Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Looks like a goodbye to me.

received_922615035675992.jpeg

Heard our offer was way short of what he was looking for. Good luck to Deniz for the future.

Glad the club have not pushed the boat out. We can't be tempted back to those days.

4 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Heard our offer was way short of what he was looking for. Good luck to Deniz for the future.

Glad the club have not pushed the boat out. We can't be tempted back to those days.

Agree. Plus weirdly despite all the great stats he has this year, I’m still not inspired by him.  There are better out there for that kind of money, but wish him all the best for the future. 

Agree on Mehmet, not fussed either way really but he is definitely not worth pushing the boat out for. Undoubtedly had a great season and wish him all the best.

Also, this just highlights (not that it needed highlighting) how inept Peter Grant was allegedly making him the highest earner.

18 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Agree. Plus weirdly despite all the great stats he has this year, I’m still not inspired by him.  There are better out there for that kind of money, but wish him all the best for the future. 

Aye he never ever filled me with confidence but he was bloody brilliant last season.

29 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Really good interview on open goal with McPake. Sounds like recruitment for next season well underway. Was also interesting to hear him say that first priority is staying in the league next season, I'm sure the remit might be slightly different internally but looking back to last summer when Cook was questioned on targets he never actually stated one publicly so they're sticking with that trend it seems.

Gowsers barnet taking some amount of abuse at the end as well 😂

Enjoyed it so far, got about 15 to go. At the council meeting last Wednesday he said he wouldn't commit publicly to aims for the following season, but someone then said they'd take 7th if it meant avoiding any relegation scraps and he said he probably would to. Really like James. Also great to hear that he essentially has to kick the players out the stadium on a Friday because they're all hanging out with each other, playing darts etc. He mentioned that at the meeting last week. Great team spirit. Often players these days are in training and away home for midday if they can.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'm sure it was mentioned obliquely and quite worryingly I think the phrase used was something akin to "we might have to make decisions that aren't popular" or something like that. I wasn't there, just relying on the transcript from dotnet so maybe someone who was there can furnish come context.

Why might they have to? I can't see anything in it for us. As I understand the proposals we won't benefit financially, and it's highly unlikely we'll ever be bottom of L2 so unlikely to ever benefit from the alleged softer drop it's meant to offer.

If that is Mehmet away, all the best to him. Recovered from a terrible debut season (which I’m putting down to mismanagement), to have a record breaking season. 

Personally, I think he’s replaceable and we can potentially bring in a better keeper. But I hope Mehmet goes on to have a good career elsewhere. Probably a good time for him to leave, as his stock will be higher than ever.

I rather suspect there will be some stat-daft scouts down in England mentioning him. We all know the defence has, first and foremost, been the reason for our record-breaking season. Mehmet can look back and be proud of his achievements, and I’d wish him nothing but continued success, but we can get someone in of equal quality, if not better…and on a lot less dough as well. 

Conor Hazard is a bit of a pipe dream. Will be on a decent wage at Celtic, and is used by them for cup competitions. Don’t think there is any obvious candidates, but McPake will get it right. 

Could potentially see you lot with Aidan McAdams next season? He’s pretty much set to leave us and I’m sure rumours were floated when we signed him that Dundee were one of the teams interested in him so McPake want to try and get him this time round. 

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Could potentially see you lot with Aidan McAdams next season? He’s pretty much set to leave us and I’m sure rumours were floated when we signed him that Dundee were one of the teams interested in him so McPake want to try and get him this time round. 

No tah. 

52 minutes ago, smpar said:

Was it Mehmet that Grant (maybe Hughes) threw under the bus in a post match interview? 

Can’t remember, both had the habit of blaming players when they were by far the biggest culprits in defeats,  must have been a dozen or so players each thrown to the dogs instead of showing abit of decency and self-responsibility.

I’d have liked mehmet to stay but if the rumours are right on his current wage and where he may potentially end up then I think it’s was always difficult to be able to offer a wage sensible for us that he would accept.  

Of the potential replacements mentioned McAdams is by far the worst, hazard seems possible but I don’t particularly see what has got him so far at Celtic and the level of loans he got. He’d be a very meh signing for me.   

McLaughlin was mentioned but seems more than a bit of a stretch, he’s bound to get better offers.

Edited by parsforlife

52 minutes ago, smpar said:

Was it Mehmet that Grant (maybe Hughes) threw under the bus in a post match interview? 

Don't think it would have been Yogi as Mehmet was fine in the 2 games he played under him.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Can’t remember, both had the habit of blaming players when they were by far the biggest culprits in defeats,  must have been a dozen or so players each thrown to the dogs instead of showing abit of decency and self-responsibility.

I’d have liked mehmet to stay but if the rumours are right on his current wage and where he may potentially end up then I think it’s was always difficult to be able to offer a wage sensible for us that he would accept.  

Of the potential replacements mentioned McAdams is by far the worst, hazard seems possible but I don’t particularly see what has got him so far at Celtic and the level of loans he got. He’d be a very meh signing for me.   

McLaughlin was mentioned but seems more than a bit of a stretch, he’s bound to get better offers.

Hazard a meh signing? He was playing against Roma just last year in the Europa League.

1 minute ago, VinnyPar said:

Hazard a meh signing? He was playing against Roma just last year in the Europa League.

I’d more focus on his league appearances.   30 odd games at championship/bottom half premiership on short term deals and not done a huge amount that has made anyone desperate to keep him on longer term

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

hazard seems possible but I don’t particularly see what has got him so far at Celtic and the level of loans he got. He’d be a very meh signing for me.   

For whatever it means I always thought he was a decent keeper with us in the Championship and he totally bossed the Finnish league last season with HJK, winning goalie of the season and the league with them plus all the European nights. Then again, Lee Erwin was comfortably the league's top scorer that season so his success might be taken with a pinch of salt.

Still, think his career's been held back by that white elephant of a Celtic contract he's on, and I reckon he'll have a healthy enough career as a decent professional goalie. Could do worse.

28 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

He is fucking awful

A ringing endorsement.

Does anybody know Jamie Macdonalds's contract situation? Seen he's been linked with that lit but surely we'd be able to offer better terms (not to mention we're no longer in the seaside league)