Walking Down The Halbeath Road

15 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Player of the year voting has opened, my votes:

POTY - Bene

YPOTY - Todd

Goal of the season - Todd Vs Clyde (about 50% of the goals on there are his)

Mehmet

Todd

Todd goal against Clyde

Players of the year could very easily be the Matty Todd show, not that the rest of the squad have been poor, in fact with our defensive exploits we have been excellent but he has just been outstanding, some of his goals are different class.

10 year deal please.

9 hours ago, CallumPar said:

It’s the goal at home to Peterhead that’s been nominated. No deflection on that one.

5 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

At East End. Nice wee interchange edge of the box n Matty caresses the ball into the top bin with his left wand. 

f**k sake, forgot about that one. Aye, lovely controlled finish from the edge of the box. Makes it look very easy. 

5 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

DOH!

Joys of trying on a mobile.

Thank you!

It’s not the easiest thing to work on a mobile. No idea why under 12/carer tickets seem to come up at the top. I’d have thought adult should be the ‘default’ option.

Just now, Heaton said:

Can't see anything on the official site about the tickets for St Pauli

Am I blind? Anyone got a link?

Go to the drop down option and find tickets. Can get them from there. Should be easier to find though, a quick link on the home page perhaps.

I'd imagine they'll push for it more once leagues out the way. Might view it as a bit much if wanting supporters to pay for 3 home games between now and end of the season (the run in package etc) and then a game that's not for 3 months at the same time.

22 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Rhys Breen linked with Glentoran and Barnsley this morning, apparently we're keen to keep him.

I would hope we could compete with Glentoran, but offering more than Barnsley could be a challenge. 

That said he's injured with an injury that sounds fairly serious so it could be his agent trying to stir up some interest, I would hope we could keep him but with Euan Murray available and considering he was keen to join us in January we might be okay.

30 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Rhys Breen linked with Glentoran and Barnsley this morning, apparently we're keen to keep him.

Would imagine Barnsley will only be particularly keen if they don’t get promoted. With that in mind, we should be trying to show him how keen we are to get him to sign on.

Any player at Dunfermline should know that we’ll sell them at the right price. Signing a 2 year deal doesn’t mean you’re here for 2 years. If you perform well and a club makes a decent offer, you’ll be allowed to leave. It just offers the club some protection, in terms of getting a fee if the player performs well.

I like Breen and think he’s had a very good season. I think staying with us (and working with McPake/Benedictus) and performing at the next level would be beneficial for him. But money talks and it all depends on whether we can match (or beat) any other offers financially.