Walking Down The Halbeath Road

18 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Definitely agree, it’s a huge improvement. Just a bit surprised they launched it kinda half-complete. Big step in the right direction though

I wonder if it's part of reducing links with/ reliance on/ influence of a certain person? 

58 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyone else still going in to the League 1 forum to look for this thread only to, upon seeing it isn't there, immediately remember that it's now in the Championship forum?

I normally just look for "content posted in" although last season I did click on the championship a few times. 

I think they could do something different with the pots but don't know what. Anybody from pot 2 (Raith) aside is boring as sin and will mean playing a team at least 5 times next season (unless it's Accies).

It's like last season, the last group game was Alloa at home, followed by the league campaign starting the following week with...Alloa at home. Doesn't help itself at times.

6 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I think they could do something different with the pots but don't know what. Anybody from pot 2 (Raith) aside is boring as sin and will mean playing a team at least 5 times next season (unless it's Accies).

It's like last season, the last group game was Alloa at home, followed by the league campaign starting the following week with...Alloa at home. Doesn't help itself at times.

You’ll never avoid the scenario of teams in the same league playing each other. There’s only 8 groups and there’s 10 teams in each league.

Even if they made it 10 groups of 4, there’s only 7 top flight teams involved, so teams from the lower leagues would have to play teams in the same division as them.

40 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

You’ll never avoid the scenario of teams in the same league playing each other. There’s only 8 groups and there’s 10 teams in each league.

Even if they made it 10 groups of 4, there’s only 7 top flight teams involved, so teams from the lower leagues would have to play teams in the same division as them.

Aye like I say, I don't know what they'd do but it feels like it's had it's day a bit. Was something new when it came in in 2016 but feel it's lost it's touch.

32 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Aye like I say, I don't know what they'd do but it feels like it's had it's day a bit. Was something new when it came in in 2016 but feel it's lost it's touch.

Yeah, I’d be up for some sort of refresh. But I definitely prefer the current format to the prior format (and all the garbage pre-season games that used to fill our July).

Current format must also be a large reason that the TV deal for the competition is better than the Scottish cup, as viaplay have no other live football to show in July.

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Yeah, I’d be up for some sort of refresh. But I definitely prefer the current format to the prior format (and all the garbage pre-season games that used to fill our July).

Current format must also be a large reason that the TV deal for the competition is better than the Scottish cup, as viaplay have no other live football to show in July.

The only reason the cash is so much higher is down to one bit of filth.

As with most Joe Cardle moments may provoke a NSFW reaction

Won't embed but worth the click through.

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Queens Park only playing at Lesser Hampden until mid-September. From then, all their league games will be at Hampden. Assuming there’s still issues with Lesser Hampden…

Sounds like it must be to do with lighting if they can play their until mid-September. Well hopefully we play them early in the season (a) and get a trip to Lesser then a wee trip to the big one later in the season. Be quite nice to win the league their next spring actually 🤪

Last year was the first year of 4th/5th seeds. I think every group played the following:

1st seed - home to 2&4, away to 3&5
2nd seed - home to 3&5, away to 1&4
3rd seed - home to 1&4, away to 2&5
4th seed - home to 2&5, away to 1&3
5th seed - home to 1&3, away to 2&4

Based on that, I’d assume we’ll play:

home - Killie and Annan
away - Raith and Albion