Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Mehmet was rumoured to be our highest earner, I can only imagine we've given him a longer contract to make up for a lower wage? 

That was exactly my thoughts when I saw the 3 year part.

56 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Mehmet was rumoured to be our highest earner, I can only imagine we've given him a longer contract to make up for a lower wage? 

Would make sense and tbf seems like good business decision if something like that has been achieved.

Career stats show , his only club with any starts of note , has been DAFC. These have been in the third league of Scottish football, one of the lowest professional standards in Europe. Crazy for any higher end club , to take a chance ! Best wishes to the big fella at the Pars next season. 

3 minutes ago, MillersDave said:

New Pars kit is thick black and white stripes like 86 season, Errea, and has a cute wee german flag on it as well. 

Robert Snodgrass going to be modelling it?

Edited by Chubbychops

1 hour ago, MillersDave said:

Snoddy will be announced by the end of the week, deal was done before his holiday , watch this space. 

You said this last week...

Just now, MillersDave said:

The laddie went on his holiday's geez a break 😂.  Unless he does a Wilo Flood on us and stays in Bali. He has signed, dinny worry. 

Brilliant in the know gossip, as well as the ground breaking revelation our kit will be thick black and white stripes :lol:

There's been a wee editing mistake in the latest former players association "Walking Down the Halbeath Road" podcast as Mo says the manufacturer is Italian and a lot of the kit is made in Romania... narrows it down somewhat! 

Also mentioned a lot of the players kit has already arrived and that the colour of the training gear might not be to all the players liking. 

6 hours ago, mac.i said:

There's been a wee editing mistake in the latest former players association "Walking Down the Halbeath Road" podcast as Mo says the manufacturer is Italian and a lot of the kit is made in Romania... narrows it down somewhat! 

Also mentioned a lot of the players kit has already arrived and that the colour of the training gear might not be to all the players liking. 

So blur or green training gear then! We had lovely blue training tops when we had our year with Adidas. Royal blue with dark blue sleeves and whits Adidas stripes down the sleeves I think. Was a nicer top than the rubbish home kit we had. Thought they did a nice European top but it wasn't them, their one was all black; the nice European top was by TFG I think?

35 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

So blur or green training gear then! We had lovely blue training tops when we had our year with Adidas. Royal blue with dark blue sleeves and whits Adidas stripes down the sleeves I think. Was a nicer top than the rubbish home kit we had. Thought they did a nice European top but it wasn't them, their one was all black; the nice European top was by TFG I think?

Yep. The nice one was TFG in 2004. The Adidas European kit was the black one, reverse of the home top from that season. Wore it for the cup final in 2007 and the home game v Hacken.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Yep. The nice one was TFG in 2004. The Adidas European kit was the black one, reverse of the home top from that season. Wore it for the cup final in 2007 and the home game v Hacken.

I had that black top plus several other absolute crackers including the Falconbridge black & gold & the Kenny Ward green & purple. Donated them all to Marvs shop. I hope they're bringing happiness to someone somewhere because I wished I'd just kept them & handed over cash......

I’m sorry to be the thread pessimist but the more I think about the Deniz situation, the more anxious it makes me.

I don’t buy the reasoning that he was offered 3 years to make up for a lowered wage. A 3 year deal is equally as frivolous as a short term high wage imo.

I’m all for tying down our young talent like Todd and KRH on longer deals and good on the club for doing so. But first Chalmers and now Deniz should not have been given this option. One good season in league one should not merit multiple years at a higher level, the reward is too high for what has been achieved. Chalmers was poor (as everyone was) when we went down but ask ayr fans what they think of him too. 

These 2 should’ve been offered 1 year to prove themselves at that level. They earned that chance this season. If they didn’t accept then thanks for a good season and good luck, replace them. I do worry we are now saddled with players who won’t be good enough for the level above because of  too much loyalty and perhaps even getting complacent about the step up in quality between the championship and league 1.

Of course I hope I’m wrong but it’s starting to feel as if long term deals were chucked about like confetti at everyone in the squad from this year. Yes we had a great season but if we are going to keep progressing we need to be a little more ruthless than what we’re seeing so far.

7 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I had that black top plus several other absolute crackers including the Falconbridge black & gold & the Kenny Ward green & purple. Donated them all to Marvs shop. I hope they're bringing happiness to someone somewhere because I wished I'd just kept them & handed over cash......

I got a Falconbridge top from Marv in 2013. I won’t tell you what I paid for it 🤠

18 minutes ago, AlwaysAPar said:

I’m sorry to be the thread pessimist but the more I think about the Deniz situation, the more anxious it makes me.

I don’t buy the reasoning that he was offered 3 years to make up for a lowered wage. A 3 year deal is equally as frivolous as a short term high wage imo.

I wouldn't get anxious about it.  All we know is that we've re-signed a keeper who kept 20+ clean sheets last season and barely made a mistake.  If it goes wrong, they'll bring someone else in and he'd be an able deputy - which is hardly frivolous.