Walking Down The Halbeath Road

28 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I think everyone’s aware that a fee might be due. But we’ve paid a few development fees in recent years. If McPake wants him and Fisher wants to come, it’ll happen. I think people sometimes overestimate these development fees. If Fisher is happy to sign a 3 year deal, the club will be comfortable paying a small fee and agree a sell on % with Dundee.

Hopefully that all works out for him. He played for us a few times last season, mainly as a right back but it is difficult to imagine him featuring in the premier league (although given the current state of our squad who knows). The best case for him is that he gets the move and develops his career playing regularly for you.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Baker said:

Hopefully that all works out for him. He played for us a few times last season, mainly as a right back but it is difficult to imagine him featuring in the premier league (although given the current state of our squad who knows). The best case for him is that he gets the move and develops his career playing regularly for you.

Agreed, I honestly think best outcome for all parties is that Dundee get a development fee/sell on clause and Fisher gets a regular game with us, which would aid his development and improve our defensive options. As you say, he’s not going to be involved for you guys in the top flight, so seems like the sensible outcome.

Just seen Falkirk’s board statement from yesterday. They really are deluded…

In the end we fell short but the difference between finishing second with 67 points and reaching the 80 points needed to (probably) guarantee winning the league, is only a matter of converting a handful of losses into wins.”

Turning losses into wins is spoken about as if it’s easy. How out of touch with reality are these guys?

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Just seen Falkirk’s board statement from yesterday. They really are deluded…

In the end we fell short but the difference between finishing second with 67 points and reaching the 80 points needed to (probably) guarantee winning the league, is only a matter of converting a handful of losses into wins.”

Turning losses into wins is spoken about as if it’s easy. How out of touch with reality are these guys?

I see what you’re getting at but I think you’re stretching here. It’s PR speak for we didn’t have the consistency needed. Falkirk FC have been out of touch many times over the last few years but I don’t think this is one of those occasions. 

Falkirk remind me of the late era Ross McArthiur/Grant/Hughes. Even at the end of the season when it was do or die McGlynn was still talking about their style of play. 

In crunch games they are a soft touch. 

14 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

I see what you’re getting at but I think you’re stretching here. It’s PR speak for we didn’t have the consistency needed. Falkirk FC have been out of touch many times over the last few years but I don’t think this is one of those occasions. 

You say that you need consistency. But the board statement listed your points total per quarter. 17, 13, 24, 13. Across 3 quarters of the season, you were consistently poor. Quarter 3 was the anomaly. That’s the quarter that was inconsistent with the rest of the season. If you had got 17 points in that quarter, would that not have shown consistency? If you had repeated that form at other points, or just had one poor quarter, I’d be inclined to agree that consistency was the issue. But it wasn’t, that inconsistent quarter is the reason we ‘only’ finished 14 ahead of you and not 20+. It’s not consistency that was the issue, it was a lack of quality and a poor manager. 

As for the ‘only a matter of turning a handful of losses into wins’ - I still think that’s a massive ask and it’s spoken about as if it’s really simple. You lost 7 games and would need to turn 71% of your defeats into wins (not just draws) to get to 80 points. Surely you see how mental it is to say it’s ‘only a matter of turning a handful of losses into wins’? Turning draws into wins and narrow defeats into draws is the logical/sensible ‘PR talk’. Talk of turning the majority of your defeats into wins is just stupid. You’ll have had narrow defeats that could have been turned into draws and you’ll have drawn games you should have won.

36 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Falkirk remind me of the late era Ross McArthiur/Grant/Hughes. Even at the end of the season when it was do or die McGlynn was still talking about their style of play. 

In crunch games they are a soft touch. 

Agree with this. Will be hard to forget the board appointing Grant because they liked his style of play when we beat his Alloa team 4-1… or Hughes talking about possession and praising our backwards/sideways passing when we’re in a relegation battle and failed to score in 5 of his last 8 games.

Having said that, if Grant/Hughes just turned the vast majority of their defeats into wins, we’d have been challenging at the top. If we want to use Falkirk’s logic and pretend it’s not idiotic…

Edited by CallumPar

CallumPar absolutely rattled that our board have correctly stated overturning the 6 worst results of our season would get us to 82 points, which we absolutely could and should have done by showing a bit more consistency - or even just by taking simple chances to score. Not conceding 3 in an hour to a Clyde side who only managed 35 all season would also have been a good start.

Kelty 2-0 Falkirk
Falkirk 2-3 Kelty
Clyde 3-3  Falkirk 
Falkirk 0-0 Kelty
Falkirk 1-2 Edinburgh
Clyde 0-0 Falkirk

Even by using your own logic and turning L>D and D>W for these games next season, that would have us on 76 points which is generally also enough to win the league.

It's not like they've said "if we won all our games we'd finish with 108 points lol"

Similarly the Pars can probably feel frustrated they dropped points at home to Clyde and Peterhead, that's natural. Or even point to the loss at Montrose as the most odd result in a very impressively consistent season

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Mental that folk STILL dont understand that a BoD statement isn't actually a deep dive, statistical analysis, but rather an attempt to keep the customer base spending their coin.....

FP66TxaWQAAMqpN.jpg

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

CallumPar absolutely rattled that our board have correctly stated overturning the 6 worst results of our season would get us to 82 points

Can't speak for CP but I was more buckled than rattled, like you say a bit more bottle against the worst teams in the league and failing to lay a glove on us has seen the league slip away from you yet again.

Going to be fun watching from afar as Pingu tries the same style and tactics next year.

27 minutes ago, 101 said:

Can't speak for CP but I was more buckled than rattled, like you say a bit more bottle against the worst teams in the league and failing to lay a glove on us has seen the league slip away from you yet again.

Going to be fun watching from afar as Pingu tries the same style and tactics next year.

I find it incredible that these guys are too thick to see how stupid the statement was. I also think the board’s admission that they need to win more games makes the decision to keep McGlynn even more confusing. 

35 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Absolute scenes as club realises winning more games would have saw them do better. 

They should adopt McPake’s strategy of only losing one game all season and winning most of the rest.