Walking Down The Halbeath Road

This will come across as a post from a bitter "wee teamer" but I have no sympathy for the Pars at all. Last time in the first, the major difference at the end of the season was Dunfermlines ability to strengthen the squad in the January window.

Like Rangers and Hearts, DA have lorded it over their local rivals for years faking supremacy with money they don't have.

Like I said, no sympathy. Take your medicine and GIRUY in the process!

Good post - and the guys they took on loan they couldn't even pay for.

This has to be seen as very positive news for Dunfermline. Masterton has obviously convinced Bob Purvis to shove some cash into plug the hole in the short terms for a couple of seats on the BoD. My guess is that Purvis will have committed enough loan funds to Dunfermline to cover the tax bills and wages shortfall for the next few months at least. He might even have written off some of the debt due to Purvis companies for work done at EEP, etc. Expect forthcoming announcements on new and extending sponsorship deals with Purvis companies.

After all these years keeping a sensibile distance (but still supporting the club financially from the outside), I'm surprised Bob Purvis has finally been tempted to flush more of that hard-earned cash of his down an EEP toilet, never to be seen again.

They are probably due so much money they demanded a couple of seats on the board in a desperate attempt to get it back.

Folk are owe money all around west Fife.

You can only milk these cows so often - and everybody is feeling the pinch and hence less inclined to chip in - I say chip - we are talking 50-100k a time.

Stop kidding yourself that Bob Purvis is going to be the saviour - he could be part of the solution but you have got to take action yourselves with willing parties, like Purvis on board.

Coming from the team who has had to cut back drastically after overspending in the very same season?

Jog on ya mess

And your point is caller?

That's exactly what you knob cheeses should have been doing, not signing more guys you couldn't afford.

Seems my response to Rob 1885's nonsensical post has already been written by others.

Rovers have a less than perfect history financially and we struggle to make ends meet but for some time we have shown considerable restraint to meet our obligations to the tax man and other creditors.

Dunfermline, like Hearts and Rangers are the major cause of the death of the Scottish game. Inflating player wages and cheating their creditors to fake some sort of supremacy.

And your point is caller?

That's exactly what you knob cheeses should have been doing, not signing more guys you couldn't afford.

You make a few good points, FifeSpud,

But I can't help but see the irony in a Dundee fan lecturing others on financial matters :D

Or are you just keeping your toes in the 1st division forum in anticipation of fuller involvement next year?? ;)

You make a few good points, FifeSpud,

But I can't help but see the irony in a Dundee fan lecturing others on financial matters :D

Or are you just keeping your toes in the 1st division forum in anticipation of fuller involvement next year?? ;)

We've had to take 2 big spoons of nasty medicine as a result if our lack of financial probity. These tossers have been in denial for about 7 years.

I'm here because I want to hear them squealing like stuck pigs.

Why the f**k do the Pars have a manager like Jeffries if they are in the state they are? That's what I can't get my head round.

Dunfermline bought their way out of the SFL last time but the gamble failed. It seems likely they'll try it again as desperation sets in. JJ wont be getting paid peanuts, and watch for another gamble on the player merry-go-round in January. If so, and the gamble fails again the big team in West Fife will be Oakley United.

Edited by Big Berk

Why the f**k do the Pars have a manager like Jeffries if they are in the state they are? That's what I can't get my head round.

Why do we have a manager at all?

Nobody has any idea what the manager, or our players, earn. All people can do is speculate.

And we can pay the manager's wages, clearly. I do hope if we win the derby next week you'll continue to seethe.

:lol:

Far from seething, I'm much entertained by the soap opera along the A92, and eagerly await each new installment :)

PS - I wouldnt put too much confidence in your predictions for next week - remember this one?

Partick Thistle 1-1 Dunfermline

:)

Edited by Big Berk

:lol:

Far from seething, I'm much entertained by the soap opera along the A92, and eagerly await each new installment :)

PS - I wouldnt put too much confidence in your predictions for next week - remember this one?

:)

Well done, you've proven I incorrectly predicted a football score. Still, us getting horsed probably provides you with more joy than your own team winning, so fair enough.

How about a collective £95k a month, excluding the payment plan with HMRC.

Yes, I'm sure to believe you have access to exactly the outgoings of DAFC.

Why do we have a manager at all?

Nobody has any idea what the manager, or our players, earn. All people can do is speculate.

Dunfermline's wage and manager bill will be far higher than Cowdenbeath, Airdrie, Dumbarton etc. That's not really up for dispute. Which given those sides aren't servicing a seven-figure sum of debt, is rather strange.