Walking Down The Halbeath Road

'Although I never played for the Club, I have always shared an affinity for it, and I am being sincere when I say that.'

:lol: Believe that and you'll believe anything.

If he had said 'I used to have a picture of Charlie Dickson on my ceiling' then I might understand what you're saying but i don't see what's so hard to believe about a man who has been in Scottish football for over 40 years having an 'affinity' with a Scottish club.

Thought the letter was very good and a decent PR move. The bit I liked most was about JJ and the players being more involved with locals throughout the week. This is something the club has been sorely lacking for a number of years. There needs to be a more sense of community about the club and this would be a step in the right direction. The inclusion of the younger players will also help and hopefully these guys will be allowed the time to develop, even if things start badly.

JJ is saying and doing good things so far this summer IMO. Let's hope we're still saying that come Christmas and beyond.

Interesting to read that him and Jim Leshman have always been pals though, did Jeffries not end Leishman's career?

Aye, but clearly from Leish's point of view he doesn't bear a grudge, nor perhaps was the challenge a malicious one - I'm sure some of the oldies would be able to confirm if it was or not.

Anyhoo, interesting read from Jefferies which was forthright and honest - can't ask for much more IMO. And he's right regarding inconsistencies when going with a younger squad - it is important we stick by them.

Also, sad news for Cowden that our games with them have dropped even lower on the "rivalry stakes" after the annoucement of a friendly against Lochgelly Albert.

What's lower than a pub team?

http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20120605/managers-update_2208031_2798484

Nothing of much substance, a reassurance that things are still going on behind the scenes really. Good that the club is making a real effort to keep people in the loop, and Jefferies continues to come across well.

Can we assume that the "other player" is Chris Kane from Hearts, or have I missed an official announcement regarding that?

Think Kane could go straight into the first team, captain of the Hearts under 19s who walked the league last season, obviously Jefferies rates him.

No idea what he's like as a player, but a friend of mine is pals with Chris Kane's brother and apparently he's a smart guy; if he hadn't been offered terms by a club he would have been away to university. Obviously not guaranteed to translate into football intelligence, but no doubt significantly increases the chance. The pars were seriously lacking young intelligent centre mids last season, and Kane could be the perfect foil to Ryan Thomson's thick as shit headless chicken workrate

I can give you a bit more info about Chris Kane. He (if it hasn't been mentioned already) is a defensive midfielder though he played quite a few games for the under 19s this season at center back. He is great defensively, I would say he is a good tackler and is a strong player. However he is also good on the ball, he is a good passer and will work well in a midfield that likes to move the ball around. I think he will do well in the first division but unsure if he is quite ready to start. Would say he will be eased in by JJ. I would say in praise of Kane that was surprised and a bit gutted to see him not get a new contract but we have a surplus of central midfielders around his age and so had to clear him and a few others out. Kane can do well given the right chances and help around him. Hope he does well as he seems a likable lad, also gives me a reason (apart from JJ) to keep an eye on Dunfermline.

I would correct you (though I wish it was true) that we didn't walk the under 19 league as Celtic finished top, but until a collapse in the last games of the season it was a very strong run including beat Ranges twice and Celtic once.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

I can give you a bit more info about Chris Kane. He (if it hasn't been mentioned already) is a defensive midfielder though he played quite a few games for the under 19s this season at center back. He is great defensively, I would say he is a good tackler and is a strong player. However he is also good on the ball, he is a good passer and will work well in a midfield that likes to move the ball around. I think he will do well in the first division but unsure if he is quite ready to start. Would say he will be eased in by JJ. I would say in praise of Kane that was surprised and a bit gutted to see him not get a new contract but we have a surplus of central midfielders around his age and so had to clear him and a few others out. Kane can do well given the right chances and help around him. Hope he does well as he seems a likable lad, also gives me a reason (apart from JJ) to keep an eye on Dunfermline.

I would correct you (though I wish it was true) that we didn't walk the under 19 league as Celtic finished top, but until a collapse in the last games of the season it was a very strong run including beat Ranges twice and Celtic once.

Cheers mate.

Is he blessed with any decent amount of pace?

After a long and difficult season in the SPL, the Club is now finalising its preparations for next season in the SFL in a positive mood. With the difficulties that we are facing in Scottish football it is imperative that everyone works together for the betterment of the game in its entirety and puts aside self-interest. In spite of recent media reports to the contrary, the Club genuinely hope that there is a speedy and positive outcome to the situation with Rangers.

DAFC and Rangers FC have a long history of friendly cooperation with many players moving between the clubs on transfer or loan. The Club's Chairman and Directors have all maintained the stance outlined when the administration of Rangers was first announced and that was that we had sincere regrets that administration has happened to a club of Rangers standing and wished a speedy resolution to the process.

DAFC season ticket sales are well ahead of expectations which shows that fans are getting behind the Club's pro-youth policy and are looking forward to the season ahead with optimism and exciting clashes.

However, there musn't be an over-expectation and it is important that everyone associated with the Club remains patient. We are not in the position where we are blooding one or two youngsters at this level, there are several in the squad, including six which have come through our own youth system. It will take time to achieve the balance of experience and youth that will lead to the type of performances we are looking for on a regular basis. The key thrust of the strategy is that once we achieve this balance, it will be provide a much more sustainable platform for further improvement.

I don't get it, what was said in the media? Apart from that, the expected arse-licking from the club.

the Club genuinely hope that there is a speedy and positive outcome to the situation with Rangers.

DAFC and Rangers FC have a long history of friendly cooperation with many players moving between the clubs on transfer or loan. The Club's Chairman and Directors have all maintained the stance outlined when the administration of Rangers was first announced and that was that we had sincere regrets that administration has happened to a club of Rangers standing and wished a speedy resolution to the process.

Shameful stuff.

They certainly did, we never recovered from it either. It was all downhill from there.

Yep. They turned up thinking they would hump East Fife having beaten Saintees and United, but instead got the rudest of awakenings which totally hit their confidence.

As for the club's statement, not sure what the need for it actually is.