Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Unfortunately there’ll be a flood of unbearable Celtic weirdos at EEP for this friendly.

The pictures posted on Twitter by the Glasgow St Pauli fan club show how bad our seats are needing done up as well. 

7 hours ago, CallumPar said:

By the way, just realised that the St Pauli game is 4 weeks today. Not long until Pars are back.

The pitch is looking absolutely incredible.

32 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Unfortunately there’ll be a flood of unbearable Celtic weirdos at EEP for this friendly.

The pictures posted on Twitter by the Glasgow St Pauli fan club show how bad our seats are needing done up as well. 

Aye that would be one big change I would make and other than looking nice would probably make no difference. Black and white seats would look nice.

12 hours ago, DAFC. said:

They'll doubtlessly "sticker" your seats to bits anyway. They love a "stickering" do the GSP fans. As you say unbearable weirdos.

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Nisbet keeping his transfer fee chunky. Think he averages a goal every 75 minutes this season. 

Wouldn't be surprised if a team like Manchester United - who are in dire need of a goalscorer - take a punt on him tbh.

If it’s a third of the sell, then hopefully looking at 500k ish. Watch Hibs accept a low ball offer of 500k from one of the OF now I’ve said that. 

53 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Wouldn't be surprised if a team like Manchester United - who are in dire need of a goalscorer - take a punt on him tbh.

They couldn’t afford him as they are saving up to buy Matty, Matty Todd.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'd be astounded.

Nisbet is English championship level I would think. Plenty teams down there that will pay a couple million for him. Good that he got a couple goals in the last two games of the season. Hopefully get a wee bidding war going.

Edited by Chubbychops

20 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Nizzy will be away from Hibs in the summer, missed out on Europe too so not exactly got that to sell to him. 

Fairly sure they’ve qualified for Europe, unless Inverness win the cup next week.

The guy who won manager of the year lost three league games and has a budget bigger than all of the other teams, except one, combined. Said manager signed 15 players over the season for a total of £24.95M over the season (according to Wiki). They won their league by 7 points. They won the league last season.

Stirling Albion lost 5 games this season in the league. Doubt they had the highest budget. They signed 12 players for a total of £0 in transfer fees, 5 of whom were loans. They won their league by 11 points. Last season they finished 7th

Pars lost a single league game all season and won the league by 14 points. After Falkirk we probably had the biggest budget but Kelty, Queen of the South and Airdrie weren't massively far behind (just two of those teams would have been easily more than our budhet I imagine). We signed 9 players, 6 on loan, spending a total of £0 on fees. Last season we finished 9th and got relegated.

But aye, of course the Celtic manager was manager of the season....

1 minute ago, da_no_1 said:

You sound shocked....

Haha, aye sadly not! We all know that every year whichever Celtic/Sevco manager wins the league will win the manager of the year award.

Pish state of affairs but sadly true. I'd imagine at least two thirds of the folk who vote for it are fans of either bigot side who have zero clue about anything outside the Premiership.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Haha, aye sadly not! We all know that every year whichever Celtic/Sevco manager wins the league will win the manager of the year award.

Pish state of affairs but sadly true. I'd imagine at least two thirds of the folk who vote for it are fans of either bigot side who have zero clue about anything outside the Premiership.

It's voted by all managers in the SPFL is it not? Don't think the fans have any say.

11 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

It's voted by all managers in the SPFL is it not? Don't think the fans have any say.

Thought it was journalists?

If it's the managers then the point about who they support still stands.