but it's pointless if he's still major shareholder and owns the ground with that huge debt around it's neck.

I think it's the middle ground we always expected would be the case. It's not ideal but it's better than the absolute stalemate we've had the last few months. All will become clear in the next few days but if this doens't work then nothing will & it's game over.