Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Chalmers and Todd were missed today. Don’t think McGowan’s what we need in there. Todd started brightly, and nobody else matched his drive/energy.

Worried about the longer term solution at CB if Breen is out. Not convinced about Otoo as a CB at all.

Just need to get across the finishing line though, doesn’t really matter how we do it. I’d just prefer us to get it done asap.

21 hours ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

James McPake is our most competent manager in an age. I've said this on various forums for some months. That's just my opinion.

He's proven he can turn players around. Look at the mess of Chalmers, Wighton, Mehmet, Breen etc last season and the turn around this season. Look at the progress of some of our youngsters, Matty Todd, Chris Hamilton for example. I've been impressed when listening to him at supporters communication sessions. He's incisive, passionate, articulate and pretty straightforward. He speaks about unity, social inclusion, bonding, how important it is for players to both enjoy their fitbaw and understand their individual roles. 

If he takes us up as champions, or even through the play offs, he's done his job, therefore earned the respect of us supporters. Good news on the contract.

Aye he's done a great job on a load of players. There's plenty I would have been fine if they were punted in the summer, indeed some I actively wanted gone, but McPake has turned a lot of them around. Add Macdonald to the list too. He was, like Wighton, was punted on loan by that fucking moron Hughes, but both have been really good for us this season.

Edited by DA Baracus

Long shot, but if we win our next two and Falkirk lose their next two then, should we win at Grangemouth in the game after, we would 18 points clear with only 18 points available after.

So in effect we could all but win the league there.

Doubt it will happen as I can't see a scenario where we win the next two and Falkirk lose the next two, but there is a chance.

Edited by DA Baracus

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Long shot, but if we win our next two and Falkirk lose their next two then, should we win at Grangemouth in the game after, we would 18 points clear with only 18 points available after.

Doubt it will happen as I can't see a scenario where we win the next two and Falkirk lose the next two, but there is a chance.

Falkirk won the corner count today so I expect their journey up as champions is still firmly in sight.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

There are only five games left after the Falkirk game on 8th April, so we'd need to be between 13-15 points clear to be able to win the title that day. Since that can only happen if Falkirk fail to win either of their next two games - Kelty at home and Clyde away - it's a fairly safe bet that won't be happening.

However, I'm sure today's limp display will have tempered the hopes of anyone getting carried away. Still plenty of work to do and we were fortunate today that Falkirk also slipped up. Glad to hear McPake was fuming post-match and rightly so.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

23 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

There are only five games left after the Falkirk game on 8th April, so we'd need to be between 13-15 points clear to be able to win the title that day. Since that can only happen if Falkirk fail to win either of their next two games - Kelty at home and Clyde away - it's a fairly safe bet that won't be happening.

However, I'm sure today's limp display will have tempered the hopes of anyone getting carried away. Still plenty of work to do and we were fortunate today that Falkirk also slipped up. Glad to hear McPake was fuming post-match and rightly so.

Ah shit, you're right, only 5 more after Falkirk! However that does then mean that we can indeed win the league in Grangemouth should we win the next three and they lose the next three (with the third game for each team being the one in Grangemouth). In fact in that scenario a draw would see us win the league (we'd go 16 clear with 15 points available after).

Like I said though, that's pretty unlikely. Can't see Falkirk losing twice and think next Saturday will be a tough game.

Still, would be nice if it happened!

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

Can we have our baldy, copper-lamping midfield psychopath back please?

Was surprised to hear some folk saying McGowan looked finished today.

Personally thought he was good in the middle of the park. Just nothing infront of him. Edinburgh with two banks of 4 and going down injured at every touch made a frustrating afternoon.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Not seen you post in a while PoTM, good to see you back 👍