Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Clubs don't go bust, because they pay transfer fees they can't afford. They go bust because they have larger squads than they can afford, and more crucially pay wages they can ill afford. Transfer fees are a one off hit; wages are a recuring cost. Matt Hardie was a loan player, but your team took the responsibilty for paying his wages over St Johnstone.

This is why league reconstruction is happening. When the bottom of the SPL gets ten times more money than what you get for winning division 1, then its going to create an unhealthy financial disparity within the game. It was no coincidence that all clubs in division 1 were in financial difficulty ten years ago. After the top league threw the toys out of the pram and started hogging all the resources. There is a big difference between losing 1-2 hundred thousand and 1-2 million every year when your average gates are between 2-3k each year. When we get league reconstruction our club will be in profit.

f**k, no wonder we are up shit creek without a paddle if we managed to offer matt hardie more wages than wwe...

But aye, again, hardie was a free transfer

We cheated Raith out of the title buy signing and not paying for players, we deserve all the abuse we get from Raith fans.

Maybe our board just realised it wasnt a gamble worth taking, I know being classed the wee team irritates me considering we have tried to budget and Dunfy havent.I think now its come back to bites you on the bum

That's why I could never bring myself to sing the wee team song as felt we were cheating by spending what we didn't have.

Like some arrogant arsehole in a Ferrari on tic beeping at a Skoda on the motorway.

That's why I could never bring myself to sing the wee team song as felt we were cheating by spending what we didn't have.

Like some arrogant arsehole in a Ferrari on tic beeping at a Skoda on the motorway.

Christ o mighty it will be the first time i agree with a Pars fan, Nice and refreshing to see a bit of honesty.

In defence of the Pars fans, the few who turned up today gave the team a good ovation. 0-4 down at half time yet they still got an ovation and again at full time. You can't expect DAFC to be any different to any other team in terms of numpty fans per capita.

Don't worry I'm sure you'll do what Airdrie fans did in their dying days and start cheering the oposition (not that it wasn't a legitimate way of protesting).

f**k me never thought of that...its probably just as well though i would dread to think the state we could have been in now if we had went up unprepared.

I heard it straight from Turnball's mouth and he confirmed that we would have gotten 450k as an initial installment had we gone up that year, and would have blown that on upgrading our facilities in order to comply with SPL regulations i.e. USH and press facilities. By the time we got our other 450k towards the end of the season. We would have long been relagated, due to having no money to bring in better players.

Fair do's. I, and I'm sure most Rovers fans are the same, don't want the Pars to die. Pars fans are football fans too, and seeing your club in that state is hard. Most of us have been there done that etc (perhaps not quite to that extent). Not impossible for Rovers to be in danger soon either.

However, some Pars fans have been lording it up for years about how much of a big team they were - there was always going to be some comeback to that.

Are the Pars players just going through the motions now? Who could blame them as they aren't being payed the wages due and are being treated like dirt by Masterton. I also feel for the anonymous employees of the club who also aren't being payed. I know one person myself who has young children and has bills to try to pay.

This situation has to be addressed now by the footballing authorities as it is a disgrace. Dunfermline FC are no longer a viable business and should be forced into administration. They are a Zombie club and need a bullet in the head.

A new Dunfermline has to be born and build again from the bottom. The community can rebuild the club they love. It may take many years but it can be done. What is going on at present just can't go on. Mastertons futile desire to salvage his money is long gone along with his reputation.

it benefits both fans to have a derby.

Unless you are on either side of the Old Firm, in which case you never, ever, ever want to play your big rival again. :thumsup2

The next meeting of them is, of course, a guaranteed sell out :1eye

What the hell has changed at Dunfermline? The club has been carrying shed-loads of debt of ages, Nothing has changed here, The fans should keep calm and back the club.

The directors walked out late last year.

What the hell has changed at Dunfermline? The club has been carrying shed-loads of debt of ages, Nothing has changed here, The fans should keep calm and back the club.

B ollocks.....

All clubs need to realise that operating outside their income streams is even more of a gamble than it used to be.

Cut your cloth to suit.... equals survive.

Overspend to try for bigger prizes and fail... equals death.

Everything else is perpetuating the myth that getting into the top flight is going to solve any financial weaknesses in a club.

You'd think business suits would fucking understand this, but in fact it is these ass wipes that simply think debt is something to leave behind if it goes tits up.

Not to worry though eh? SFA rewrote the club/business relationship aspect to allow this to happen so "clubs" are technically "immortal".

SFA, SPL, SevCo et all, ....as corrupt as the wan kers in the banking industry.

3 Mar 2013The
Scottish Mail on Sunday By Andrew Picken

RBS calls in £600,000 loan to ex-boss of bank

THE taxpayer-owned RBS has called in a £600,000 loan to the former boss of a
rival Scottish bank.

A company wholly owned by Gavin Masterton, ex-managing director of the Bank of
Scotland, was allowed the loan after he personally guaranteed around half the
cash.

But bosses at RBS, which posted a £5 billion annual loss last week, have become
irritated with the firm missing repayments and have started moves to try to get
the money back.

It is understood Mr Masterton’s company, Charlestown Holdings Limited (CHL),
also owes money to HMRC over unpaid tax bills and has missed a number of
deadlines.

Mr Masterton’s complex business empire – which includes his ailing football
team Dunfermline Athletic – faces an uncertain future.

The public purse could lose millions as another of his firms has a separate £12
million loan from the state-backed Bank of Scotland.

Also, the future of Dunfermline Athletic – which has struggled to pay wages and
tax bills all season – is in doubt, as it is part of the CHL group.

Over the past few weeks, we have revealed the extraordinarily close ties
between the Fife businessman and his former
employer.

Bank of Scotland wrote off a £4 million loan to a company owned by Mr Masterton
– then sanctioned the £12 million loan to another of his companies that allowed
it to skip repayments for the next 35 years.

A source close to the club said: ‘This RBS loan will be news to many people.

‘It feels like all these complex layers of companies and loans is finally
catching up with Gavin and it looks like bad news for both the taxpayer and
fans the football team.’

Dunfermline Athletic and CHL last week broke Companies House rules by failing
to lodge their latest accounts.

The move came as a £500,000 share issue at the football club faltered.

In a separate development, it has also emerged that CHL owes Stagecoach tycoon
Sir Brian Souter nearly £1 million in a loan due to be repaid next year.

Mr Masterton, who retired from Bank of Scotland in 2001 with a £250,000-a-year
pension, has contacted the Scottish Government for help.

However, Holyrood officials insist they are only providing advice on how to
reduce his team’s electricity bills.

A Scottish Government spokesman said: ‘While we do not intervene between energy
consumers and suppliers, Dunfermline Athletic have asked us for advice on how
to reduce their electricity bills. We are engaging with the club on this
basis.’

Asked about CHL owing money to HMRC, a spokesman for Mr Masterton said: ‘Our
client considers that your inquiries relate to commercial matters which are
confidential to the parties concerned.

‘Accordingly, it is not appropriate for these to be commented on. Our client
respects the right of any party he or his company transacts with to have their
contractual rights and obligations remain private.’

The spokesman failed to respond to a request for a comment on the RBS loan.

A spokesman for RBS also declined to comment.'