Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Well done, you've proven I incorrectly predicted a football score. Still, us getting horsed probably provides you with more joy than your own team winning, so fair enough.

Yes, I'm sure to believe you have access to exactly the outgoings of DAFC.

I predicted a Thistle win (admittedly not by 5-1) because I dont see Dunfermline as the 'massive club' that some of their delusional players and fans imagine. If there was less of that shite emanating from EEP many of we fans from modest clubs wouldnt be so inclined to gloat when you fall on your arse.

Still, us getting horsed probably provides you with more joy than your own team winning, so fair enough.

To be fair it happens all over the football world. Fans of smaller clubs are always happy when the big clubs are involved in a shock defeat. I certainly have a snigger when clubs like Celtic or Arsenal are gubbed.

To be fair it happens all over the football world. Fans of smaller clubs are always happy when the big clubs are involved in a shock defeat. I certainly have a snigger when clubs like Celtic or Arsenal are gubbed.

Now now Jimmy, we know Pars are a massive club but to equate them with Celtic or Arsenal is going a bit far... ;)

Yes, I'm sure to believe you have access to exactly the outgoings of DAFC.

It came from 'Honk', aka William George, an independent financial adviser and staunch Dunfermline supporter who appears to have the ear of the sensible posters on dot net (are there any?). His figures came as a reply to rumours of monthly outgoings of as much as £140,000. In addition he has a track record of being extremely accurate when posting on dot net to the point that the board would probably like to silence him, so his figures are good enough for me.

It came from 'Honk', aka William George, an independent financial adviser and staunch Dunfermline supporter who appears to have the ear of the sensible posters on dot net (are there any?). His figures came as a reply to rumours of monthly outgoings of as much as £140,000. In addition he has a track record of being extremely accurate when posting on dot net to the point that the board would probably like to silence him, so his figures are good enough for me.

You must spend a fair amount of time on dafc.net to reach this conclusion.

I would have asked these questions on dafc.net but I'd most likely be accused of being a troll or if they realised that I'm not a troll I wouldn't get an answer anyway because they don't seem to allow any questions about the directors on the football board.

I'm confused by the bizarre set up. They have a football board of directors managed by DAFC Ltd. All non football events, with another board of directors managed by East End events. The youth strategy with yet another board of directors managed by Black and White Ltd. There has also been mention of a trust run by the club too. These are owned by the same man so I don't understand why they have been split into separate groups? It's not like it's a massive company spread throughout different regions that it needs so many directors. I've not got a clue about business so there may be a simple explanation for it but I've never seen it in a football club before. What would that mean if the club were to go through admin? Would it just be one of the companies, who is responsible for the debt, that would go through admin & the others would be safe? Or would they all be in trouble?

I've got other questions but I'll see if anyone can answer that one first for me please? Thanks.

I would have asked these questions on dafc.net but I'd most likely be accused of being a troll or if they realised that I'm not a troll I wouldn't get an answer anyway because they don't seem to allow any questions about the directors on the football board.

I'm confused by the bizarre set up. They have a football board of directors managed by DAFC Ltd. All non football events, with another board of directors managed by East End events. The youth strategy with yet another board of directors managed by Black and White Ltd. There has also been mention of a trust run by the club too. These are owned by the same man so I don't understand why they have been split into separate groups? It's not like it's a massive company spread throughout different regions that it needs so many directors. I've not got a clue about business so there may be a simple explanation for it but I've never seen it in a football club before. What would that mean if the club were to go through admin? Would it just be one of the companies, who is responsible for the debt, that would go through admin & the others would be safe? Or would they all be in trouble?

I've got other questions but I'll see if anyone can answer that one first for me please? Thanks.

I think it will be better as one group of directors can focus solely on youth, the other group on additional revenue and another group on first-team football matters; rather than having one big group of directors dividing their attention between many different things. Maybe now the youth setup can get the attention it deserves.

Yeah, the overall idea is that it'll be horses for courses. I think there's been a lot of distrust at boardroom level as to what money is going where, now those that want to put money in but only to the youth set up can do so without so much fear of it servicing the debt pit. The commercial side is to be run by people who know heehaw about football. Godfather Gavin will still sit atop the pile, still ultimately pulling all the strings.

Makes it easier to hold specific meetings with fewer people needing to be there to push certain decisions through. It is further complication in an already complicated set up though. If we do start the death proceedings, i don't envy the job of whoever's got to pick through the bones.

