Walking Down The Halbeath Road

the RBS £600k story - is that old news or new? its that kind of action that can tip the scales. Not colossal compared to other debts but the sort of demand that can trip a lot of financial switches. Hope they sort this out but things seem to be accelerating. About the only income stream Masterton seems to have left is his pension.

the RBS £600k story - is that old news or new? its that kind of action that can tip the scales. Not colossal compared to other debts but the sort of demand that can trip a lot of financial switches. Hope they sort this out but things seem to be accelerating. About the only income stream Masterton seems to have left is his pension.

I don't think that his pension is safe, never fear though, he's probably hoping that the country looks after him.

Here's hoping it's at Her Majesty's pleasure.

I don't think that his pension is safe, never fear though, he's probably hoping that the country looks after him.

Here's hoping it's at Her Majesty's pleasure.

23550618.jpg

This whole situation hurts like hell. Yesterday's game was such a bizarre, emotional experience. I took my 9 year old laddie along, his enthusiasm for the game grows every week, I watch him going through the programme trying to learn the squad, their positions and even things like not getting why the ball going off the side of the pitch isn't called "offside". Two minutes into the game, he even gave me a row for not watching the game. He's making me proud and yet all I can think is "what am I getting him into?". I turned to him as the 2nd Half kicked off, he was peering at the pitch through his rolled up programme, I asked "what are you doing?" He said "shooting their players with footballs". I was so grateful for him making me laugh as I'd sat the length of half time holding back tears. I've been the same since. There is a lack of unity between those that love the club. The set up at the club is so complicated that I fear people are wasting time and energy chasing an overly simple "masterton out" solution. Discussions simply have to begin, this press release chess has to stop. Everyone wants the pars to live on, most of us don't have the knowledge or understanding (or money) to fully grasp what is required to ensure this. Masterton is stuck in a corner, alone with the facts. He needs coaxed out in order for fans to unite and save the club, not kicked further in. Is this possible? I don't know, if not, it's game's a bogie.

Its posts like this that make you humble.Football is more than a game, if you dont understand that then you are fucked .

Ever since people calling themselves business men started getting hold of football clubs, particularly clubs aspiring to be part of the small top flight since it's ugly birth (SPL), there has BEEN this Icarus Syndrome running rampant through the game.

TV money and the resultant excessive groping for revenues and exposure from it is what lies at the root of Clubs going supernova. Smaller clubs, and by that I mean the MAJORITY, understand their place and consequently operate within realistic parameters, have chairmen and boards who are genuinely part of the community and fully understand the non-fiscal side to a football club and it's core fanbase.

Not so the suits who add football clubs to their "portfolios" solely to have some bragging rights amongst their own kind and possibly win contracts or other business contacts along the way. All of this is done using BORROWED monies from banks, investors and other, often untraceable or accountable sources. Theirs is the world of the credit snowball disguised as corporate governance which, in austere financial conditions such as we have now, leads to calamities like this.

When it goes tits up, these charlatans feel no pain or loss other than the one in the balance sheet......it's a 'blip' off their corporate radar, nothing more.

In my utopian ideal, there is no live tv other than sold out cup finals, all games start at 3pm on Sat or 7.30 midweek. Clubs are restricted to 3 foreign nationals on their books and an under 21's league organised on a regional basis.

Chase money and fame if you like, but do so within sustainable parameters, or the outcome may be a nightmare rather than a dream.

I think that local grounds should be owned by the council so that no matter what it will always be used for football even if it's just part time or juniors.

The Stadia Group was just ridiculous and should never have been allowed to happen. Who the **** wants to use a football stadium for a conference centre?

Pie in the sky bollocks.

It's a horrible horrible situation at Dunfermline. As Reynard said, these problems have been simmering away for years and you always felt it would come one day. It's looking more likely every day that this is becoming a situation which cannot be resolved and that is truly harrowing.

I think that local grounds should be owned by the council so that no matter what it will always be used for football even if it's just part time or juniors.

