Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Well done to the club for their stance against Sevco, they've stood by the views of the fans and refused to be bullied by Doncaster, Regan and the largely biased Media.

Time to return the favour by supporting the club in numbers, no matter which league we're in next season.

John Roberston was wanting a play-off between Dundee and Dunfermline to happen on Saturday. I agree that a play-off would be the best course of action to determine 'Club 12', however we have not even played a friendly yet nor do we even have a full squad of players therefore to compete in a competitive game at such short notice would be ridiculous. If Scottish football had some form of organisation to it then this could have all been decided and sorted out weeks ago. They would be better off drawing the 'winner' from a hat.

On a second point Kevin Kyle will be offered a deal if he loses some weight.

Graeme Smith? Excellent shot stopper, great reflexes and made some truly outstanding saves for us. However he's terrible under crosses, his kicking is truly awful for a professional footballer & his voice, oh his voice. Bring earplugs if he's playing, he screeches and it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Was fantastic for us in his first season, fan's player of the year and made it in to several Scotland squads under Walter Smith. Then made a few mistakes, lost his confidence which led to more mistakes which led to him being dropped for Colin fucking Meldrum. He won his place back, done alright and the fucked off to Brighton. Then got punted by them and then by Hibs after an awful spell.

I've seen better keepers but I've also seen worse. There's a good keeper in there and with a run of games and getting some confidence he would be a decent signing in my opinion.

Graeme Smith? Excellent shot stopper, great reflexes and made some truly outstanding saves for us. However he's terrible under crosses, his kicking is truly awful for a professional footballer & his voice, oh his voice. Bring earplugs if he's playing, he screeches and it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Was fantastic for us in his first season, fan's player of the year and made it in to several Scotland squads under Walter Smith. Then made a few mistakes, lost his confidence which led to more mistakes which led to him being dropped for Colin fucking Meldrum. He won his place back, done alright and the fucked off to Brighton. Then got punted by them and then by Hibs after an awful spell.

I've seen better keepers but I've also seen worse. There's a good keeper in there and with a run of games and getting some confidence he would be a decent signing in my opinion.

Sounds like Chris Smith on Helium. We've already got Gallacher, and we won the league with Chris Smith in goals, so Graham Smith sounds like decent cover.

Edited by gingapar

Sounds like Chris Smith on Helium. We've already got Gallacher, and we won the league with Chris Smith in goals, so Graham Smith sounds like decent cover.

Nah give him some credit, he's better than Chris Smith.

Also Jamie Pollock is meant to be training with the Pars on Monday.

Rustybits has been training with Morton, and played as a trialist yesterday in a closed doors game. I was sure that I had read that he wold be given a chance to earn a deal with you guys this pre-season, was he actually training with you or what?

He was injured for the majority of last season so we didn't renew his contract. We said to him that if he could prove his fitness during pre-season then we would consider making him an offer, the same situation was offered to Bell and Phinn. If they turned up at pre-season training then we would have a look at them.

We really need to get strengthening the backline ASAP - which is why we need the decision on who club 12 are to be made ASAP.

No harm in looking at Smith - always seemed a decent enough keeper to me on the occasions I've seen him.

Also, would like to reiterate how proud I am of the club and their stance on the whole newco issue - JY and the board must be commended, they've handled it very well. We now need to keep our side of the bargain and get right behind the team and club over the course of the season.

Now is the time to move on and prepare for the season ahead - here's hoping the team can play some good football, improve as a group and, you never know, get more than their share of good results.

Roll on Forfar on July 28.

Can we actually start talking about football now? Holy shit! :D

If we finish outside the top three I'd be disappointed, especially with no Dundee or Rangers. I say that even with our total lack of anything resembling a defence.

I hope as many people as possible can make the two cup games and that we bring a bumper crowd to Cowden on the 11th August. Football, yay!