Walking Down The Halbeath Road

[/font]

You've played 10 league games. 5 at home. 5 away. Same as everyone else. Where is the "lack of home games"?

Would the Ramsdens Cup really have made that much of a difference.

Is that not the biggest crowd average in SFL1? Where is the money generated from these crowds being placed?

Why are small away crowds to be blamed for Dunfermline's financial difficulties?

Not a dig at Grant but i don't understand why this budget tries to point the finger at some many things.

If Dunfermline didn't have such a high budget, then they would not be in these financial difficulties. Is it as simple as that?

ETA: What is this statement for? Can someone provide a link/context for it?

There was a meeting tonight and that's just part of what came out of it.

Link

There was a meeting tonight and that's just part of what came out of it.

Link

This may have been covered but what's "Black and White"?

chieve cash break Even a gradual integration of all football activity into Black & White and develop an income stream to DAFC from this

Edited by South Lanarkshire Jag

Why are small away crowds to be blamed for Dunfermline's financial difficulties?

They're not, however given our board's supreme logic in budgeting for higher crowds than we were ever going to get (they've done this before, and it's never worked) then they'll have hoped for larger away contingents to help soften the blow, as it were. Stunning from our board, I'm sure you'll agree.

I've kept quiet on most of this, mainly because I don't know all the ins and outs but the bottom line is we know the club hasn't been operated on a sensible basis for a long, long time. And this latest bill due to HMRC is, undeniably, a huge worry. But I am heartened by the efforts of the supporters to help the club with lots of fundraising ideas.

If we're going down immoral routes:

Have the players been paid for November? If not, withhold their wages. Use their wages to try and get in HMRC's good books. Like a " we can't pay it all, but here's X of it, the rest will be paid Monday after the next home game". That way players will be in breach of contract, and free to leave. Get rid of your high earners. Play the under 19s. ph34r.gif

Clubs such as Stirling Albion, Clyde and a number of others have pre-empted the position Dunfermline (and other clubs before them) have reached by over-hauling their wage bill sufficiently early to avoid missing statutory tax bills and not paying other creditors bills. There's some merit in off-loading the high earners immediately (by whatever means) if it sustains the future of the club - which was the point of my post regarding the players and staff being approached to leave or take a wage cut.

The statement is a joke, and it's probably for the best that Margaret didn't read the whole thing out at the time as those figures would have caused outrage. It's totally outrageous that they should budget for crowds of over 4000 as they appear to have done. When we went up in 2010/11 we averaged 3998, greatly boosted by two big crowds in the last two games. To do that again smacks of living in a fantasy land and believing in something that is never achievable. If the result of this is that we go bust, then frankly it's entirely deserved. I'd be very surprised if tomorrow's announcement contains anything reasonable or sensible.

If restructure is impossible while the Masterton family remain in charge, and that restructure is a huge barrier to the previous directors staying, then it must be time for the Masterton family to leave. They have no chance of getting their money back whatever happens, so surely he must realise that the better option is to leave and give the club a chance of survival. this has been coming, and it's frustrating that we can't really do anything about it unless he agrees to give it up, which has always been the fundamental problem.

If we manage to survive this with and remain an SFL club, with whatever points deduction or relegation (which would be entirely deserved) then it would be a good result. I was pretty upset driving home tonight as I worried about what was to come, but having read the statement of the current directors, I'm genuinely furious. I rarely feel anger to this extent.

After working at the club over two short periods in the past, I could have told you that it was a badly organised nightmare. I still wouldn't have thought that they were quite as stupid to budget for big crowds AGAIN after this tactic had failed at least twice in the past, almost certainly more.

It's ok guys, I'll get all the information and write a book about our demise and bring the club back from the brink with all the profits. Simple.

The "reasons" for DAFC losing so much money thus far this season are hilarious. Did the board hand them over written in crayon?

Budgeting for over 4,000 a week when they won the title with an average of 3624 - which included full houses against the Rovers and Falkirk - is genuinely beyond belief. I've absolutely no sympathy for anyone involved with the running of the club, although of course I feel for the fans and employees. Blaming a Challenge Cup exit, the size of Cowdenbeath and Livingston's away support and only having one home match in November (if only they'd been notified in say, June, about what fixtures they'd be playing) are equally as terrible.

It's looking grim.

Edited by Paco

Lack of home games? Everyone plays the same amount of league games at him throughout the season so that is a shocking point to make.

Also budgeting for massive crowds in the first division is a terrible decision.

Good luck guys.

Why was JJ talking in the press just the other day about wanting to bring another player in when Dunfermline are already struggling to pay the existing players? Is the guy being bullshitted by the directors about the financial situation as well ? He seems like an honest man who is just trying to build a good squad and win the championship.

. But I am heartened by the efforts of the supporters to help the club with lots of fundraising ideas.

Yes, but the issue with it is that you have 10 days to find £50K. Doesn't leave a lot of time to find the massive sums needed. Factor in that it's November and people are looking at Christmas, mean's it will be a long harsh winter for Dunfermline.

I think the lack of home games part was regarding this month where our only game at EEP is against Dumbarton. Or at least I HOPE that's what it meant....

As I said, if only they could've been given some advance warning about that. Some kind of list that told them who they were playing, when, and where about. It could be published in the close season, round about June. Call it a fixture list, something like that.

Yes, but the issue with it is that you have 10 days to find £50K. Doesn't leave a lot of time to find the massive sums needed. Factor in that it's November and people are looking at Christmas, mean's it will be a long harsh winter for Dunfermline.

I'm quite aware of that. However, the fans are doing their utmost to help and are pulling together in a way I haven't seen for a long time. And I've said the HMRC bill is a worry. All the supporters can do is do what they can, hopefully help steer past this particular challenge and then try and meet the challenging times to follow head-on.

As I said, if only they could've been given some advance warning about that. Some kind of list that told them who they were playing, when, and where about. It could be published in the close season, round about June. Call it a fixture list, something like that.

All true sadly. Beggars belief.

Christmas? Fcuk that. It's officially cancelled in my hoose. The cake-eaters will be informed at breakfast.

How do Dunfermline fans feel about Falkirk rejecting that? I'm sure had it not been on relatively short notice and had we not already told our players they wouldn't be required; I'm sure we would have accepted.

I'd have thought Falkirk would be one of the first clubs to offer help if Dunfermline asked for it.

Stepping off the emotional bandwagon for a second and remembering that Scottish League Division One is a competitive football competition... I'd have been quite hacked off if I was a Falkirk fan and the club had agreed to Dunfermline's request (on the grounds of sporting fairness and integrity). Falkirk are not in great form right now and Dunfermline are picking up results most weeks at the moment. Taking the game on now would likely have resulted in a Dunfermline win. Surely Falkirk fans would hope to improve and have a better chance of winning the match later in the season when it's scheduled - why throw away 3 points?

Being uber-brutal, if Dunfermline stay in business but are forced to reduce their squad substantially in the next transfer window then Falkirk will certainly have a better chance of victory when the game is played in April as scheduled by the SFL.