Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I thoroughly recommend going onto to .net, Brian is seething that people have dared to suggest that we didn't play very well and is on the verge of a breakdown :lol:

Came to post this laugh.gif What a walloper.

Not worried about our yearly humping off East Fife. It may take a few months to get the team fully sorted so I'm more than happy to be patient.

f**k me, I know that was only a team of triallists and stuff, but yous've got your work cut out between now and the start of the season.

And some c**t might've told me you wouldn't be doing steak bridies any more.

We've been beaten off of East Fife for the past 3 years now, even the year we won the league. Going forward I thought we looked pretty dangerous, and Alex Whittle really impressed me. The guy who served me said that we'll eventually get the bridies back.

Edited by craigster00

Smith didn't look too clever at the first goal, kicking pretty erratic too, italian geezer didn't have much to do their 3rd goal was superbly taken.

Murray and Kyle should be giving deals if they earn them, shouldn't be giving on reputation.

Whittle showed flashes of brilliance.

Geggan looked competent at right back, Falkingham played well.

John Potter seemed to talk away a lot and won the majority of headers against his marker.

Fine, as long as you're confident.

Using defeat from east fife 3 years on the spin as some sort of good luck charm is almost as stupid as placing importance on preseason friendly results.

Using defeat from east fife 3 years on the spin as some sort of good luck charm is almost as stupid as placing importance on preseason friendly results.

I'm not using it as some "good luck charm". I'm actually saying that pre-season friendlies are not an accurate picture of what the team's future performances will be like.

I'm not using it as some "good luck charm". I'm actually saying that pre-season friendlies are not an accurate picture of what the team's future performances will be like.

Not intended as a dig at you btw

No. I mean you.

You're obviously fuming about something or you wouldn't have felt the need to pass on a message from someone I've never met who posts on a forum I don't post on.

Apologies. It was meant as a joke.

Wouldn't read too much into getting beat off East Fife tbh, it's what we do.

Thought the 20 year old CB from the nike academy was pretty solid. Big lad too.

O'Halleron (sp?) i thought was pretty poor, really struggled the first half. Second half he was slightly better, not much though.

Keeper Smith didn't really impress me. Samuel's goal was straight at him, yet somehow it went in. Not sure about the other keeper didn't have much to do.

Didn't have much to gauge Murray's performance on. Kevin Kyle is bloody massive, both in stature and weight. He needs to lose at least a stone imo.

As for Whittle, really impressed me when he came on. Looks like he could be a cracking player for us. Look forward to seeing more of him.

Didn't make it last night, but not massively concerned. Sure, we don't want to lose pre-season games but this was our first with a load of trialists playing. Added to that, the new guys will be getting used to the way Jefferies wants them to play, and we did have a couple of players out.

However, the manager does have work to do to have a side ready for the Cowdenbeath game - we need players in a few areas of the park pretty quickly. If we can get Kyle fit and signed that would be good, and by all accounts Whittle did ok so hopefully we'll see more improvement from him.

As others have said, we generally get gubbed by East Fife anyway so part of me isn't surprised we lost. And, no need to panic - I remember when East Fife then Man Utd's youth XI horsed us in pre-season in 2010/2011, and the tear stained reactions from a few folk predicting impending doom. What happened? We won the league. And, on the flip side, on our 2007/2008 First Division season under Stephen Kenny we had a good pre-season (unbeaten, if I remember correctly, including victory over a good Nottingham Forest team) and the talk was of a good season. By November, we were 2nd bottom and Kenny out the door.

Of course, results in pre-season will bring confidence but it's all about fitness, working on team shape, tactics and, in our case, assessing players to potentially bring in. So lets not go overboard over last night's result.

Incidentally, how did Ian Murray do? Really not sure I'd rate him as a good signing if he did tbh.