Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Midfield... Keep Cardle, Graham & Willis.

Attack... Get rid of them all.

Really? I'd certainly keep Kirk (top scorer this season, now one of the top 10 all time goalscorers for the club). Would keep McDougall as well. Buchanan I'm not fussed if he stays or goes, and same with Barrowman.

We need a new set of strikers, as Clarke, Buchanan and Barrowman aren't good enough and i wouldn't be fussed if Kirk left, as you would have to assume that he's one of the higher earners at the club and he isn't exactly getting any younger either.

Attack... Get rid of them all.

Buchanan I'm not fussed if he stays or goes, and same with Barrowman.

Buchanan and Barrowman aren't good enough and i wouldn't be fussed if Kirk left

Mind-boggling stuff indeed.

Buchanan is a terrible player. Gives 100%, but has very limited ability. Kirk is decent, but I wouldn't keep him. We need to rebuild for the future. Barrowman is a waste of space. McDougall is hopeless. So yes, I stand by my point.

Not too fussed about McDougall, although he is useful as a winger.

As mentioned before, Kirk is a goal scorer, he has a habit of being in the right position which no othe striker can seem to do. Buchanan's work rate is excellent, off the top of my head he won us a point at Inverness and St Mirren.

Barrowman is probably our quickest forward, and a good substitute to bring on with his energy. With those 3 plus Alex Whittle and possibly Kevin Kyle, we have covered a few essential areas of attacking play.

Clarke is the only forward that I wouldn't hesitate about punting. (not in 'that' way.)

Not too fussed about McDougall, although he is useful as a winger.

As mentioned before, Kirk is a goal scorer, he has a habit of being in the right position which no othe striker can seem to do. Buchanan's work rate is excellent, off the top of my head he won us a point at Inverness and St Mirren.

Barrowman is probably our quickest forward, and a good substitute to bring on with his energy. With those 3 plus Alex Whittle and possibly Kevin Kyle, we have covered a few essential areas of attacking play.

Clarke is the only forward that I wouldn't hesitate about punting. (not in 'that' way.)

The lady doth protest too much ;)

I will never understand our fans still not rating Kirk. He has scored a lot of goals for us over the last four years and always works extremely hard. Since he is already under contract for next season, there is no sane reason for letting him go. Fair enough if someone offered money for him but at 33, that is unlikely in the extreme. He is more than good enough for the First Division and if he stays fit, I would expect 10-15 goals at least from him.

Barrowman is a useful player to have but doesn't score enough goals. A few times this season he looked like he had the ability to bully defences and cause problems but other times he was ineffective and injuries held him back also. On the periphery for sure, but I'd say keep.

Buchanan also doesn't produce enough goals and isn't as good a striker as Kirk. We've signed that teenager Whittle who plays up front as well so unless he isn't ready to go straight into the 1st team, then Liam should be free to go. Wouldn't be disgusted if he stayed of course.

Clarke can go, Starks bound and sure to get a hostile and entirely unfair reception when we play them.

As far as defence, McCann has to go. As does Keddie. Rusty is just too injury prone so should be freed. For some reason I'd keep Dowie but again, wouldn't be heartbroken if he left. Boyle and McMillan should be full backs next year IMO and we should look to get Kerr Young playing in central defence pre-season and get him playing at least semi-regularly. Give him a chance at least.

SMITH MUST GO. He has to, he has to, he has to. I'd love Barlow to be the No 1 next year but could easily see him moving on. Difficult to judge Bernardo off on match but I fully expect him to be released. No need for two senior keepers in the First really, so would be happy with Goodfellow playing second fiddle to Barlow.

Bell and Phinn given short-term deals to prove fitness? I would consider just cutting our losses really. Would love to keep Mason and Kerr but we need an attacking midfielder. Perhaps Thomson could do this role? Hardie has to go, legs have gone, sadly. Cardle and Willis would be my first-choice wingers. Graham is a real 50-50 decision, really unsure.

That may have been total nonsense, just typed as I was thinking.

Thomson isn't fast, but then again he s a similar player to Mason who has done very well for us with non-existent pace.

Frankly if we started next season with a team resembling:

Smith/Barlow

McMillan - ? - ? - ?/Boyle

Mason - Graham - Thomson

Willis - Kirk - Cardle

Gk

Young

Byrne

Whittle

Bannerman

I'd be happy with that really. Our midfield and forwards are more than capable in the 1st. Since JJ seems to be favoring a defensive 4-5-1/Offensive 4-3-3 formation I'd like the team to look like that as I feel Graham was excellent in the centre of midfield and Thomson and Willis will only get better playing a full season

Edited by Andrew283

Thomson isn't fast, but then again he s a similar player to Mason who has done very well for us with non-existent pace.

Frankly if we started next season with a team resembling:

Smith/Barlow

McMillan - ? - ? - ?/Boyle

Mason - Graham - Thomson

Willis - Kirk - Cardle

Gk

Young

Byrne

Whittle

Bannerman

I'd be happy with that really. Our midfield and forwards are more than capable in the 1st. Since JJ seems to be favoring a defensive 4-5-1/Offensive 4-3-3 formation I'd like the team to look like that as I feel Graham was excellent in the centre of midfield and Thomson and Willis will only get better playing a full season

Pretty close to what I'd have as well tbh. Definitely not Smith though. Would love Young to be able to play regularly. A distinct lack of midfielders on your bench though! :P

A confident Smith would be fine in the 1st, a no confidence Smith however... dry.gif

Regarding me Midfield, obviously that is from what I've seen this season. Hardie for me is about 60/40 for a new 1yr deal. Wouldn't have the same kick that he had to win us the 1st last time imo but he is versatile positionally, has incredible ball control, is a machine and is the best passer we have at the club. Bell and Phinn, both had the ability before their injuries, but at most I'd give one or the other, probably Bell a contract till Xmas to prove himself, if not we bring in somebody new in January. Kerr I can't see staying as he would likely have to lower his wage expectations by quite a bit.

Forward wise, I'd keep Kirk and Barrowman as our main two with backup from either Buchannan or McDougall (Likely the latter due to his versatility and technical ability which is lacking in the rest of our forwards). Clarke has to go imo.

Thomson has a bit of dig, which a lot of Dunfermline fans mistake for ability, but hey sometimes you need a bit of that. I'd keep him.

Word going round my parts is that the laddie Whittle is a step above anything in the current first team (not hard, like being father of the year out of benoit, fritzel and gerry mccann, etc)

Wouldn't surpise me if he became a starting player relatively quickly

Word going round my parts is that the laddie Whittle is a step above anything in the current first team (not hard, like being father of the year out of benoit, fritzel and gerry mccann, etc)

Wouldn't surpise me if he became a starting player relatively quickly

JJ would have played Whittle this season if he was able to. He will be a big player for us next season.