Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Looks like Thistle's next trip to EEP will be mid-week, as the Scottish Cup QF's are scheduled for when we're due to play there. sad.gif

That's assuming the plucky underdogs don't pull off a shock! Although from what I have witnessed of both Dumbarton and Hamilton it will be an epic upset. Is there not a free Saturday when the game could be played, for example when the Semi-Finals take place assuming we go out in the Quarters?

That's assuming the plucky underdogs don't pull off a shock! Although from what I have witnessed of both Dumbarton and Hamilton it will be an epic upset. Is there not a free Saturday when the game could be played, for example when the Semi-Finals take place assuming we go out in the Quarters?

Nope. The only free Saturday between now and the end of the Season is R5 day, where we will, probably, play Cowdenbeath in our re-arranged postponement from Saturday coming.

Time for a reality check:

http://dafc.info/for...27364&t=1227364

Are we meant to raise money so that the club can keep the squad and JJ and win promotion to the SPL? So that the Board can then f**k it all up again?

Will not be giving them any extra cash until the actual people in charge come out and spell out what is happening and what is needed done. Not "forummer with a source" shite that we've had so far.

Not "forummer with a source" shite that we've had so far.

One of the Pars youth coaches informed me that he has not yet been paid, which is as good a source as you will get. I agree with the sentiment though, the board needs to clarify what is exactly happening. Where did this 4k that was raised actually go?

One of the Pars youth coaches informed me that he has not yet been paid, which is as good a source as you will get. I agree with the sentiment though, the board needs to clarify what is exactly happening. Where did this 4k that was raised actually go?

Half of it went to pay the under 20s despite it being said that no money would go to the club.

Half of it went to pay the under 20s despite it being said that no money would go to the club.

But did it? The youth coaches are part of the U20 set-up as well. I'm not going to argue about why the money was actually given to the club, I just want to know if it has actually been used for the purpose it was donated for. Apparently it wasn't.

Are we meant to raise money so that the club can keep the squad and JJ and win promotion to the SPL? So that the Board can then f**k it all up again?

My favourite part is the tiny tears regarding the 'worst case' of only having the Under 20 squad available for matches: other clubs have had to field complete pub-team level players in order to survive, Clyde have fallen through the ranks owing to the shite they could afford as they paid their debt. Not to mention the actual worst case scenario, which is Dunfermline folding, and an all too real prospect given the hopeless levels of debt owed all round.

As much as the title race may well be interesting right now, if the shit hits the fan then performances on the park should be the least of anyone's worries.

I'd like the directors to tell us straight. Agreeing with Poet, this "I've been told" patter is frustrating.

It's been said, but we arguably have the best squad and coaches we've had in about 10 years. We'll need to know what the exact situation is before we can start trying to help it. I'd rather give to Pars Alive etc, knowing how much we have to raise and what we need to do before anything changes.

I'd like the directors to tell us straight. Agreeing with Poet, this "I've been told" patter is frustrating.

If the Directors "told you straight" then your creditors would be hammering down the doors and you'd be utterly fucked. Their confidence in any business is key to sustaining cashflow.

Apparently the £4k cheque was only handed over today. Presumably, this means the U20 players will get some more money put into their bank accounts at some point this week? Btw, for anyone who hasn't read it on .net - the U20 monthly wage budget is £10.5k!