Walking Down The Halbeath Road

22 hours ago, par-adise said:

If this Ayr side can finish 2nd in the championship I'm quietly confident about next season.

Tbh, I wouldn't read much into that 2nd place finish other than to say Akinyemi is a very very good player. If it wasn't for him, our squad would have been absolutely miles away from the top 4, let alone 2nd. The very best this squad could have hoped for without him was the no mans land that Raith occupied - more than likely we would have been in relegation danger. 

That's not to say that you lot shouldn't fancy your chances of top 4 (I would probably expect to see your squad with some additions in and around the play-offs) just that our second place finish is wildly skewed by one unusually good player for the level, so I wouldn't necessarily use it as a marker. 

Looking forward to returning to EEP next season. Congrats on playing your part in keeping Falkirk down. Couple more seasons and they'll eclipse Ayr's longest spell down there in recent decades, which would be a truly remarkable* achievement for the bairns.

*Embarrassing.

There's plenty of performances we had this season that would have seen us beat in the Championship.

Obviously we won't have the same squad for next season though.

49 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Tbh, I wouldn't read much into that 2nd place finish other than to say Akinyemi is a very very good player. If it wasn't for him, our squad would have been absolutely miles away from the top 4, let alone 2nd. The very best this squad could have hoped for without him was the no mans land that Raith occupied - more than likely we would have been in relegation danger. 

That's not to say that you lot shouldn't fancy your chances of top 4 (I would probably expect to see your squad with some additions in and around the play-offs) just that our second place finish is wildly skewed by one unusually good player for the level, so I wouldn't necessarily use it as a marker. 

Looking forward to returning to EEP next season. Congrats on playing your part in keeping Falkirk down. Couple more seasons and they'll eclipse Ayr's longest spell down there in recent decades, which would be a truly remarkable* achievement for the bairns.

*Embarrassing.

I said something similar in the match thread last night. From the limited stuff I've seen of Ayr this season they look like an average squad with a very good goal scorer who is making the difference. It reminds me of us with Nisbet a few years ago. 

I fully expect next season to be as tight as ever in the championship.

I think we have signed a capable base of players for next season but our new signings will determine which end of the table we fight at. 

Signing KRH would be huge. The width he gave us second half of the season was a game changer. Think he is Premiership class to be honest.

I think Fisher will strengthen the back line and be a good signing that will only get better with age.

Beyond those two I'm not sure but pretty confident the management will find the right quality to take us forward.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Steven Mill introduces it and does give a wee spiel in between some games (seems a bit random which games) but aye, there's zero commentary and zero music as far as I can tell.

Doesn't surprise me as it's from ParsTV, which has been consistently amongst the worst and laziest coverage in Scotland.

Saying that there's still some good goals to see, but then you could watch the individual highlights of said game should you wish.

That’s harsh. 

It’s not as if the club are charging £9.99 to watch it!  It’s a freebie on YouTube, a wee end of season review compilation and fair play to them for doing it.

7 minutes ago, parsboi said:

That’s harsh. 

It’s not as if the club are charging £9.99 to watch it!  It’s a freebie on YouTube, a wee end of season review compilation and fair play to them for doing it.

Possibly, but I just really dislike Pars TV as I think it's consistently poor. The lockdown period really exposed how poor it is, as almost every single other service was far superior in every way.

The club should spend a bit of cash on training for the folk involved, except that c**t Brian, who should be fired immediately and have zero involvement with the club.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Signing KRH would be huge. The width he gave us second half of the season was a game changer. Think he is Premiership class to be honest.

KRH was great this season but he needs to prove himself at a higher level before we can say he’s Premiership quality or not. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Possibly, but I just really dislike Pars TV as I think it's consistently poor. The lockdown period really exposed how poor it is, as almost every single other service was far superior in every way.

The club should spend a bit of cash on training for the folk involved, except that c**t Brian, who should be fired immediately and have zero involvement with the club.

I managed to watch every single game of the COVID season on ParsTV without interruption pretty much without exception. Which, by most accounts, is superior than a lot of clubs in that period.

I'm not bothered about people speaking or any punditry though, pointing the camera at the pitch is good enough for me.

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Looking forward to watching that. 

Watching the now and my main take aways are;

what a player Matty Todd is

Todorov and Macdonald can count themselves a bit unlucky not to have been given new deals.

Although I'll never get too excited over a season for us at this level, there has been some great moments and the fact we were vying for the league with our rivals made it a season to remember.

you'd be hard pushed to find any Pars fan that would have thought we'd have done it this way 12 months ago.

Take this information whatever way you want… but there are 3 extremely good signings for the Championship coming to EEP. The kind of players that you’d associate with a squad that should be challenging for the title. I’d imagine we’ll make more signings like Fisher and Euan Murray as well on top of them. 

Edited by DAFC.

5 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Take this information whatever way you want… but there are 3 extremely good signings for the Championship coming to EEP. The kind of players that you’d associate with a squad that should be challenging for the title. I’d imagine we’ll make more signings like Fisher and Euan Murray as well on top of them. 

dm me hon

Edited by Rob1885

Pars TV is better than Pixellot streams. At least it doesn't follow bald heads instead of the ball.  

Pars TV has lots of room for improvement though.  Drops out way too often. Don't get that on way streams near as much. 

Think the commentary is a guy giving it his best but when folk are paying for a service, it needs to be better.