Walking Down The Halbeath Road

37 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I am surprised you were able to hold a pretty good line on ticket prices while doing that, what do you attribute it to? I could be cynical and suggest a competitive team versus last year would be the reason, but why kick you when you were (going) down.

We sold cheap season tickets to younger fans. 18-21 were around £100 and U18s were around £50 from memory. Obviously this is the generation that create the atmosphere and will be the lifeblood of the club in years to come. So when these guys are making noise every week and the team were going well, their mates wanted to come along too, which has boosted crowds.

As you say, results on the park have obviously made a difference. As have the games v Falkirk. If we weren’t up against them for the title, our average would have been significantly lower, as we wouldn’t have got 9,500 at the last home game against them!

19 minutes ago, TxRover said:

How much down from the last pre-COVID season attendance was 20-21 for the Pars, or, more easily, is this a return to normal attendance after the Peter Prostration?

Our average crowd last season was 3,414. In 19/20 it was 4,151. In 18/19 (last full season pre-covid) we averaged 5,009. Last season was our lowest average attendance, since the year we finished 7th in league 1.

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Ross County coming down. 

I want the best possible chance of getting promoted, not particularly bothered in having loads of "interesting" games against larger sides. 

Worth remembering they'll chuck an absolute f**k tonne of money at it to get promoted again.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Wee bit late but congratulations on winning your league, always good to laugh at your rivals going down but then you realise your New Years Derby is Hamilton Accies 😢.  What’s the feeling among Pars fans, do you want Falkirk to come up through the playoffs or is it hope they blow it? 

Leslie Nielsen Good Luck GIF by filmeditor

Stay doon.

Wee bit late but congratulations on winning your league, always good to laugh at your rivals going down but then you realise your New Years Derby is Hamilton Accies 😢.  What’s the feeling among Pars fans, do you want Falkirk to come up through the playoffs or is it hope they blow it? 

100% bottle it in the playoffs and stay down. Then Cove to sqoosh league one again next season please.

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Personally hope they absolutely chuck it. Pars and Rovers dislike each other on a normal local rivalry basis, the Pars/Falkirk rivalry is just pure hatred. For me, I’d love to see them linger around L1 for a while until they have to take the Kelpies to a scrapyard just to pay Stenny so they can ground share Ochilview. Saying this, if they come up it’s another derby with all that brings so a win/win really.

Looking forward to the Championship next term, be interesting to see who goes up to the Prem and who comes down, and if any of our L1 rivals join us. Nice knowing we can sit back and watch it all play out for the next few weeks.

Hoping for an away Saturday 3pm kick off away at Starks, don’t think we got one at all in our last season together and the season prior was covid. I’m sure the BBC will be all over at least two of them for Friday nights live game. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

Would love to see Falkirk get horsed out of the play offs at the earliest opportunity. League one forever. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth remembering they'll chuck an absolute f**k tonne of money at it to get promoted again.

Aye, but that'll be the case with any of the relegated prem sides. When Killie and Dundee United were down they both chucked a shed load at it compared to everyone else, even if yerselfs come down you've got enough in the bank to throw some good money at it. 

As an aside I still think it's pish that the only league you get parachute payments for is the Premier, not a fan. 

Now that prize money in tier 2 is much closer to the top division the parachute payments need dropped, or at a minimum dramatically reduced.  I know keeping them were part of the reason the merger and the benefits of play-off etc were reliant on them staying but we’ve been under one banner for a while and you’d hope this can be reassessed. Not sure how you can convince enough Premiership clubs to vote for it tho.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Oh hope they absolutely f**k it. Alloa to come up please. Ideally Dundee to go up from the championship with Ross County coming down. 

I want the best possible chance of getting promoted, not particularly bothered in having loads of "interesting" games against larger sides. 

I like your optimism Grant228 and TBF there’s no reason you shouldn’t be optimistic as plenty of teams have come up from League One and had a go at promotion (ourselves included) Queens Park certainly looked like going up until a recent drop in form, obviously as a Rovers fans I’ll not be wanting that kind of season for you. Not sure I’d fancy Ross County down as they’ll chuck money at getting back up like last time probably worse than the other teams.

From our point of view I’d take Airdrie over Alloa as we’ve owned Airdrie in recent years while Alloa are a bogey team. I’m 50/50 on Falkirk (obviously our rivalry with them is far less than yours) decent payday vs laugh at a rival team. Anyway be decent to get the Fife Derby back but as one of the other Pars fans says it’s likely to be the Televised game on Fridays so hopefully get at least one Saturday away day to yourselves.  

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

The appointment of Grant last pre season killed season ticket sales

Aw man, the enthusiasm was just gone the moment his appointment was announced. Would love to see a line graph of season ticket sales with his appointment marked on it.

I remember hearing the rumours and thinking it was just folk at the wind up. When it was actually announced there was a stunned silence in my mind when I read the headline on the club site.

They'd been shite at promoting things that pre-season in general. It was the first season back after COVID so full crowds were allowed back (after the League Cup games). There was nothing around that though. It would have been so easy to put together clips of fans singing and jumping around after goals etc and saying "Aye, mind this? Missed it eh? Well it's fucking back! Mon along and make new moments!" or similar.

Instead we got some meek pish about an 'early bird' offer (ugh, hate that overused phrase) and Peter fucking Grant. Sigh. 

Still, that's all in the past and this season has blown those pishy memories away and brought back a load of enthusiasm and optimism. We can look forward to next season, and the club can probably even get away, for now, with it when they inevitably put the prices up over the summer. We still have trophy day to look forward to next weekend too, and then flag day the first league game of the new season. Good times.

Edited by DA Baracus

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

if yerselfs come down you've got enough in the bank to throw some good money at it. 

Think we'd be your best bet to come down tbh. Had an open meeting the other day and they reckon we'll be scaling back the size of the squad and how much money is spent on it even if we stay up. Spent an absolute fortune in January last season to avoid relegation, then another fortune in the Summer handing out deals to players meant to help us avoid it completely this season. Suspect we've lost of a stupid amount this season.

We probably lose half our squad if we're relegated too.

Might depend on what happens ownership wise too, the Browns are in talks to sell.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think we'd be your best bet to come down tbh. Had an open meeting the other day and they reckon we'll be scaling back the size of the squad and how much money is spent on it even if we stay up. Spent an absolute fortune in January last season to avoid relegation, then another fortune in the Summer handing out deals to players meant to help us avoid it completely this season. Suspect we've lost of a stupid amount this season.

We probably lose half our squad if we're relegated too.

Might depend on what happens ownership wise too, the Browns are in talks to sell.

Nothing personal but I do hope you come down, just for a bit of variation from the other three likely candidates and a good away day to Perth. 

For similar reasons was hoping Motherwell were heading down before Kettlewell took over, a side long, long overdue a turn in the diddy leagues.

There’s an interview on YouTube with McPake saying he has known for a while what next season’s budget will be and what the targets are (avoid relegation). Liked what he said about Wighton too, that getting him a proper pre-season could mean we see the very best of him.

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

There’s an interview on YouTube with McPake saying he has known for a while what next season’s budget will be and what the targets are (avoid relegation). Liked what he said about Wighton too, that getting him a proper pre-season could mean we see the very best of him.

Sounds interesting, where about is that? 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Sounds interesting, where about is that? 

Yeah, sorry I couldn’t bring myself to post a link. Felt a bit grubby watching it. Lots of “Dunfermline should never be in League One” chat from the pundits.