Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Looks like you lot absolutely stormed it in the end, McPake seems to be doing  a decent job. Also, that number of clean sheets is fucking mental.

Now if you could just be shite next season that would be grand, cheers.

Congratulations on the title. Strong defence, very organised and strong mentality and physicality seems to me to be some of the key components for the success from the games against us. Hopefully we can join you in the Championship next season. Wouldn't mind if you're players 'enjoy' their weekend and it carries on through the week prior to our game on Saturday!!

35 minutes ago, Diamond diehard said:

Congratulations on the title. Strong defence, very organised and strong mentality and physicality seems to me to be some of the key components for the success from the games against us. Hopefully we can join you in the Championship next season. Wouldn't mind if your players 'enjoy' their weekend and it carries on through the week prior to our game on Saturday!!

Thanks to you (and many others) for your kind words. I’ve actually enjoyed the threads/conversation with opposition fans on here this season. In general, there seems to be a decent bunch of people in the league 1 threads.

Next week, I don’t know what to expect from this team. Usually, I’d say the champions would take their eye off the ball. No pressure, probably rotate the team a bit, so would expect a comfortable afternoon for Airdrie.

But McPake’s team seems different. They’re focused on setting club records for clean sheets, unbeaten runs and points. We will rotate a bit, but guys are fighting for contracts and we have a fairly strong group of players on the bench (Todorov, MacDonald, O’Hara, McGowan).

Either way, I don’t care about next week. Mission accomplished for us.

Airdrie have played very well against us this season, but are quite suspect defensively. Hopefully McCabe can prove himself as a decent manager, he’s certainly made a promising start to his managerial career. If Falkirk play like they did in the first half hour v us last week, they’ll give you real problems in the playoffs. But we’ve seen that you’re also capable of blowing teams away. If you don’t come up this year, I’m sure you’ll be challenging for the title next year.

We were 5-0 up yesterday and they were still flying into tackles to keep that clean sheet. They appear to take great pride in the defensive record even when a game is won. I'd love to see that same effort put into the last 3 games but would be understandable if that weren't the case.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Heard from a few folk that Pars TV cut out just before the second goal and was otherwise dodgy.

The club should punt it completely and set up a better, more professional service. Perhaps this may mean taking a couple of folk from Pars TV, perhaps not, but Pars TV needs to get to f**k.

It's consistently been one of the worst club streaming services in Scotland. Despite a lot of feedback it's still garbage. Also, the c**t who runs it (Brian), is a piece of shit who should never be allowed any official connection with the club.

That and the tannoy system are a joke tbh.

Congratulations on your title win, as a Montrose fan who have had a fairly uneventful season I suppose the only small crumb of comfort is that we’ve stopped you being invincibles.  So far anyway, although I doubt you’ll lose any of the remaining fixtures unless McPake makes huge changes to your line up for these games 

Want one of those t-shirts! 

It's not shown in this video but the kid kicking the beach ball off the back of the steward's head was amusing.

Edited by DA Baracus

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Want one of those t-shirts! 

It's not shown in this video but the kid kicking the beach ball off the back of the steward's head was amusing.

The T-shirts are great a nice throwback to the Paton league win.