Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Full details of all auction items and date of when bidding stops:

Closing Wednesday 12 December:

The chance for your child to be a mascot for the day, including a stadium tour, kids replica top and 2 free adult tickets.

... Closing Thursday 13 December:

A personalised limited edition signed print of Roy Barry, a limited edition print of Norrie McCathie (kindly provided by Rodney Shearer) plus a spend home match day with Roy and friends.

Closing Friday 14 December:

Adult mascot for one match for you or a friend; 2 teas, 2 pies and a programme for the rest of the season (11 matches) and a signed 2012/13 home top

Closing Saturday 15 December:

2 tickets for Burns Supper at the Top Table on Friday 25th January with Jim Leishman and Eric Davidson

Closing Sunday 16 December:

A 10 year DAFC season ticket (worth £1775 for the McCathie Stand and £2150 for the main stand) -

(Reserve price £500)

Closing Monday 17 December:

A day of golf with Jim Leishman and Jim Jefferies for 2 with lunch

Closing Tuesday 18 December:

Guest of Jim Leishman in the Boardroom for 2 for the home match against Falkirk Boxing Day with stadium tour

Closing Wednesday 19 December:

2 seats at the Top Table at the DAFC Annual Sportsman's Dinner with the guest speakers and nominees

Closing Thursday 20 December:

Guest of Jim Leishman in the Boardroom for 2 for the home match against Raith Rovers 2nd January with stadium tour

Closing Friday 21 December:

2 seats on the team bus for an away game including two free tickets (Reserve Price £100)

Closing Saturday 22 December:

Signed & Framed CIS Cup Final 2006 Strip (Reserve price £300)

Closing Sunday 23 December:

Norrie McCathie's strip from Season 1995/96 - (Reserve Price £300)

posted this on .net, but it obviously has relevance here too, in fairness I feel utterly dejected after last night.

I was at the meeting last night and voted no to the funds being given to the club. I can understand why some people voted yes however I stuck by my stance before this process started on what I wanted funds to be raised for.

Taking aside other facts that I am aware of / banded around town lets looks at how the situation as it sits just now without them

Last night at the meeting it was ascertained right at the start that the steering group was given some financial information on Thursday and was given permission to publish some details at the meeting last night (they were asked not to publish the info prior to the meeting). To make things clear, everyone on the steering group was invited to the meeting with the club except the only member who is not affiliated to an official fan group (and probably the guy I would trust most out of the group, not offence to the others). The statement was read I am sure the details have been posted previously on this forum somewhere already.

From the outset I have said that any money given should lead to full transparency of the clubs finances (drip feed information and half truths are fundamentally useless if you do not know the full picture) and I actually raised this at the first fans meeting as our fundamental first goal. During the debate that lasted an hour and a half, questions on what we owe were asked (initially looking for details then a ball park figure of the total owed) which would not be provided by the club. The question on HMRC "how much do we owe in total"? was asked and "the next payment date"?, this could not be provided as the club wouldn't answer the question. They were also asked what the total Scottish power bill was and had DAFC in some way already paid money towards this, again this wasn't answered by the club apparently. To put this in perspective last night a member of the steering group said "If we ask woolly questions we get woolly answers". Sounds like specifics are being asked and are either not being provided or the steering group have been told to keep quiet, either way not much help when deciding on the vote

Lets take a step back here 6 + weeks ago the first meeting was arranged shotgun style in legends, not many people were aware on what scale we were in trouble or what the outstanding debts were. During that meeting there was a consensus that this shouldn't happen again, no more surprises, no leaving the situation to rot until a shotgun meeting is called. Last night again people were called in and told we need an electricity arrears paid (which has obviously been building up for some considerable amount of time.) Think about this logically guys, the only debts the fans have been informed of are 1 – The HMRC payment which was already in arrears (and certainly not the first time a payment has been missed) and two weeks from the **** hitting that fan and would become public knowledge anyway ,2- Players and staff wages not being paid which would always come out into the press, 3- The third debt for electricity built up over X amount of weeks/months, when the situation has gotten to a stage of the brink of cutting off the power again when the lights go out it would be in the press in a matter of a few days. What's the next bill that will be run up not paid and a shotgun meeting called to ask for the already out of pocket small diehard support we have to fund? Or more importantly what other debts do we have?

We have given up our only bargaining chip to essentially getting no more financial information to the wider audience of fans, we now have no money and back at square one except now the fans are divided and the club still doesn't feel the need to divulge anything it doesn't want to until it needs a quick bit of cash for the next crisis it lurchs onto.

Edit- Out of interest could comeone from the steering group confirm if we have any outstanding debtors to the clubs (out of curiosity)?

I actually spoke to a fan last night who seemed convinced that if we go into administratrion all would be fine, well if theres no money to pay administrator fee's then liquidation is the route it would follow

From the outset I have said that any money given should lead to full transparency of the clubs finances (drip feed information and half truths are fundamentally useless if you do not know the full picture) and I actually raised this at the first fans meeting as our fundamental first goal. During the debate that lasted an hour and a half, questions on what we owe were asked (initially looking for details then a ball park figure of the total owed) which would not be provided by the club. The question on HMRC "how much do we owe in total"? was asked and "the next payment date"?, this could not be provided as the club wouldn't answer the question. They were also asked what the total Scottish power bill was and had DAFC in some way already paid money towards this, again this wasn't answered by the club apparently. To put this in perspective last night a member of the steering group said "If we ask woolly questions we get woolly answers". Sounds like specifics are being asked and are either not being provided or the steering group have been told to keep quiet, either way not much help when deciding on the vote

All these unanswered questions point to the debt being more than what they`re letting on.Much the same along at Starks

how grim can it get ? selling Christmas trees, car boot sales auctions for tat, TOTALY worthless pieces of paper called share certificates, dire times indeed

Apparently the club have been investing in some tartan paint as a back up in case the Xmas tree idea does not raise enough cash.

Id wager if the utilities havent been paid for then other bills havent either.

Water, council rates, policing, stewarding, food etc..

Id also wager that the owner doesnt want to go down the Rangers path as then the books will

be open to scrutiny from REAL money men.

Fans should support the Club they support when it is in trouble, that is what Fans do, but it should be with the transparent knowledge of what (in this case) the financial support is going to and what the long term plan is to mean no more is required. Neither of those criteria appear to be being given by the Clubs board and/ or Majority Shareholder.

Buyer beware!

Edited by swedishsale

Pars fans are not being shown any respect by those in the know. There is far too much secrecy with the top men ready to take money from genuine fans but refusing to divulge the full facts about the financial situation. Even the auction is being held in secret!

I wonder if millionaire Bob Purvis knows the full financial picture. Surely the lecky bill is chicken feed to him and could have been settled without the begging bowl being put out.