The Stadia Group was just ridiculous and should never have been allowed to happen. Who the **** wants to use a football stadium for a conference centre?

Pie in the sky bollocks.

Councils are just as strapped for cash as anyone and are, in reality, more vulnerable to selling land assets than acquiring them unfortunately.

In my foggy memory of occupations past, I'm sure there is, howev)er, something in the planning laws and regulatory guidance that provides for councils being allowed to designate particular areas of land to specific uses. It's not always just about wildlife conservation (please note I pass up the obvious sniping opportunity there ;) ) there's a requirement to provide for social amenity planning too.

The big fat hurdle though? The present private (corporate) ownership of the ground. Potentially Fat Boy Slims' buy out option.

Someone in the council could look at declaring the site a Special Interest Zone and thereby knock a sizeable chunk off its commercial value? Might force him off the nest...?. These are avenues worthy of investigation though

Edited by GreenockRover

Pie in the sky bollocks.

We are assuming that the local council has any interest in the local football club to begin with, I am of the opinion that the vast majority of our councillers are season ticket holders at one or other of the Ugly Sisters and have no interest whatsoever in the clubs that lie within their jurisdiction.

Any chance Cowden can have the floodlights?

Any chance of Cowden getting the ground? Masterton will kill off the Pars while the Brewsters have already taken our stadium.

When Yorkston and Calderwood arrived to replace such sound football men like Woodrow and the Paton/Campbell set-up the game was a bogey. Their egos were sickening and Masterton was just as bad, overseeing the amazing amount of debt Pars now find themselves trying to battle.

That's why I could never bring myself to sing the wee team song as felt we were cheating by spending what we didn't have.

Like some arrogant arsehole in a Ferrari on tic beeping at a Skoda on the motorway.

36673.jpg

Councils are just as strapped for cash as anyone and are, in reality, more vulnerable to selling land assets than acquiring them unfortunately.

In my foggy memory of occupations past, I'm sure there is, howev)er, something in the planning laws and regulatory guidance that provides for councils being allowed to designate particular areas of land to specific uses. It's not always just about wildlife conservation (please note I pass up the obvious sniping opportunity there ;) ) there's a requirement to provide for social amenity planning too.

The big fat hurdle though? The present private (corporate) ownership of the ground. Potentially Fat Boy Slims' buy out option.

Someone in the council could look at declaring the site a Special Interest Zone and thereby knock a sizeable chunk off its commercial value? Might force him off the nest...?. These are avenues worthy of investigation though

I think that local amenities like parks and football grounds should be 'green belt' type areas - protected for the well being of the residents.

Not a money thing just have it so the council can control what goes on it only after consultation with a quango or something.

Pie in the sky bollocks.

Fife Council have to find 60 million in savings, so, no.

Fife Council have to find 60 million in savings, so, no.

Whit!?!?

Thats a big number Zen..... Fuckity f**k!

Trying to save that amount of money in a yearly budget kills any idea of council backing really....Special Interest or any other scheme.... Wow.

Edited by GreenockRover

Any chance of Cowden getting the ground?

Not such a bad shout Bleu. Morton have the old St Mirren stand and seating tucked in land behind one of their goals. I'm guessing if they're promoted then it will be utilised to provide additional capacity in the SPL next season. When the Pars go tits, if the ground is going to be knocked down for housing then it would be of some value to Cowden to get hold of the steel structure and other components being scrapped to make way for the new development. Could be the beginnings of a tidy wee ground for the Blue Brazil.

Not such a bad shout Bleu. Morton have the old St Mirren stand and seating tucked in land behind one of their goals. I'm guessing if they're promoted then it will be utilised to provide additional capacity in the SPL next season. When the Pars go tits, if the ground is going to be knocked down for housing then it would be of some value to Cowden to get hold of the steel structure and other components being scrapped to make way for the new development. Could be the beginnings of a tidy wee ground for the Blue Brazil.

0.000000000000000000001/10

Protest march plan seems to be progressing nicely, one of the people organising is asking the council nicely if there's a possibility of them waiving the 28 day notice period.