Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 hours ago, Coypars said:

Clubs have agreed terms for Nisbet but he's been down to Millwall previously and didn't fancy it.

Maybe hanging out for Ibrox gig ?

didn't fancy it as the last time he went down there was nobody there to pick him up from airport and they told him to wait 30/40 minutes whilst they sorted something

8 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

24 quid is a bit expensive I agree keep it the same price for every home game but will you have the same Energy if Dundee United Charge 26-30 quid next season? 

Yes, in fact there would be more complaints about their prices, if they charge more. For what it’s worth, I think fans would also be complaining if we charged £24.

7 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Most contracts finished yesterday, it's Thursday, I wonder if we'll see any new faces at East End today.

Would think most players will be away still 

11 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I see Dundee have posted on social media to confirm Paul McGowan will now definitely be leaving them. Just glad he's been found safe and well.

Considering he is out of contract, unless they had offered him another then I don't get why they were wondering or caring tbh 

Edited by Heaton

13 hours ago, Grant228 said:

2.4 million including add ons according to twitter, probably 2 million upfront? 

£660,000 would be nice. How much did he originally go to Hibs for? 

13 hours ago, 101 said:

Do we get a cut of the whole thing or just the upfront fee, I presume it's everything otherwise you could just back load a transfer to avoid coughing up.

Yeh I have to agree to rumours have been optimistic imo.

It will be a cut of the whole deal including any future income Hibs get unless the original deal was appallingly worded. It's almost certainly only a percentage of "profit" rather than total fee though. Appreciate that's not a massive difference but it will be a small one. What did you get for him in the first place? Was it £200k or so?

1 minute ago, Heaton said:

Considering he is out of contract, unless they had offered him another then I don't get why they were wondering or caring tbh 

You don't get how unprofessional it would be to tell an employee they no longer have a job via the internet and not have the courtesy to tell him in person first? Wow.

3 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Would be quite unprofessional to announce that they weren't renewing his contract without telling him first tbf, even if the statement they came out with was equally unprofessional.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It will be a cut of the whole deal including any future income Hibs get unless the original deal was appallingly worded. It's almost certainly only a percentage of "profit" rather than total fee though. Appreciate that's not a massive difference but it will be a small one. What did you get for him in the first place? Was it £200k or so?

Was £250k I think plus a rumoured 30% sell on cut. I think we had rejected a higher up front fee (around £400k) with lower sell on cut in the January pre-covid. 

I might have to do jury duty for the St Pauli game throwing my day aff and delicious pint plans into chaos.  What time is kick off and what is the closest train station? 

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I might have to do jury duty for the St Pauli game throwing my day aff and delicious pint plans into chaos.  What time is kick off and what is the closest train station? 

Kick off 7pm, closest station is Dunfermline City. About a 15-20 min walk from there

Just now, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

Kick off 7pm, closest station is Dunfermline City. About a 15-20 min walk from there

Thanks.  Forgot you were a city now!

57 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It will be a cut of the whole deal including any future income Hibs get unless the original deal was appallingly worded. It's almost certainly only a percentage of "profit" rather than total fee though. Appreciate that's not a massive difference but it will be a small one. What did you get for him in the first place? Was it £200k or so

Ah that's interesting didn't realise it was on the profit, could make the difference in breaking our record transfer fee, if it's close I doubt the club will even say sadly.

Yes I think the rumours at the time were around the £200k mark.

1 hour ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

Would be quite unprofessional to announce that they weren't renewing his contract without telling him first tbf, even if the statement they came out with was equally unprofessional.

If his contract was due to end on the 31st, and they hadn't offered or been in talks by then, he would know he was leaving. It wouldn't be news to him

Edited by Heaton

37 minutes ago, 101 said:

Ah that's interesting didn't realise it was on the profit, could make the difference in breaking our record transfer fee, if it's close I doubt the club will even say sadly.

Yes I think the rumours at the time were around the £200k mark.

Well obviously I'm not party to the terms of the sale to Hibs in the first place but I'd be amazed if it's a straight percentage of fee. It would make no sense. I've never seen a "sell on" clause not refer to percentage of profit, especially if the initial fee was not insignificant.

To put it in perspective, with some rough numbers. Hibs pay £250,000 to Dunfermline to sign him in the first place. Three years down the line they sell him to St Johnstone for £200,000 and they have to then give £50,000 of it (or whatever percentage it is) to Dunfermline despite making a loss on the transaction overall? That would be bonkers.

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well obviously I'm not party to the terms of the sale to Hibs in the first place but I'd be amazed if it's a straight percentage of fee. It would make no sense. I've never seen a "sell on" clause not refer to percentage of profit, especially if the initial fee was not insignificant.

To put it in perspective, with some rough numbers. Hibs pay £250,000 to Dunfermline to sign him in the first place. Three years down the line they sell him to St Johnstone for £200,000 and they have to then give £50,000 of it (or whatever percentage it is) to Dunfermline despite making a loss on the transaction overall? That would be bonkers.

Sounds pretty much like Hibs to me...

26 minutes ago, Heaton said:

If his contract was due to end on the 31st, and they hadn't offered or been in talks by then, he would know he was leaving. It wouldn't be news to him

So? Club still has a duty to inform the player officially before announcing it to the public. It’s common decency apart from everything else, especially when the player in question has been at the club for 9 years.