Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

That doesn't play well with the section of the support who surmise that the club is completely toxic, from top to bottom, following 3 poor results.

The new deal likely protects the club more than it does McPake and McKay, although I would imagine that their terms have been improved also.  Not sure it was necessary mind you.  I think the worry that there would be a massive clamour from other clubs for McPake's services - on the back of this season - is a bit overstated. 

Also, I might have waited until we were actually promoted before proceeding.  If we kick off next season by losing a league game at home to Stirling Albion, there will be folk going off their absolute nut about this tactically naive, joke of a management team being here till 2026.

You mean there's not a Lidl or Aldi being built at East End?! And that, should we lose a few games, "something stinks!!!!!!!!!" is wildly inaccurate?!

Agree that the notion some clubs are after McPake is pretty overblown, and also concur that the club should have waited until/if we get promotion.

But should we get promoted then not against the management team getting a new deal. Continuity is good, although McPake, the club and the fans should look upon how it panned out with Johnston with caution (a guy who took us up and improved us year upon year until one rank season did him in).

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Falkirk making a late bid for 5th.

Now that would be *chef's kiss*. I know folk say that it would be great to have the derbies next season too but... we'll have Raith and potentially Dundee and/or Dundee Utd to play for big crowds, I'd rather a team that won't have aspirations of going for the play offs at the right end come up to reduce the number of teams slugging it out at the top and most importantly, it would be hilarious. 

25 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Now that would be *chef's kiss*. I know folk say that it would be great to have the derbies next season too but... we'll have Raith and potentially Dundee and/or Dundee Utd to play for big crowds, I'd rather a team that won't have aspirations of going for the play offs at the right end come up to reduce the number of teams slugging it out at the top and most importantly, it would be hilarious. 

Have to fear for them as the League One officials are clearly out to get them.

It’s quite amusing that Falkirk went on a good run of form and they couldn’t stay away from our thread. For 2 months, because they were 2 points ahead of us in the ‘form’ table, they genuinely seemed convinced we’d fall off a cliff and they’d win out the rest of the season.

3 games, no goals, 1 point and they’ve gone back into hiding.

Don’t want to get too carried away. We haven’t made the most of it yet. We need to get the job done today. 

On 24/03/2023 at 13:02, Skyline Drifter said:

This. There's a bizarre blind assumption among football fans that multi year contracts means there's absolutely no way it ends without being paid in full. There will be a break clause. It might be one month's notice, three months, six months, or even a year but there's almost certainly a break clause in there. No responsible football club would hand out a 3 year deal to someone without a break clause surely?

Has to be a meaningful level of protection for the manager also though? 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Has to be a meaningful level of protection for the manager also though? 

There is, they’d be guaranteed whatever the agreed compensation is. Works the same as a notice period in any job. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Here, but how fucking class is the Falkirk bench? Nae ones competing with that. 

There’s also that free flowing attacking football they claim to play. They don’t do boring football, like us. They play football the right way. We’ve failed to score in 3 league games out of 29. They’ve failed to score in 3 in a row.