Edited by gingapar

I think it will be better as one group of directors can focus solely on youth, the other group on additional revenue and another group on first-team football matters; rather than having one big group of directors dividing their attention between many different things. Maybe now the youth setup can get the attention it deserves.

I would assume that each group of directors is paid. The Events Board, for example, is run by Karen Masterton and Tracey Martin, both of whom will command fairly large salaries. If it's the same for the other boards, how are they going to cut expenditure by £400,000 in the next 12 months? Also, when is the Trust Board planning to break even? At the moment they're £59,000 in the red. I wonder how many trusts in Scotland are in negative territory.

Why? How long does it take to read a thread?

You've admited to spending a "fair amount of time" on your rivals message board. That's pretty sad tbh. Bordering on obsession.

So Tracey Martin and Karen Masterton work there for nothing?

That's not what you said. You said:

I would assume that each group of directors is paid.

Which is wrong.

You've admited to spending a "fair amount of time" on your rivals message board. That's pretty sad tbh. Bordering on obsession.

That's not what you said. You said:

Which is wrong.

It is neither sad nor an obsession. I also spend some time on East Fife's website because it's good banter, as it is on here. On match days I visit the opposition's website again because of the banter

Regarding your paid/unpaid directors I suggested that because Karen Masterton and Tracey Martin would appear to be paid that the others would be paid as well. All I'm trying to establish is how many of these umpteen directors are paid. For example, do Yorkston and Masterton take any money out of the club and if so, how much?

You must spend a fair amount of time on dafc.net to reach this conclusion.

I have too but not to point and laugh like most of the opposition fans, I care about all of Scottish football and it angers me that fans are still treated like they don't matter at all, sometimes even like they are a nuisance to certain football boards until they screw up through financial mismanagement and they expect the fans to jump up and raise funds at such short notice to rectify their mistakes (they never inform the fans until they've been caught out in some way and can't deny it anymore) and if the fans can't raise that sum then it's admin, if you're lucky, or liquidation. But what happens to the board who caused the debt? They get to ask for some of their money back through a CVA then they walk off and carry on with their life, no penalty or sacrifice whatsoever. The fans are left to hope & pray that they can keep the club going while paying the debts or CVA payments. I'm sick to death of it, why is there no form of punishment for the boards who do this? Surely the threat of a hefty fine,or not being able to claim back any money due etc would act as a deterrent and stop these chancers from messing with our clubs?

That rant isn't aimed at you Jimmy, I'm just explaining why I spend a fair amount of time on dafc.net

Yeah, the overall idea is that it'll be horses for courses. I think there's been a lot of distrust at boardroom level as to what money is going where, now those that want to put money in but only to the youth set up can do so without so much fear of it servicing the debt pit. The commercial side is to be run by people who know heehaw about football. Godfather Gavin will still sit atop the pile, still ultimately pulling all the strings.

Makes it easier to hold specific meetings with fewer people needing to be there to push certain decisions through. It is further complication in an already complicated set up though. If we do start the death proceedings, i don't envy the job of whoever's got to pick through the bones.

I know that is the club statement on it, but seriously what club at this level needs a board of directors to start up a youth training strategy? It's going to take a while to build up so surely one director is enough until the workload is too heavy for them then they can add more directors? That would be the usual way so there is definitely an ulterior motive, probably to get more cash right now.

Have all the directors from the main football board been placed on the two new boards, or have some remained on the board, or left the club completely?

I would assume that each group of directors is paid. The Events Board, for example, is run by Karen Masterton and Tracey Martin, both of whom will command fairly large salaries. If it's the same for the other boards, how are they going to cut expenditure by £400,000 in the next 12 months? Also, when is the Trust Board planning to break even? At the moment they're £59,000 in the red. I wonder how many trusts in Scotland are in negative territory.

I'm not talking about what anyone is earning, but just so that you know not all directors get paid by football clubs and often you have to pay a sum to be a director on a football club board, 50k I think is the average, so they could have made 150k from the three new directors they have just added.

I don't know what the Hell you are going on about with your claim about Trusts being in debt, so I'll just ignore that. blink.gif

What I want to know is why have 3 different Ltd companies, all owned by the same man, involved in the one club? It seems very weird to me, anyone with business knowledge able to enlighten me as to why this would be favourable over the one company?

I don't know what the Hell you are going on about with your claim about Trusts being in debt, so I'll just ignore that. blink.gif

I was referring to the Pars Trust being in debt to the tune of £59k.

On your other point about directors' remuneration, what you are saying is that Karen Masterton and Tracey Martin pitched in with their £50k and that they are not being paid, My bet is that no they didn't and yes they are.