Walking Down The Halbeath Road

44 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

The thing is, previous boards probably would have given up half the main stand

Dunfermline fan's have bought tickets for the main stand. I'm sure we'll all get along nicely. Sporting handshakes all round at the end of the game when we clinch the league.

16 minutes ago, parslad said:

Dunfermline fan's have bought tickets for the main stand. I'm sure we'll all get along nicely. Sporting handshakes all round at the end of the game when we clinch the league.

Don't see us dropping 5 points in or next 3 thankfully, so that will not happen. You guys should just drop some points for a laugh to make it more interesting

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Don't see us dropping 5 points in or next 3 thankfully, so that will not happen. You guys should just drop some points for a laugh to make it more interesting

We need more games against Clyde. 

Starting to rethink coming for that one.

17 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Buying tickets in the main stand with the sweetie rustlers instead of in the KM stand. 

Shiteing it.

I'm going to go to the McAllister Stand and take a drum, seeing as so many of your fans seem to enjoy the noise created by the out of time drumming.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

2 x 49 seater buses almost full for the Falkirk game on Saturday 8th of April. Hopefully going forward we start to see things picking up regarding more supporters buses coming about again. There were around 20 odd in the Leishman era.

15 hours ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

2 x 49 seater buses almost full for the Falkirk game on Saturday 8th of April. Hopefully going forward we start to see things picking up regarding more supporters buses coming about again. There were around 20 odd in the Leishman era.

I'll take all remaining spaces mate

Courier reporting McPake and Mackay have agreed new contracts. Pretty sure McPake signed a 2 year deal last summer, so that’s some commitment from the club. Good news I’d say. The management team have really impressed me so far.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Courier reporting McPake and Mackay have agreed new contracts. Pretty sure McPake signed a 2 year deal last summer, so that’s some commitment from the club. Good news I’d say. The management team have really impressed me so far.

Good to hear. First manger since Jimmy Calderwood who seems able to change formations multiples times during a game to great effect.

6 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Would also hope it means folk like Wighton, Breen and maybe even Fisher from afar want to stick around if they are/were enjoying their football under the management

8 hours ago, 101 said:

Would also hope it means folk like Wighton, Breen and maybe even Fisher from afar want to stick around if they are/were enjoying their football under the management

Agree with this. For the first time in a while, it feels like players want to be here. There seems to be a good team spirit and even the subs seem to be content. People like MacDonald, O’Hara, McCann, KRH (earlier in season), Hamilton (earlier in season) & Mahon could/should be frustrated at lack of game time. But McPake mixes things up enough that they all know they’ll get a chance. The players you mention have really thrived under McPake and hit new levels of performance. Breen in particular is a lot fitter and is a totally different player - although, I’d put some of that down to Benedictus too.

The club showing commitment to the manager and the manager showing commitment to the club can only be a good thing. If he’s here to stay, then players being offered contracts know that the club are behind the manager that rates them. Football is obviously a cruel world and nobody’s job is ever safe. However, I think our board showed last season, we will be patient with managers and not punt them at the first sign of trouble/struggles.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

James McPake is our most competent manager in an age. I've said this on various forums for some months. That's just my opinion.

He's proven he can turn players around. Look at the mess of Chalmers, Wighton, Mehmet, Breen etc last season and the turn around this season. Look at the progress of some of our youngsters, Matty Todd, Chris Hamilton for example. I've been impressed when listening to him at supporters communication sessions. He's incisive, passionate, articulate and pretty straightforward. He speaks about unity, social inclusion, bonding, how important it is for players to both enjoy their fitbaw and understand their individual roles. 

If he takes us up as champions, or even through the play offs, he's done his job, therefore earned the respect of us supporters. Good news on the contract.