Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Not surprising. Sounds like the club were given the option of a fine(s) or doing something.

The usual moronic reaction is in full swing though, with talking about what an awful decision it is and how it punishes the fans etc. Some folk refuse to take responsibility and/or refuse to see why this had to be done, despite previous warnings.

Edited by DA Baracus

44 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Some folk refuse to take responsibility and/or refuse to see why this had to be done, despite previous warnings.

In that bracket has to be the stewarding company, who let what 10 smoke bombs and flares into the ground? That's not good enough from them and their "searches"

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

In that bracket has to be the stewarding company, who let what 10 smoke bombs and flares into the ground? That's not good enough from them and their "searches"

Doesn't excuse the idiots who chucked them.

Also, we can 'thank' them for what will surely be increased measures and searches at Falkirk next month.

Edited by DA Baracus

When I arrived at the North end of the Norrie there were no police officers present and although there were some stewards doing a quick body search of people going into the North West, there wasn't the heavy presence and stringent searches that were mentioned on the supporters information before the game.

In any event, over the past season or two there have been plenty of things thrown onto the park, such as pound coins and vapes (I believe it was either a vape or a lighter that was thrown on Tuesday that was then picked up and mentioned in the referees report?) - not a lot a search can do about that.

I agree that there has been a lot building up to this action and there are things that the stewards can't search for, but identity the culprits and remove them from the stadium. I get that if this has failed then look at closing sections.

However I think the best think to do what be to make sure that before you go down to your seat in the NW that a steward checks your ticket to make sure you are in the right section which would stop over crowding, and make identification of people in there easier, I also think it would help make the whole of the NW noisy rather than just the end section.

How much do stewards get paid? 

If a steward searches, finds a flare and the person refuses to give it up are they going to man handle the individual until the police arrive? 

Maybe that is what they're supposed to do, I don't even know what the role of stewards is. 

40 minutes ago, 101 said:

I agree that there has been a lot building up to this action and there are things that the stewards can't search for, but identity the culprits and remove them from the stadium. I get that if this has failed then look at closing sections.

However I think the best think to do what be to make sure that before you go down to your seat in the NW that a steward checks your ticket to make sure you are in the right section which would stop over crowding, and make identification of people in there easier, I also think it would help make the whole of the NW noisy rather than just the end section.

My sons both go in Section NW and no one sits in their seats, in fact no one actually sits.

I went with them on Tuesday. There were stewards at the top of the first set of stairs when you went in checking that supporters had tickets for that area. 
You only had to walk along to the next stairs to be able to get into the area from the other side.

IMO it would be better and safer if that area was standing, as it was utter carnage when the goals went in.

It still doesn’t excuse the moronic behaviour of some fans. It only reflects badly on the club when items are thrown on the pitch, especially when they are aimed at opposing players. Scrunching up a bit of paper and throwing it may seem like fun, but it only takes one idiot to throw something more dangerous and the club can be in big trouble.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I'm sorry but that's absolute fucking bollocks

A smoke bomb is around about the same size as a 20p piece I'm told

34 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

IMO it would be better and safer if that area was standing, as it was utter carnage when the goals went in.

That would be the gold standard tbh

21 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I'm sorry but that's absolute fucking bollocks

A smoke bomb is around about the same size as a 20p piece I'm told

Utter rubbish, they are big enough to find in a cursory search, therefore the stringent searching the police and stewards were paid to carry out should have found them.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Thr throwing of stuff is pish behaviour. I seen stuff landing near the Falkirk players as they went to take corners (I'm right at that bottom corner of the NW). The abuse they received was bad enough, but potentially being hit with objects is bang out of order. I'm all for the tribal nonsense and the accompanying passion, but anything nearing violence or cowardly intent to harm, I'm dead against it. 

41 minutes ago, 101 said:

That would be the gold standard tbh

Utter rubbish, they are big enough to find in a cursory search, therefore the stringent searching the police and stewards were paid to carry out should have found them.

Like I said, I stand corrected.

Still don't think we should have to resort to getting stewards to search folk. 

Not sure what the associated costs would be, but have always thought the North Stand (that what it is?) At EEP would be fucking brilliant as terracing. Split 50/50 with home and away support. Would seem especially beneficial considering that seems to be where the folk making the noise are.

ETA. Not that it would necessarily stop wee dafties from chucking stuff, but still.

Edited by AuAl

8 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Not sure what the associated costs would be, but have always thought the North Stand (that what it is?) At EEP would be fucking brilliant as terracing. Split 50/50 with home and away support. Would seem especially beneficial considering that seems to be where the folk making the noise are.

ETA. Not that it would necessarily stop wee dafties from chucking stuff, but still.

That's what it used to be before the pish stadium redevelopment.

15 minutes ago, AuAl said:

That would indeed be incredible, but the cost to do it would be astronomical for a club like us. Safe standing is pretty much a pipe dream, unless you are Sevco or Celtic.