Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I noticed in KRH latest interview that he mentions that ''He's trying to persude Otoo to return next season, but it's up to him'' Thought it would be up to our management if they wanted him back too. Maybe management have made it clear they want him back and enlisted Kane to bend his ear?

He would be great cover and competition at left centre back and left back. I was impressed with him as the season went on.

42 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I noticed in KRH latest interview that he mentions that ''He's trying to persude Otoo to return next season, but it's up to him'' Thought it would be up to our management if they wanted him back too. Maybe management have made it clear they want him back and enlisted Kane to bend his ear?

He would be great cover and competition at left centre back and left back. I was impressed with him as the season went on.

Not convinced Otoo would be up to the championship yet tbh. Looked particularly wobbly at Falkirk I thought but I trust McPake’s recruitment so if he thinks it’s a good idea then get him back.

I’m not totally sold on Otoo,  I can see a role for him but it’s maybe an extra body we don’t totally need.    I think the guys signed up with fisher and Murray being potentially rumoured I’d prioritise those 2 and if not others of similar quality.  I think otoo only comes as an extra to that and would pretty much confirm a back 3 being the default 

Edited by parsforlife

57 minutes ago, AlwaysAPar said:

Not convinced Otoo would be up to the championship yet tbh. Looked particularly wobbly at Falkirk I thought but I trust McPake’s recruitment so if he thinks it’s a good idea then get him back.

I agree on the game Vs Falkirk but saw an improvement every time he came on. Another loan would be pretty safe, but obviously he's out of contract at Celtic, that said having these young guys here thinking it's the place to develop really has been the club's business model for a few years and only not it seems to have the enthusiasm from the players to match to boardroom endeavours.

Otoo signing would be the same as Mehmet signing for me. Not gutted if it didn't happen and not overly excited if it did. Think both are OK but would be a gamble. Mehmets clean sheet record isn't just his, its the defences. 

Anyone else watch the review thing with McPake and Steven Mill on youtube. When they look at pictures of celebrations, he mentions Sam Fisher and comments along the lines of “he was still a Dundee player at the time” then has to backtrack and say “of course, he still is”… certainly came across as if that’s a done deal. Expect that to be announced early June, once his Dundee contract expires.

Looked like Otoo had tons of potential to me. 

I'd imagine it's more difficult for a young player, with little first team experience, to come in and appear settled playing as a centre back as opposed to a winger - as the mistakes are highlighted and amplified.

Really athletic, very composed on the ball when he brings it out of defence (until he gets to the opposing 18 yard box, but that can be worked on) and would progress well playing beside Bene, in my opinion at least.  

4 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Anyone else watch the review thing with McPake and Steven Mill on youtube. When they look at pictures of celebrations, he mentions Sam Fisher and comments along the lines of “he was still a Dundee player at the time” then has to backtrack and say “of course, he still is”… certainly came across as if that’s a done deal. Expect that to be announced early June, once his Dundee contract expires.

It is my understanding that all the players who came through our youth system and had played in the first team were offered a new contract. That'd mean that if Fisher signs for somebody else once his current contract expires Dundee would be due a development fee.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Baker said:

It is my understanding that all the players who came through our youth system and had played in the first team were offered a new contract. That'd mean that if Fisher signs for somebody else once his current contract expires Dundee would be due a development fee.

I think everyone’s aware that a fee might be due. But we’ve paid a few development fees in recent years. If McPake wants him and Fisher wants to come, it’ll happen. I think people sometimes overestimate these development fees. If Fisher is happy to sign a 3 year deal, the club will be comfortable paying a small fee and agree a sell on % with Dundee.