Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, The Toun Clock said:

Yeah you guys would be pretty handy to know. Wighton played some really great football and despite us not being free scoring he scored a lot, especially the further we went. Be interesting to see how he does this season, he's full of confidence, the main man under McPake which helps him and the fans love him. When he's on one he can be a genius.

Wighton is a clever clever player and I am glad he’s doing so well with you. Gave me some great memories and his winner at Tannadice for us one of the best moments I’ve had in recent years following Arbroath. 

If Jack Hamilton replicates what he done in his time with us though I could see him getting a move back up to the Prem and potentially even further he is still young. The guy just had it all and was a ridiculously good finisher. Think it was a mistake for Livi to let him go but maybe it’s just too soon for him to be making an impact there.

Any idea if we’re planning to have a squad list and/or player profiles on the new club website?

Seems really odd to not have anything to say who the manager/coaches/players are. Honestly think it’s the only club website I’ve ever seen without that information.

It might look more modern, but there seems to be a lot missing. For example, there also doesn’t seem to be any contact information for the club or a ‘contact us’ option on the site.

10 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Any idea if we’re planning to have a squad list and/or player profiles on the new club website?

Seems really odd to not have anything to say who the manager/coaches/players are. Honestly think it’s the only club website I’ve ever seen without that information.

It might look more modern, but there seems to be a lot missing. For example, there also doesn’t seem to be any contact information for the club or a ‘contact us’ option on the site.

I'd be shocked if it's not imminent. Perhaps waiting to take photos of the players in the new home kit.

New site looks good, of course missing sections but much improved. Apparently our new shop will link with The Terrace. So when they post a new Dunfermline related product it will appear on our website as at the moment we have some stuff, but to see the full shebang you had to go on the Terrace site. 

38 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Heard we've offered Todorov a deal in a bit of a u-turn.

Wouldn't be against that. Felt like ditching him was a risk in finding an improvement on the open market.

Had McPake not found a better player I think he would have rightly been criticised for letting a player who was proven at this level go, especially one with a strong connection to the club.

5 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I'd be shocked if it's not imminent. Perhaps waiting to take photos of the players in the new home kit.

New site looks good, of course missing sections but much improved. Apparently our new shop will link with The Terrace. So when they post a new Dunfermline related product it will appear on our website as at the moment we have some stuff, but to see the full shebang you had to go on the Terrace site. 

Definitely agree, it’s a huge improvement. Just a bit surprised they launched it kinda half-complete. Big step in the right direction though.

45 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

would be happy with that. Think he’s a very useful player and one that would probably get more time in the championship. He’s a physical threat and knows how to score goals. Would be very pleased if he signs, but obviously wouldn’t blame him if he didn’t.

I'd not be happy with that tbh, outside of a purple patch with Inverness he has not done anything of note. Releasing him was the right call IMO 

51 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Double announcement with Dario?

Don't think there's too much to love about Todorov's pressing or build up play, but he can bag a decent goal and scored a couple pretty important ones in late stages of big games. I don't think he's starting quality, but as a different type of threat, and an option when you need a goal he can do a job at this level. If we're struggling to find a quality replacement, then I wouldn't be against another year. 

We could be guaranteed a minimum of five games against one of our fellow Championship team, minus Dundee United and Airdrie, due to the seeding for the League Cup draw, unless we draw Hamilton from pot 2.

Edited by DA Baracus

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We could be guaranteed a minimum of five games against one of our fellow Championship team, minus Dundee United and Airdrie, due to the seeding for the League Cup draw, unless we draw Hamilton from pot 2.

Let's hope for Hamilton then, that season we seemed to endlessly play Ayr was dreadful and having back to back home games against Alloa last year was poor.

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Let's hope for Hamilton then, that season we seemed to endlessly play Ayr was dreadful and having back to back home games against Alloa last year was poor.

Only want Hamilton if it’ll be at home. That pitch is horrendous. I’m not particularly against artificial pitches. Theirs is horrendous though.

Last time we were in the championship, we went to Firhill in the league cup, then in the Scottish cup, then in the playoffs (albeit, to play Queens Park) in addition to the 2 league games there. Playing each other 4 times is already excessive. Giving us an 87.5% chance of having to play one team at least 5 times in a season is just far too much. 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Only want Hamilton if it’ll be at home. That pitch is horrendous. I’m not particularly against artificial pitches. Theirs is horrendous though.

Last time we were in the championship, we went to Firhill in the league cup, then in the Scottish cup, then in the playoffs (albeit, to play Queens Park) in addition to the 2 league games there. Playing each other 4 times is already excessive. Giving us an 87.5% chance of having to play one team at least 5 times in a season is just far too much. 

Yeh I fancy 

St Johnstone (A)

Hamilton (H)

Kelty (H)

Brechin (A)

St Johnstone (A) - Raith (H) - East Fife (H) - Bonnyrigg (A)

Haven't played at Perth in over a decade, so that one is long overdue.

Pot 2 is absolutely minging with all Champ sides; at least a home game against the wee team would bring the club a bit of extra coin.

East Fife won't bring much but probably more than anyone else in Pot 4.

We have never played Bonnyrigg so would be a good one to get ticked off the list.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

St Johnstone (A) - Raith (H) - East Fife (H) - Bonnyrigg (A)

Haven't played at Perth in over a decade, so that one is long overdue.

Pot 2 is absolutely minging with all Champ sides; at least a home game against the wee team would bring the club a bit of extra coin.

East Fife won't bring much but probably more than anyone else in Pot 4.

We have never played Bonnyrigg so would be a good one to get ticked off the list.

Ah jeez I thought this was the actual draw, the best scenario had happened. 

Guaranteed Thistle. 

Anyone else still going in to the League 1 forum to look for this thread only to, upon seeing it isn't there, immediately remember that it's now in the Championship forum?

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyone else still going in to the League 1 forum to look for this thread only to, upon seeing it isn't there, immediately remember that it's now in the Championship forum?

Nah I changed my wee favourites link the other day, before we'd actually been moved. So there was me being all prepared and smug, clicking into the Championship and we were still down with the plebs in League 1.

20 minutes ago, Heaton said:

The pre-season cup needs sorting. It's a joke tbh

It's a weird one, I quite like it, we all want to get back to competitive football but I do agree that it's a bit odd with the timing of it and will definitely be of detriment to some teams who may struggle to get players in, are maybe relying heavily on the loan market to build their team etc.