Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Re: football forum only
Topic Originator: buffy
Date: Mon 25 Feb 11:14

Facebook isn't outwith the realms either it would seem.
I've just been asked to remove a joke comment from my fbook page.
Marbles indeed

DAFC.knit - email in profile

I would not be surprised if Dunfermline go into administration next week, after Thistle beat them and they realise that any hope of getting promoted is well and truly over. Ten points, slate wiped clean with HMRC etc, on we go. It's how the big teams roll.

Do you live in a cave. Admin is not an option. We have no assets to administrate. There is nothing to offer creditors even 1p in the pound. Zero. Nowt. Liquidation is the next step. Please don't wish that on us.

Excellent stuff from the Under 20's. A rare bit of good news!

I think this will also help my prediction of Potter getting made gaffer this summer. Would love JJ to stay but why would he want to under these conditions? I think it's telling that some of the players have been thanking fans online. Apart from the coaching staff, it almost seems like we're the only ones on their side.

I actually think Potter would make a good manager. Always seems to get on well with the players and is doing really well with the Under-20's. Would be keen to see JP made manager with a fair few from the Under-20's promoted to the first team. Get rid of the likes of Kirk, Gallacher, Dowie, Barrowman, etc. Would much rather see home-grown talent play for us.

Were there many at the U20 game yesterday? I've been to 2 or 3 of the U20 games this season, would go more often if I could make it, and I would really recommend it, tbh. The price is cheap (£2), the football is good and they win a lot of games too. We are really lucky to have such a great youth team coming through - sadly, it's all coming good at the wrong time! :(

It's good to see the TPC meeting, unconditionally, with GM, if Masterton accepts. Provided that there hasn't been any statements released on COWS - as of yet anyway!!! - then I'd guess:
a) Masterton hasn't received this correspondance yet and we can expect a statement to follow soon
or
b) Masterton has agreed to meet them!

What I'm curious about is this:
For the people who back TPC, would you back the Share Issue if TPC endorsed and/or contributed to it? I can see this happening tbh, as I firmly believe Masterton realises he must work with TPC in some way to "keep the fans on his side" (I know this won't be the case, as everyone wants him out - but TPC coming on to the BoD in some capacity may be the stepping stone required, and a new era can unfold at DAFC * crosses fingers!!! *. COYP! :):D)

and the madness continues

One of the other Admins Peter has been black carded and all his posts deleted, r yellow cards already dished out to anyone daring to post a topic relating to the club's finances, or why there posts have been censored. They even asked someone to remove a comment the made on Facebook. This is bizarre!!!

TBF, I black carded myself, couldn't stand the stench of censorship any longer and didn't want to be associated with that sort of nonsence.

Edited by parsville

Blair Henderson & Kerr Young looked pretty decent yesterday. Young is a fucking tank of a centre half!

Lewis Martin has got absolutely fantastic potential, his reading of the game is brilliant, Kerr Young could be a solid 2nd division Cb IMO. Not a bad player at all though.

TBF, I black carded myself, couldn't stand the stench of censorship any longer and didn't want to be associated with that sort of nonsence.

Good on you Peter.

It's like a wake on this thread tonight. Has every pars fan come to conclusion that liquidation beckons? The share issue in my opinion may see us through a few more weeks but I think the underlying issues of too many liabilities and insufficient income will make it just a matter of time before there is an insolvency event. Sad times...

I have just read Jefferies interview on the pars website. Grim reading.

But a little insight into the wage bill suggests that the average wage of £500/week gives a monthly salary of a bit over 2 grand. Multiply this by 22 (size of squad) and I make that £50k per calendar month. Where is the other £150k of monthly liabilities? Management, stewarding, catering and back office plus utilities and misc overheads surely can't be three times the first team budget? Am I missing something here?