Walking Down The Halbeath Road

This whole sorry saga seems to be able to drag itself out for an eternity without coming to a head. I can't see what choice the squad have but to complain to the SFL via the Players Union if they're outstanding wages and bonuses dating back to October last year. You'd imagine the Pars would be hit by a transfer embargo (which would be a pointless punishment in all honesty), a fine would seem to be an equally pointless punishment (and hinder the club's ability to fulfil it's debts to the players and the rest of their creditors). That would leave a points deduction as the only relevant and meaningful punishment left to the SFL to dish out to Dunfermline. You could see the appropriateness of deducting some of the points won by the club that they effectively haven't been able to afford or pay for.

This whole sorry saga seems to be able to drag itself out for an eternity without coming to a head. I can't see what choice the squad have but to complain to the SFL via the Players Union if they're outstanding wages and bonuses dating back to October last year. You'd imagine the Pars would be hit by a transfer embargo (which would be a pointless punishment in all honesty), a fine would seem to be an equally pointless punishment (and hinder the club's ability to fulfil it's debts to the players and the rest of their creditors). That would leave a points deduction as the only relevant and meaningful punishment left to the SFL to dish out to Dunfermline. You could see the appropriateness of deducting some of the points won by the club that they effectively haven't been able to afford or pay for.

I agree, and not simply because it would likely benefit Rovers . Clubs who can't afford their wages deserve punishment. A transfer ban should go without saying and fining a club is ridiculous. The only suitable punishment is a points deduction which kinda reclaims points that wouldn't have been won if you had a squad you could actually afford!

Pars youngsters played well today - 3-0 up at half time, should've buried it at the start of the second half but Inverness got a couple of goals back to make it a nervy second half. But great credit to the under 20s for reaching the semi final.

Number of posts by Beachbum on dedicated Dunfermline thread: 56

Number of posts by Beachbum on dedicated Raith Rovers thread: 37

:lol:

It could have something to do with dishonesty, denial, obscene levels of debt, duplicity, etc, etc, etc.

Rovers' threads are hopelessly boring by comparison.

A points deduction is only fair. At least 10.

I suppose it would give Raith a tiny chance of finishing above us for the first time since John Major was running the country......

His governance kick started the many cooking shows on tv, teaching us all how not to f**k up a curry.

Excellent stuff from the Under 20's. A rare bit of good news!

I think this will also help my prediction of Potter getting made gaffer this summer. Would love JJ to stay but why would he want to under these conditions? I think it's telling that some of the players have been thanking fans online. Apart from the coaching staff, it almost seems like we're the only ones on their side.

dot netters saying that we're due Accies £7K for the cup game and they've lodged at complaint to SFA.

So how many clubs have we pissed off now?

Cowden, Falkirk, Raith Rovers, Saint Johnstone, Livvy....

Can only see us going bust now, what a fecking mess.

dot netters saying that we're due Accies £7K for the cup game and they've lodged at complaint to SFA.

So how many clubs have we pissed off now?

Cowden, Falkirk, Raith Rovers, Saint Johnstone, Livvy....

Can only see us going bust now, what a fecking mess.

TBF you piss everyone off.