Walking Down The Halbeath Road

36 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Controversial maybe but Matty Todd > Steak Bridies.

Can't say I've ever eaten Matty Todd.

1 minute ago, Stoo61 said:

I've been known to actively order a mince n onion one.

Deserves a football banning order IMO.

36 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

The main thing is not to panic because Raith have nabbed a couple. 

I think with so little going on people tend to really dig into transfers, and they're not an exact science. QoTS made a bundle early last season which were really well regarded, hindsight showed them to be very bad though. 

We signed Mochrie, a much heralded player who'd already played well at that level with Montrose, and then later on brought in a Rangers loanee in what seemed like a panic, who's only previous experience was a forgettable spell at Clyde. And if you'd said to me then that we would all be delighted at signing one of them permanently on a three year deal it wouldn't have been KRH! McPake has allot of credit in the bank with regards to his signings, he deserves time to figure it out. 

8 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Players due back next week? Would be nice to see the old ✍🏻 a few times before then. I know McPake said recruitment wouldn’t stop when he was away on holiday so hopefully that’s true.

What do you mean Snodgrass was meant to be announced 3 weeks ago no 😉

Don't think there is a massive rush, we will be back quite early and given the playoffs have just finished I wouldn't be overly concerned.

McPake has signed up the exisiting players he wanted to keep and will be quite happy to wait for as long as it takes for the right players now.

I think we all know by now that he doesn't rush  into signings.

Clearly we need to add to the squad numbers and quality wise, but we are in a decent position right now. We would be able to name a competitve first 11 for the  championship with what we have at the moment.

Not worried in the slightest, we've signed up our key players from last season. Always takes time to get deals done.

What I am worried about is how early pre season starts these days. Seems to get earlier and earlier, with the players (across the country) getting a shorter break. Can't think that's good for their bodies? 

10 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

The main thing is not to panic because Raith have nabbed a couple. 

Of course not. I think the three signings they've made are good quality, but I wouldn't want them, perhaps Hamilton but Mullin doesn't seem to hold consistency, a bit of a Cardle and I've seen enough of Smith the last year, again he's a good player but that's where that ends for me. Works hard but so do our guys.

4 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Of course not. I think the three signings they've made are good quality, but I wouldn't want them, perhaps Hamilton but Mullin doesn't seem to hold consistency, a bit of a Cardle and I've seen enough of Smith the last year, again he's a good player but that's where that ends for me. Works hard but so do our guys.

Hamilton is excellent. I love Wighton but if I had to pick between the 2 I would have Hamilton every day of the week

35 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Agreed. Three solid signings but I'm not sitting here fretting too much about them. Most other teams seem to be down to the bare bones of a squad and getting ready for a rebuild as we have been most of the last few years. I think we're in a good place. 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hamilton is excellent. I love Wighton but if I had to pick between the 2 I would have Hamilton every day of the week

Yeah you guys would be pretty handy to know. Wighton played some really great football and despite us not being free scoring he scored a lot, especially the further we went. Be interesting to see how he does this season, he's full of confidence, the main man under McPake which helps him and the fans love him. When he's on one he can be a genius.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Not worried in the slightest, we've signed up our key players from last season. Always takes time to get deals done.

What I am worried about is how early pre season starts these days. Seems to get earlier and earlier, with the players (across the country) getting a shorter break. Can't think that's good for their bodies? 

I think we would have started a few days later had it not been for the St Pauli game.

The good thing is the team is mainly youngsters so can take a bit of down time as opposed to folk in their 30s who need a proper rest to recover. McPake also spoke about players getting niggles seen to before our season ended so it was good we tied to league up fairly early to get those seen to.