Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I left after GM and co were finished with their part, sounds like i missed some fun.

You didn't really, it descended into farce

Did anyone find out the result of the vote out of interest ?

Edited by GordieBoy80

Ok an interesting evening at the "Pars Alive" meeting tonight. Will just go through the notes I took during the meeting and what I think were the key points.

• Masteron and the Board are "very, very confident" that they have been successful in their time at the club.
  • Dunfermline Athletic pays no rent for East End Park and won't for the next 25-30 years
  • Youth development costs around £200K per annum (Under 20 and Under 17 squads. Under 17s are run by "Black and White")
  • Club has no bank debt.
  • Professional accountant helped with budget and all Board members looked it over and agreed with it
  • Home crowds are up but blame for cash flow issues was placed on very low away crowds and lack of home fixtures. The example given was Rovers who overall brought 2000 less to EEP this season compared to our last season in the First Division.
  • Pars in the Community offer is/was "completely unacceptable" GM reasoning for this was a lack of transparency of who exactly is involved and was also unhappy at stories in the media.
  • Club is implenting a share issue. It is ready to go, pending legal approval.
  • If successful, three supporters would be brought onto the Board. Shares were likely to be £1 each. Advantages of buying shares and the hierarchy of the proposed new club structure were shown on the screen. I am going to try and get my hands on those slides as I think it would be beneficial for as many people to look them over as possible.
  • 8 week plan to sort the short term cash flow issues which includes the moving of Pitreavie to the charitable Pars Trust. This will remove a cost to the club and GM says that they will be able to pay HMRC "every last penny owed"
  • GM talked about a potential sponsorship deal that would be "probably the biggest in the club's history" He mentioned that it had gone cold recently though due to club in-fighting and uncertainity.
  • It costs the club £200k per month just to keep the club alive. £2.4 million per year. Club is looking to reduce this to £150K from next season.
  • Crucial that the club continues its development of young players. Example was given that the midfield against Livingston's combined age and wages were equal to Martin Hardie last season (This was a joke by GM, I should point out!)
  • Club has a higher average attendance than St Johnstone but they received £1.2 million at the start of the season from the SPL whilst DAFC have only received £10K at this time from the SFL.
  • Bob Purvis said that GM was "shellshocked" when five directors walked out on the club.
  • BP was also "disgusted" by comments written online about GM, saying he had dedicated his life to DAFC and he had been treated "like a criminal"
  • John Yorkston discussed the SFL meeting at Hampden he had attended earlier in the day. He said not a single club was in favour of the 12-12-18 set up but the proposal ticked a lot of boxes and was the only offer on the table.
  • Up to 2nd and 3rd division clubs to decide whether they want two leagues of 10 or one league of 18 below the top two divisions.
  • Under the proposals, there would be no relegation from the 1st Division this season.
  • BP said that Scottish Power were "out of order" with their penalty charges and the club has contacted the Scottish Government. A question from the floor later queried whether the club felt Scottish Power were acting illegally and BP hinted that he had people looking into that possibility.
  • Wages have not been fully paid. Players received 65%, coaching staff 40% and non-playing staff 70%. (I may have those figures wrong but it's what I wrote down)

I think that's about everything. If anyone else wants to fill in the blanks or add something to the points, then feel free. Also, let me know if I've missed anything out or misquoted somebody etc.

Ok an interesting evening at the "Pars Alive" meeting tonight. Will just go through the notes I took during the meeting and what I think were the key points.

• Masteron and the Board are "very, very confident" that they have been successful in their time at the club.

Oh dear.

According to The Dunfermline Press Masterton has " invested " ( Pissed away ) £ 8 Million pounds into Dunfermline FC!

If this is even remotely true then the man is an idiot of epic proportions and should be taken into care and put into a secure environment in a place of safety as soon as possible.

No wonder the banks crashed and fucking burned with retards like this in charge of them.

You missed out the guy talking about an auction? I had it on as background noise but it went a little like: "Just any little things...someone offered his services as a gardener for a day...I thought that was nice. Someone gave £80!" and "one time we went to auction and I had nothing and someone bought nothing off me for £20! I thought that was nice." If that was anyone here, sorry, but my ears were bleeding when he was talking. Which was for about 10 minutes listing a load of these relatively trivial things.

I can also remember Yorkston (think it was him) had a couple of jokes that went down well in the room. Think the first was about Cowdenbeath getting relegated, then he thought he was on a roll and made a joke about McCoist. Got about half the reaction as the first one, but I think he'll be happy with that.

• Home crowds are up but blame for cash flow issues was placed on very low away crowds and lack of home fixtures. The example given was Rovers who overall brought 2000 less to EEP this season compared to our last season in the First Division.

I still can't get my head around this being used an excuse. How are other clubs in our division who have played a similar number of fixtures at home able to function ok?

You missed out the guy talking about an auction? I had it on as background noise but it went a little like: "Just any little things...someone offered his services as a gardener for a day...I thought that was nice. Someone gave £80!" and "one time we went to auction and I had nothing and someone bought nothing off me for £20! I thought that was nice." If that was anyone here, sorry, but my ears were bleeding when he was talking. Which was for about 10 minutes listing a load of these relatively trivial things.

Poet had left by that point and in hindsight I should have left earlier than I did