Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Bit out of the blue with the signing of Geggan. Never heard of him tbh. Let's just wait and see.

You'd be better to wait and see. He is half decent but I am not sure that he will live up to some of the hype he is getting on this thread.

I wouldn't quite say that. It'd be more of a gamble if we'd kept the majority of last season's squad, on higher wages, looking to instantly bounce back up. We tried that in 2007/08 and it failed and we then had to cut our cloth accordingly.

This time round, we know what restrictions we've got in terms of a budget, and working within that (and the young players that are coming in) means that if we don't go straight back up, we've got some sort of foundations in place to build and eventually push for a title challenge. The only way it'd be a financial disaster is if we were to get relegated.

With the budgets we're now working under, I think it suggests that we're looking at potentially being in the Division for a couple of seasons or whatever. I'm pleased we aren't throwing silly money at things in an attempt to go right back up.

The heghtened risk of it all going pete tong makes it more of a financial gamble if you ask me

The club clearly realise there is a decent chance we won't win the league this season so the only financial gamble I can see is if, as Larbert Par said, we get relegated. I know we haven't seen this new team playing together but I would utterly flabbergasted if they finished below Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton for starters so I really don't see that as a possibility.

My guess would be that the club hope to finish high in the league and go deep into at least one of the cups. Also, if our younger players can excel themselves then bigger clubs may actually give us money for them, which may be me just losing my head entirely.

I'm pleased we aren't throwing silly money at things in an attempt to go right back up.

The only reason for that is that your sugar daddies have nothing left to give. Otherwise, it would be spend, spend spend pretending to be something you're not.

The only reason for that is that your sugar daddies have nothing left to give. Otherwise, it would be spend, spend spend pretending to be something you're not.

Nope, the reason we're not going all out to win the league is that we can't afford promotion...

I'm not asking to have silly money thrown at it, never will.

In this division, you're one summer of shite decision making setting you back a few years, if it happens more than once you start becoming a Morton and it's pretty hard to come back once you've dropped to that sort of level.

None of the boys we've signed so far have much in the way of experience, I'll be happy if we sign a more experienced centre back at this level.

what.png

I'm not asking to have silly money thrown at it, never will.

In this division, you're one summer of shite decision making setting you back a few years, if it happens more than once you start becoming a Morton and it's pretty hard to come back once you've dropped to that sort of level.

None of the boys we've signed so far have much in the way of experience, I'll be happy if we sign a more experienced centre back at this level.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. If you refer to the fact that we have wasted money in the past, with no positive end result, then I agree with you. We are cutting back season on season, and the quality of player that we are affording doesn't fill anyone full of excitement. However, this is the only way to stay away from debt imho. What point are you making? I thought you guys already have substantial debt.

We will. We need a few defenders and I think experience at the back is something JJ will be looking for. He has said he wants an experienced spine to the team - and that will include the centre of defence.

The release of Barrowman and Boyle should free up some contracts you would assume. Get a few defenders in, a good experienced one, and there's always the possibility of Kyle coming to us. Also, I wonder if JJ is going to use Goodfellow as the back up GK or maybe he'll sign someone?