Walking Down The Halbeath Road

DAFC comment re Libellous Document

0,,10288~4062595,00.jpg

Further to a highly defamatory document being issued on the internet over the weekend, DAFC is now seeking legal advice to ensure the perpetrators are called to account for their actions.

DAFC will not stand for defamatory and libellous remarks being made against any of its employees or board members and are sickened by this further attack on the Club by individuals motivated for personal gain.

We are heartened by the notes of support from fans and members of the football industry and will press ahead with the share issue to secure the financial future of this much-loved football Club.

The above article is a response on the club website to 'allegations' recently made. It can be found here.

I reckon those who have posted re the article on here are all for it. Shame on you all. Expect a dawn raid.

no response to the Mail on Sunday article though...

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Thanks for taking the time to put these questions and answers up.

I can't believe that the same things are being said. How can we be proud of being the best club in Scotland outside the two big cities if it has caused all this grief?

Also shocked by the statement GM has already underwritten the club by 14m.

What does this mean exactly? How can he do this if his companies are in such large debts? Who is backing him, why did we have to take such large wage cuts in the Calderwood years if so? Really confused by this.

I can't believe that the same things are being said. How can we be proud of being the best club in Scotland outside the two big cities if it has caused all this grief?

What does this mean exactly? How can he do this if his companies are in such large debts? Who is backing him, why did we have to take such large wage cuts in the Calderwood years if so? Really confused by this.

Big two, then comes Aberdeen, Dundee, Inverness, Stirling, Elgin, Brechin etc.

As Zen says, do you genuinely believe you're bigger than Aberdeen, the Dundee teams, Caley? Even the likes of Kilmarnock in recent years. As for cutting wages during the Calderwood era, given that wages were reportedly 170% over the turnover, is it any surprise? No club can live like that. I don't mean to come across as being patronising or kicking the club while they're down, but the financial structure of the Pars has been rotten for years.

The line that we've been successful is almost as ridiculous as the blaming of away fans. Even if we have been successful, which is certainly debateable, nothing we have accomplished is worth all the shite we're dealing with now. It's a meaningless statement. It's like saying how pretty your house is while it's burning to the ground.

yep appears to be regurgatated with the odd chang in wording

Edited by Rovers_Lad

As Zen says, do you genuinely believe you're bigger than Aberdeen, the Dundee teams, Caley? Even the likes of Kilmarnock in recent years. As for cutting wages during the Calderwood era, given that wages were reportedly 170% over the turnover, is it any surprise? No club can live like that. I don't mean to come across as being patronising or kicking the club while they're down, but the financial structure of the Pars has been rotten for years.

Not now but I would agree with the statement from Masterton that outside Glasgow and Hearts we were the fourth best team in Scotland for a couple of seasons. I would also argue that we were a better footballing team than Hearts at that time as they were managed by Levein and basically were a team of bullies and arseholes like Pressley, Neilson etc. We outplayed them most of the time but were then pushed around a bit. We were definitely better than Dundee United and Aberdeen and beat them quite easily. We finished fourth twice, I think, and got to three cup finals in less than a decade. If Calderwood was kept on we would have probably got to the UEFA league.

Having said all this the cost of this was not worth the good couple of seasons as it was all false. Unless we were backed by a billionaire then there was no point to it. It seems like we racked up huge debts then rather than go into admin Masterton, to save face, was given a way out by selling of the club's assets to secure another loan and then kept overspending.

I was referring to a quote on questions and answers from the board to the fans group. I have been against the overspending since it came out in the Calderwood era. I just can't believe that our directors are proud of overspending and ruining a local football club.

During our "successful" period, we were 4th because Aberdeen, Hibs, United & others were fucking rubbish. This helped us achieve higher league positions than we should have.

Fast forward to 2013 & it's difficult to grasp how much cash was getting thrown at shite football players 10 years ago. Pointless comparing the 2 decades in my opinion.

I'm more disgusted how our club has behaved in the last 3 or 4 years during a recession. The majority of clubs at this level have stripped back to the bare bones, whereas we've stuck our collective fingers in our ears & carried on regardless.